Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

43 minutes ago, Harry said:

I had vowed to stop going. I have missed the last two home games, Norwich because I was away and I could not be arsed with Liverpool game. Funnily enough I think I will go to the Everton game just so I can walk out on 74 minutes.

Without wanting to fall out with those who have set this up and for whom I have the utmost respect I don't really see what its going to achieve unless we get thousands leaving but I applaud the 'mission statement' that has been created. Sadly the club is rotten to the core and something however small and token it might end up being must be done.

So you can count me and who ever I take with me in.

A walkout on its own may not achieve much

It could however be the springboard to other actions further down the line.

Remember this started from a speculative post from Mike. less than 2 weeks ago and look how its snowballed.

Its very hard to argue with the statement that its better to do something than to sit back and allow these money men to rape our club & the club of future generations.

• Like 1

Just incase the guys organising this haven't heard it. Collymore has acknowledged the protest, asking as part of his 'call collymore' whether people will be taking part.

I know some of you organising it wanted him onside so this might be your chance if he hasn't responded to you guys already.

6 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Just incase the guys organising this haven't heard it. Collymore has acknowledged the protest, asking as part of his 'call collymore' whether people will be taking part.

I know some of you organising it wanted him onside so this might be your chance if he hasn't responded to you guys already.

Yep, it was our man @DK82 on the call, it took a week to get through to Stan, but he reckons he is on board.

Edited by Chewie
  • Like 3

Stan confirmed he will be in attendance and will be out the door on 74. 

We took over Call Collymore tonight! In fairness to Stan, he really pushed both @DK82 and myself but gave as much backing as can possibly be expected. He pretty much gave us the whole show. Perhaps he has been holding back until today specifically for various reasons, I dunno, either way happy he's given us the exposure we need. 

• Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Stan confirmed he will be in attendance and will be out the door on 74. 

We took over Call Collymore tonight! In fairness to Stan, he really pushed both @DK82 and myself but gave as much backing as can possibly be expected. He pretty much gave us the whole show. Perhaps he has been holding back until today specifically for various reasons, I dunno, either way happy he's given us the exposure we need. 

Yep, fair play to Stan on this one.

2 hours ago, Butterfingers said:

A walkout on its own may not achieve much

It could however be the springboard to other actions further down the line.

Remember this started from a speculative post from Mike. less than 2 weeks ago and look how its snowballed.

Its very hard to argue with the statement that its better to do something than to sit back and allow these money men to rape our club & the club of future generations.

This is exactly it. Maybe 'we' (as in ALL of us) haven't been pushing the "springboard" angle hard enough, but I'm pretty sure that is what Mike intended and I'm very hopeful it is what it will become. 

Two weeks ago I cast doubt on this campaign. Then I went away and thought about it, about what the club means to me, about the legacy I want this club to leave for others. I realised that it is very important that we try and change the direction of the club. Once a football club hits a download spiral, it's so hard to stop that. Those in charge thinks good/bad form is like turning a light on and off. It isn't.

It's vitally important that we find a way to change the way those in charge think. Stop them believing their own hype. Make them realise the most important thing is a club - one which generations =, grandparents, sons, daughters, have put their life and money into - is there for the fans and not despite. 

If we can achieve this. We can help make sure there is a club there in 5/10 years time, in 50 years time, in 100 years time. So that there are children who are happy to talk about that day they had at Villa Park.

34 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Two weeks ago I cast doubt on this campaign. Then I went away and thought about it, about what the club means to me, about the legacy I want this club to leave for others. I realised that it is very important that we try and change the direction of the club. Once a football club hits a download spiral, it's so hard to stop that. Those in charge thinks good/bad form is like turning a light on and off. It isn't.

It's vitally important that we find a way to change the way those in charge think. Stop them believing their own hype. Make them realise the most important thing is a club - one which generations =, grandparents, sons, daughters, have put their life and money into - is there for the fans and not despite. 

If we can achieve this. We can help make sure there is a club there in 5/10 years time, in 50 years time, in 100 years time. So that there are children who are happy to talk about that day they had at Villa Park.

I was thinking about what you said on Call Collymore and have reiterated above. It really touched a nerve for me, what kind of club will I be leaving for my son? After all I am the club, WE are the club. It is OUR responsibility to ensure Aston Villa have a future. I certainly won't allow her to sleepwalk into oblivion any longer. 

**** you Lerner. **** your 'custodian' bullshit. I'm done with it. This Lion is going to roar and you will hear me you vicious bastard. Make no mistake, you will know nothing like our anger. Full force. 

Maybe best to start thinking about that asking price eh mate. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I was thinking about what you said on Call Collymore and have reiterated above. It really touched a nerve for me, what kind of club will I be leaving for my son? After all I am the club, WE are the club. It is OUR responsibility to ensure Aston Villa have a future. I certainly won't allow her to sleepwalk into oblivion any longer. 

**** you Lerner. **** your 'custodian' bullshit. I'm done with it. This Lion is going to roar and you will hear me you vicious bastard. Make no mistake, you will know nothing like our anger. Full force. 

Maybe best to start thinking about that asking price eh mate. 

This is it mate. The club is a legacy to real fans. We pass the club on, we tell the stories, we share memories. That child grows up a fan, they find their own stories, they find their own memories, they pass the club on. The owner and board are destroying a legacy for thousands. We need to stop them.

For anyone who didn't hear

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1456596000#

@DK82 15 minutes in to the 19.30-20.00 slot

I'm 11 minutes in to the 20.30-21.00 slot

I've been very critical of Stan over the past year, but I hold my hands up - I was wrong. He's been championing the cause longer than I have. 

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â