The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

What you should be asking is why the counters all have rubbers...

annoyed that my polling station has a load of ukipers outside it with massive leave posters, they look like they didn't need to book today off work to be there

ill be voting leave, same as AV1 I'd put on mortgage on us staying, we've destroyed the trust and belief in politics in this country in the last decade and this will be the nail in the coffin, they've royally **** this up

Well my votes in. Busiest I've seen my polling station. The woman handing out the slips made a point of telling everyone there were pencils at the station but you could borrow a pen . I'm guessing paranoia is high.

My immediate area will vote to leave. Not at all affluent, almost entirely white with very little immigrant population of any sort, but near a more diverse areas. Guaranteed leave by an enormous majority.

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

annoyed that my polling station has a load of ukipers outside it with massive leave posters,

I didn't think that was legal ?

52 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Why do polling stations booth's have pencils and not pen?

I'm not sure if they are all like that but i'm glad i took a pen

Mate don't get me started on this. When I went to vote a woman walked and said why the hell are these pencils?? Your gonna rig it to stay in I'm not bothering voting. A riot almost kicked off. The guy shouted back so we are going to sit through and scribble thousands of exit and cross remain.

it was quite laughable really

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

not sure anyone has said " all experts"   FWIW

Michael Gove did, in essence - He was asked "these (list of various experts) all say ...." to which he replied that "they were the same experts that...." when they didn't all....

Do you know Demetri, i think you are wrong about the pound, i think if we vote to Leave, which i will, but i don't think enough people will, i think that the pound will be higher  in 3 months time.

I think when the "experts" actually look at the remaining members of the EU, and GB, a country that has had , consistently,the highest growth amongst most of the top economies in the world since 1994, higher than USA, Germany, and France, and i think they analyse the future markets, potential growth, economic and political future, i think they will turn their backs on the EU and be more confident in the UK.

As i say, unfortunately i don't think it is likely to happen, but i'm not sure it would be all pestilence and plague if we did.

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

Michael Gove did, in essence - He was asked "these (list of various experts) all say ...." to which he replied that "they were the same experts that...." when they didn't all....

it may be hard to believe this  , but I'm not Michael Gove  ....... do you produce bus posters for the leave campaign in your spare time ? :P

Edited by tonyh29

17 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I didn't think that was legal ?

dunno, they had something like a ford galaxy people carrier parked on the grass in front of the church where my polling station was was then purple posters over their car with "vote leave" on them and there were 3 of them sat on the grass in camping chairs

4 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Do you know Demetri, i think you are wrong about the pound, i think if we vote to Leave, which i will, but i don't think enough people will, i think that the pound will be higher  in 3 months time.

I think when the "experts" actually look at the remaining members of the EU, and GB, a country that has had , consistently,the highest growth amongst most of the top economies in the world since 1994, higher than USA, Germany, and France, and i think they analyse the future markets, potential growth, economic and political future, i think they will turn their backs on the EU and be more confident in the UK.

As i say, unfortunately i don't think it is likely to happen, but i'm not sure it would be all pestilence and plague if we did.

Do you not think that the UK's economic success has something to do with the EU relationship? Especially given how much trade with our nearest neighbours? And how the EU makes that trade easier?

You should try and get a bookie to take your hypothesis on the pound. The odds will be astonishing. In 3 months every financial institution in the world will still be trying to work out what the **** to do in light of a 'Brexit' and that'll hammer the strength of the pound.

Just now, tonyh29 said:

it may be hard to believe this  , but I'm not Michael Gove  ....... do you produce bus posters for the leave campaign in your spare time ?

I'm not "arguing" with you or your post, Tony, I just wanted to post that the notion that the experts who say leaving would be bad economically  did not all say "join the Euro" a number didn't, but the Out people like Gove have consistently implied they did all say it.

The post in this thread about it reminded me of that particular bit of Out bollex.

Hey guys, it's been a while.

I just wanted to say as an American, and in regards to your lot leaving the EU, that I'm beginning to understand where we got our stupid from.

I miss you guys, and looking forward to logging in during our trek back to top flight.

Cheers, 3PO

• Like 4

Well if thats the case then Chindie, then why is the rest of the EU in complete freefall.Spain, Portugal and Italy, are in danger of defaulting on their loans, then we have Greece.The only countries in the EU that can compare to our record over the last 20 years is probably Germany.

You probably overestimate the importance of  the EU, and i am probably overoptimistic

he he :)

13512048_10153484097171986_1360506891339056723_n.jpg

alas , somebody on Facebook  just asked if this was real  , sigh  ... where is an American postal worker when you need one ?

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â