Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

answered my own question cos i was bored, do you what you like with this, for those saying they've already spent their money, based on historical data that i could find for an adult non concession season ticket, and its assuming you go to every game rather than the inevitable missing the game we actually win, this is what you are paying - 

2011/12 - cheapest season ticket was £295 = £73.75 per win, £15.53 per point, most expensive season ticket was £580 = £145 per win, £30.53 per point

2012/13 - cheapest season ticket was £325 = £65 per win, £13 per point, most expensive season ticket was £595 = £119 per win, £23.80 per point

2013/14 - cheapest season ticket was £325 = £54.16 per win, £15.48 per point, most expensive season ticket was £595 = £99.16 per win, £28.33 per point

2014/15 - cheapest season ticket was £335 = £67 per win, £13.40 per point, most expensive season ticket was £615 = £123 per win, £24.60 per point

2015/16 (pro rata) - cheapest season ticket is £335 = £113.90 per win, £22.78 per point, most expensive season ticket is £615 = £209.10 per win, £41.82 per point

anyone who is saying they've paid for a ticket and they dont want to waste their money, im sorry but we've been wasting our money for years

mine so far this season is £144.50 per win, £28.90 per point

Mate, this is excellent.

Would you mind if we use this?

i dont mind anyone using it, ive thrown it together quite quickly while sat at work so i cant put my cock on the block and say its 100% correct, the margin of error should be pennies either way though

let this sink in - there are currently fans at villa park who so far this season have paid £209 per win, £42 per point and £42 per goal...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i dont mind anyone using it, ive thrown it together quite quickly while sat at work so i cant put my cock on the block and say its 100% correct, the margin of error should be pennies either way though

let this sink in - there are currently fans at villa park who so far this season have paid £209 per win, £42 per point and £42 per goal...

Even if they are slightly out and the club were to try and disprove it what are they going to do?

"Er, actually its £20 - £30 a goal this season" Muuuuuuuuch better.

Those figures are amongst the most damning i've seen about the club.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 2

It's shame that Barry Glendenning at the Guardian has picked up on one protest but not the other.

With the backing of the Football Supporters Federation, those behind MOMS have drafted a manifesto calling for change at the club and called on Villa fans to begin a complete commercial boycott at Villa Park, by refusing to give their custom to any of the ground’s many kiosks or bars. They also hope to attract the support of club sponsors when it comes to tackling ticket price reductions and “other supporter issues”. Aston Villa’s players may not be showing much fight, but off the pitch it’s nice to see their fans attempting to stick up for themselves. 

From here

Might be worth tweeting him on this. He's clearly willing to give column inches to protests, and given that he's on both football weekly and talksport it could be a good way to get some publicity.

I'll drop him a tweet later myself.

Edit: he's also linked (or someone has linked) to Chris Nee's article on that piece. Given that Chris is a supporter of OTD and a Guardian contributor, Barry is likely to listen.

Edited by Stevo985

Can anyone do a quick comparison with any of the other PL clubs?

the figures might look bad but with nothing to compare them with they're fairly blunt. They could be standard across the board

1 minute ago, Duck said:

the figures might look bad but with nothing to compare them with they're fairly blunt. They could be standard across the board

Either way. I'm sure all football fans would agree that it's a joke.

12 minutes ago, Duck said:

Would be great to get it done specifically for Everton...

The danger with comparing it to other teams is that the figures are skewed by the fact that our STs are about the 2nd or 3rd cheapest in the league

Arsenal have won 8 of their 13 home games, which works out at about £175 per win, but that's because they have £2k season tickets

You want to compare with teams that have similar pricing on their STs, so Stoke, Swansea and Sunderland rather than Everton who's cheapest is £550 and Newcastle who's most expensive is £950

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The danger with comparing it to other teams is that the figures are skewed by the fact that our STs are about the 2nd or 3rd cheapest in the league

Arsenal have won 8 of their 13 home games, which works out at about £175 per win, but that's because they have £2k season tickets

You want to compare with teams that have similar pricing on their STs, so Stoke, Swansea and Sunderland rather than Everton who's cheapest is £550 and Newcastle who's most expensive is £950

Maybe not a great idea then seeing as none of those score many goals either!

That pretty much is the message.

It's not though is it?

Here's the mission statement objective:

'What is the objective?

Our long term objective is relatively simple; to persuade the owner and clubs directors to change course and give us a positive vision for the future. To put up or go. Though in the short to medium term it is even simpler than that…

This walkout is a show of hands, we want there to be no doubts left. We want to sweep away the apathy and openly demonstrate that we will not idly take this any longer. To show that Aston Villa and her long suffering fans are ‘Prepared’ for action even when those at board level are not. This grand old football club, this institution that we hold so dear is rotten to the core and the end of the tether has been reached, we are bubbling over.

IT’S TIME FOR THE LION TO ROAR'

^^^

The only reference to an actual change in the way the club is run is 'change course and give us a positive vision. Put up or go'. It's almost an afterthought. The majority of the 'objective' is just letting the board know we're not happy. I feel that the objective needs a bit more substance, with reference to what we actually want to change.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

It's not though is it?

Here's the mission statement objective:

'What is the objective?

Our long term objective is relatively simple; to persuade the owner and clubs directors to change course and give us a positive vision for the future. To put up or go. Though in the short to medium term it is even simpler than that…

This walkout is a show of hands, we want there to be no doubts left. We want to sweep away the apathy and openly demonstrate that we will not idly take this any longer. To show that Aston Villa and her long suffering fans are ‘Prepared’ for action even when those at board level are not. This grand old football club, this institution that we hold so dear is rotten to the core and the end of the tether has been reached, we are bubbling over.

IT’S TIME FOR THE LION TO ROAR'

^^^

The only reference to an actual change in the way the club is run is 'change course and give us a positive vision. Put up or go'. It's almost an afterthought. The majority of the 'objective' is just letting the board know we're not happy. I feel that the objective needs a bit more substance, with reference to what we actually want to change.

With all due respect, when people were offering to help out with writing the mission statement you could have had an input. The mission statement was a collaborative effort from multiple people.

That being said, it reads very similar IMO.

Edited by sexbelowsound

But that's what you said. A "show of arms" is showing the board we're not happy, is it not?

You were a bit more specific with the changes you wanted, but the message is the same that we want a change. You said it's an afterthought, but it's literally the first sentence. Clearly stated as THE long term objective.

You've worded yours differently but the message is pretty much the same from what I can see.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-watch-powerful-video-10955232

"We are asking you the suffering masses to stand up and walk out on the 74th minute of the home games against Everton, Spurs and Chelsea."

"We the fans, the heart of the club have been fed a false narrative while our hopes and dreams wither and die."

I spoke to some of the people behind the campaign today and they explained the reason for releasing the video to support the campaign.

Mark Bricknell explained: "This video for me reflects the great history of this football club, the great people who have been involved and most importantly us, the passionate fans, who are the heart and soul of the club.

"It leaves with the question mark of an uncertain future but one we can all influence by standing together and walking out the door on 74."

LOOK: Iconic images of Villa's past

VIEW GALLERY Villa return to Birmingham with the cup in 1957.

His thoughts were echoed by David Plant: "I have stood on the Holte End for 20 years and have watched the clubs decline first hand.

"We don't take this action lightly and we want to take this opportunity to inform our fellow Villans that this is merely the beginning.

"This great club will not wither die as long as we stand together. We need your support in taking that first step towards change. To pull together. Long live Aston Villa Football Club, Villa till I die."

Dean Chew told me that the video is a reflection of the club's great history and just how far it has fallen.

He said: "I've been a Villa fan for 20 years. Unfortunately I was born a little too late to see the golden era of Villa, but I remember watching the videos of the European Champions game on an old VHS as I was growing up.

Out The Door On 74 Out The Door On 74

"This video brings back memories of when this was a grand old club, a club that was respected, and club that players dreamed of joining, a club that saw many many great players. Where are we now? What is our direction?

"The rest of the Premier League say "Who cares about Villa?", Well we do, the fans that have stuck through thick and thin."

Anyone who wants to find out more can visithttp://outthedooron74.co.uk/

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â