Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

Just now, lmarsha_926 said:

Much rather sit in after a game and keep chanting about the board the club have to do to do something they will wont out the ground, If you leave you take your voice and you ability to be a problem with you.

We need to be united not walking out and then going home, also depending on the result it will get washed up, if we are losing at 60 minutes the ground maybe empty before 74 minutes,

I would love to see 30 thousand fans as soon as the final whistle goes, chanting about the board and refuse to move

Organise it then. Nobody is stopping you. I'll be there with you, I promise. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

There is a famous quote that says  “We have more power than will; and it is often by way of excuse to ourselves that we fancy things are impossible.”

If anyone is debating whether or not to walk out as they believe it won't make a difference I'd say lets have a go. Together lets try to get the club to change direction. No excuses.

Quoted for page break. 

And truth. 

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Organise it then. Nobody is stopping you. I'll be there with you, I promise. 

Just a question what if we are winning and you walk out affects the result we saw it at Liverpool, also do you agree that if we are 2 or 3 down by 60 minutes there will be no fans left to leave on 74

3 minutes ago, lmarsha_926 said:

Just a question what if we are winning and you walk out affects the result we saw it at Liverpool, also do you agree that if we are 2 or 3 down by 60 minutes there will be no fans left to leave on 74

The Liverpool result had absolutely nothing to do with the fans walking out, players barely notice such things. They only hear noise, or lack of it, which there will be anyway. 

I don't know how to answer the second question other than to say I hope we've got the message out to enough people that they will hang on for 14 minutes. 

1 hour ago, lmarsha_926 said:

The board wont react they have already proven they will do anything to reduce losses no matter what the fans do.

less go, less money spent of then club, if we are losing on 74 minutes it has no impact, fans left of 60 minutes vs Liverpool

What a disgusting attitude to have towards loyal fans. They have a responsibility to invest in the team and attract the next generation of fans. We deserve a competitive team in the Premier League. These idiots are killing our club with their arrogance and incompetence. You can definitely see a FC United/AFC Wimbledon situation happening here. 

Change direction and work with the fans for goodness sake, if the board do it the right way we will have near 40k every week in the Championship. 

1 minute ago, lmarsha_926 said:

and if we are winning 2-0 at the time

I can't speak for anyone else but I will still walk out. 

You've pointed out a few flaws that everybody knew were there from the start. If it fails it fails and I look forward to your organised sit in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

What a disgusting attitude to have towards loyal fans. They have a responsibility to invest in the team and attract the next generation of fans. We deserve a competitive team in the Premier League. These idiots are killing our club with their arrogance and incompetence. You can definitely see a FC United/AFC Wimbledon situation happening here. 

Change direction and work with the fans for goodness sake, if the board do it the right way we will have near 40k every week in the Championship. 

Did you listen to the AMG in Jan the club chose its path then, it has been like this for 4 years you really think now after it is too late they will do anything also 10 thousand empty seats at the start and maybe 2 or 3 thousand leave it will get lost 

Only a takeover will chnage anything

6 minutes ago, lmarsha_926 said:

and if we are winning 2-0 at the time

Would even a win excuse the board for the mismanagement of the club over the last 5 seasons? No, certainly not.

So to jeopardise that (improbable) scenario is totally acceptable in my opinion.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lmarsha_926 said:

Did you listen to the AMG in Jan the club chose its path then, it has been like this for 4 years you really think now after it is too late they will do anything also 10 thousand empty seats at the start and maybe 2 or 3 thousand leave it will get lost 

Only a takeover will chnage anything

In a way, yes only a takeover will change the way we're run.

But Lerner/The Board need a wake-up call and this is a good 'show of hands' to communicate it.

We can't sit around on our hands doing nothing in the hope that Sheikh Charming turns up and slaps a glass football boot on the clubs foot.

Just now, theboyangel said:

In a way, yes only a takeover will change the way we're run.

But Lerner/The Board need a wake-up call and this is a good 'show of hands' to communicate it.

We can't sit around on our hands doing nothing in the hope that Sheikh Charming turns up and slaps a glass football boot on the clubs foot.

The have been doing it for years yet we react now, they have showed a few times they dont care in how we think or what we do.

4 minutes ago, lmarsha_926 said:

The have been doing it for years yet we react now, they have showed a few times they dont care in how we think or what we do.

Well do nothing then but don't complain about the situation we're in.

You're right, it has been going on for years, with the club showering us with empty promises of 5 year plans and the like.

We've suckered the lip service for too long and it now sounds hollow and empty, confiming the club think nothing of the fanbase.

We've also never unitedly shown the club that enough is enough and this season has been breaking point, with too many bad records being broken, the hiring and firing of ill-experienced staff/players and then a defeatist attitude in the month when changes could've/should've been made.

Edited by theboyangel

6 minutes ago, lmarsha_926 said:

They have been doing it for years yet we react now

I think many of us would openly acknowledge we should have acted years ago as a fan base. I certainly wish I'd have done something sooner. Is that an excuse for doing nothing now? no it isn't. If anything it is even more reason to otherwise we will have learned f**k all because by doing nothing things have only gotten worse. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, lmarsha_926 said:

Then we lose a massive three points and instead of finishing 20th....we finish....20th ....with 2 or 3 less points.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

I honestly couldn't say that these planned walkouts will work and have the positive impact on the club that those of us involved want them to have. What I do know is that by sitting by idly over the last 6 years and doing nothing more than calling for another manager to be made a scapegoat I have watched whilst the owner and board have neglected this club, and that is putting it mildly. By continuing to sit on my hands all that will achieve is more of the same and won't bring about change. At least with these walkouts there is a chance no matter how unlikely some perceive that to be.

There is a famous quote that says  “We have more power than will; and it is often by way of excuse to ourselves that we fancy things are impossible.”

If anyone is debating whether or not to walk out as they believe it won't make a difference I'd say lets have a go. Together lets try to get the club to change direction. No excuses.

I would also add Mark, that since the idea was first mooted by Mike, there have been other copycat (if that's the right expression) suggestions of protest. It seems that even those who aren't keen to walk out are still keen to protest in other forms, whether that be boycotting villa merchandise, kiosks inside the ground or "party like its 74"-Everyone appears to have something in mind and it has all started from Mikes speculative suggestion that fans walk out.

This is just the start and things could gather momentum very quickly-All it needs is for peoples egos to be put to one side and everyone to sing from the same hymn sheet-its clear that everyone has the same ultimate goal.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â