Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

6 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Quite difficult to promote ..........?

Ha!, I know, it's just wishful thinking. Just so frustrating when a bunch of assholes who DONT care about Villa have total control, while the people who DO care about Villa are treated like coal miners.

Edited by maqroll

The protest needs to be something that gets attention. Something weird. Like the tennis ball thing. Something that could potentially be featured on a LadBible type site or something. The best option is something thrown onto the pitch. Obviously something that can't hurt anyone, but something that could disrupt the game. Something of similar density to a tennis ball, so something that won't hurt, but can travel a long distance onto the pitch. 

I found some novelty purses on eBay. They cost less than pound each and there's loads of them. If we could get 100 people throwing purses on to the pitch on 74 minutes, I think that would be pretty neat. If we could get a thousand people doing it that would be even better. I'm sure there are lots of people out there whose wives or sisters or girlfriends have coin purses that they don't use any more. Or head into a pound shop. I'm sure they sell purses for a quid. Purses out on 74. Basically telling Lerner to put up or shut up. It'll be like the £ sign protests, but more disruptive of the game. 

It's just an idea. 

$(KGrHqR,!nsE63V3(f09BO)47BV3lw~~60_12.J

Edit: Plenty on Amazon as well for a pound or less with free UK delivery.

Edited by YLN

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

People keep suggesting it, you won't empty the stadium, it's already 15k people down, might drop by another couple for the last 2 games but I actually think people are going to go to give the players shit (like me...)

It's unrealistic to expect it to drop below 20k, it's just not going to happen

I think if last home game was a team like Burnley again I would guess would struggle to get 20k but think some people will go Newcastle game as think we can take them down with us

• Like 1

A pitch invasion and sit down protest  would be perfect but anyone promoting it would be held accountable and probably prosecuted. Everyone staying in their seats after full time and refusing to leave until someone addresses the fans could work. It would cost randy too as there would need to be extra police and for longer, depending on how long we're sat there for. 

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Bournemouth was a damp squid not least because it seemed the board were semi listening and appointing decent people upstairs.

They're all clearing off now so plenty of new material to work with now boys. ;) 

Squib! Squids are pretty much always going to be damp. 

• Like 4

The anger against the players is not relevant for the remainder of the season because their actions have relegated us. 

Surely all wrath of protest should be aimed at one person - Randolph Lerner? Banners all saying "In Randolph Lerner WE DO NOT TRUST!"

Or something like that.

Only way this man will be forced out is to attract his family name bad press in the USA. To do that from here, drastic actions need to take place. Burning his effigy or hanging a doll dressed like him with his face on, from the upper Holte End, that might get some coverage stateside. Other than something that nasty I'm not sure what would get the US press's attention.  

• Like 1

Those who still turn up after everything that has gone on in the last day or two are definitely made of tougher stuff than I am. Even if I were able to attend, there's no way that I would - I just can't give any more of my time or energy to a club that just doesn't care, pretty much at all levels. 

Good luck with the protests and let Lerner have it, both barrels. 

Print out the Bernstein and King letters and wave them about. Its a show that we side with those two and want answers. After that they'd make great paper aeroplanes for delaying the game

• Like 1

In terms of the Southampton game that protest has already been decided and we will be going with banners out on 74 again. The banner we will provide is the Proud History What Future? one which won the recent poll vote across social media. We will provide several thousand of these. That message is probably never more relevant than now as our future as never looked more bleak and uncertain.

We will also be encouraging supporters to bring their own banners and obviously these can have any message they care to display.

I think to those again saying just stay away that is fine and we accept that many have already decided that will be their means of protest. These protests are for those of us that have already committed to buying tickets or that simply don’t want to stop going.

As for suggestions of running on the pitch or throwing things on the pitch both of these are illegal and we could not be seen to promote or even encourage illegal acts.

I’d once again call on everyone going to get involved in these protests. If any of you who are going could also step forward to help us on the day then please contact me or Dave @dont_do_it_doug. via PM or put a post in this thread. We will once again be meeting up on Trinity Road near to the gates adjacent to the McGregor statue at 1:50pm and one of us will be there right up until past kick off if you can join us in handing out some banners.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â