Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

Well if they're not happy why not try and do something to change it? No ones asking anyone to do anything drastic, just leave a game with other fans concerned and show a bit of solidarity. If you can't be arsed to even try then just sitting there complaining is a bit daft IMO. 

Clearly it is too much of an effort for some to get up off their arses and miss 16 minutes of a steaming pile of shit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harry said:

I had vowed to stop going. I have missed the last two home games, Norwich because I was away and I could not be arsed with Liverpool game. Funnily enough I think I will go to the Everton game just so I can walk out on 74 minutes.

Without wanting to fall out with those who have set this up and for whom I have the utmost respect I don't really see what its going to achieve unless we get thousands leaving but I applaud the 'mission statement' that has been created. Sadly the club is rotten to the core and something however small and token it might end up being must be done.

So you can count me and who ever I take with me in.

Harry, I am currently in Sweden with a very intermittent connection, but it is great to hear you are IN.

Despite some of my posts I respect and understand those that were/are against the idea of OTDO74, now regret using the word "Apathy' and appreciate that many question the timing and premise.

However IMHO, the more this has grown, the more I believe that we have to protest. I had a conversation with a well known Villa fan yesterday, who is against OTDO74 and said the club basically have a choice; Do a QPR or a Hull - and he favoured 'Villa doing a Hull'. 

He may well be right, but it made me very sad that Our/My Villa had such a limited choice. We are undoubtedly beyond redemption this season but I fear without fan pressure,  Lerner will take the view even in the Championship that we can sink or swim. Any protest may make no difference in the short term, but we will keep going to the Villa and protesting. Lerner will not be allowed to forget his words and his promise to be the "Custodian'

He may not give a **** anymore, and be taking the long term 'investor' view, but doing nothing is no longer an option for many of us and he and the board of directors need to be constantly challenged and reminded by whatever 'Legal, Decent and Honest' means are possible.  Out the Door on 74 v Everton will be the first step. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Sorry didn't quite get the doing a Hull statement, was it when they were protesting against Allam for him wanting to change the name to Hull Tigers? 

I think his argument was that QPR are in a financial mess because they invested to stay up, stand mid table. Whereas Hull didn't invest big time and are second. 

Oh right. Hull invested a lot last summer or the one before, signed Dawson, Snodgrass, Andy Robertson, Diame and Abel Hernandez for big money.

I actually think there might be something in that Hull comparison as what they did in the summer was keep people like Curtis Davies, Dawson, Huddlestone, Diame to give them a strong spine at that level and they sold someone like James Chester for 8m to give them a bit of income.

That and Snodgrass got a bad injury so he stayed (maybe like Amavi) and they also had Hernandez who was a flop in the prem but can't stop scoring in the championship (Adama or Gestede?).

What I would say though is Hull have a manager who knows the championship inside out, 3 promotions from that level so he knows what is required to get out of that league. I don't see the decision makers here having that knowledge so expect some laughable squad building and selling this summer.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Oh right. Hull invested a lot last summer or the one before, signed Dawson, Snodgrass, Andy Robertson, Diame and Abel Hernandez for big money.

I actually think there might be something in that Hull comparison as what they did in the summer was keep people like Curtis Davies, Dawson, Huddlestone, Diame to give them a strong spine at that level and they sold someone like James Chester for 8m to give them a bit of income.

That and Snodgrass got a bad injury so he stayed (maybe like Amavi) and they also had Hernandez who was a flop in the prem but can't stop scoring in the championship (Adama or Gestede?).

What I would say though is Hull have a manager who knows the championship inside out, 3 promotions from that level so he knows what is required to get out of that league. I don't see the decision makers here having that knowledge so expect some laughable squad building and selling this summer.

"Oh right. Hull invested a lot last summer or the one before, signed Dawson, Snodgrass, Andy Robertson, Diame and Abel Hernandez for big money."

Fair enough But why Villa couldn't have signed similar? We have been "spineless" for too long. I doubt we will keep Adama, Gestede might be better in Champs but I am not confident that this Villa Board & team will even "do a Hull". We'll know this time next year......

Edited by MikeMcKenna

I think a big problem is that the whole club is just used to top flight football. I'm 26 and all I've ever known is top flight football, every Villa fan 30 or under is in that category.

It's going to be a culture shock when it happens and then experiencing it weekly next season.

Whereas clubs like QPR, Norwich and Hull come up and try to spend and compete for a bit but then get relegated so essentially yo yo clubs. So when they're back in the championship they just shrug their shoulders and get on with things as it's a level they know well.

It's either a challenge we'll embrace or we'll find it a desperate challenge. With the state we're in I know which scenario seems most likely currently. 

24 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Doing something = a minute chance of something changing.

Doing nothing = absolutely no chance of anything changing.

Pick your camp and reap what you sow.

thanks just nicked 1st two for @OTDO74 tweet :-)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think a big problem is that the whole club is just used to top flight football. I'm 26 and all I've ever known is top flight football, every Villa fan 30 or under is in that category.

It's going to be a culture shock when it happens and then experiencing it weekly next season.

Whereas clubs like QPR, Norwich and Hull come up and try to spend and compete for a bit but then get relegated so essentially yo yo clubs. So when they're back in the championship they just shrug their shoulders and get on with things as it's a level they know well.

It's either a challenge we'll embrace or we'll find it a desperate challenge. With the state we're in I know which scenario seems most likely currently. 

I fear that the current Villa regime will 'shrug their shoulders' and that we will not have enough to come back for quite a few years

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

I fear that the current Villa regime will 'shrug their shoulders' and that we will not have enough to come back for quite a few years

I fear it's even worse than that Mike. Every piece of evidence suggests that what they will actually do is continue to strip this magnificent football club to the bone and leave us manager-less, rudderless and ultimately hopeless. 

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I have given this some serious thought, was at the Liverpool game and stayed to the very end, as hate to leave early at any game I attend etc.  However, we all know the club is broken and reading this thread over the last week or so, listening to 'Call Collymore' tonight, has made me finally realise that something has to be done doesn't it? I am therefore supporting this because I said in another thread someone where, at some point I would like to take my 4 year old in the future to a game and I don't wish him to suffer the dross that we are currently being served.  My dad, who sadly can no longer attend games due to age/health etc, said to me tonight that nothing changes in life son standing still and that struck a chord also with me (literally).  I once owned shares in this once beautiful football club, currently am and have been a season ticket holder for a while now and I won't be one next year sadly, for one reason or another, so am happy to join whilst I can! Can't see how this will damage us any further either!!

Top man. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â