Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Right fellas - banner ideas. 4/5 words max, along the AVPG agenda lines.

Not saying we're deffo doing banners again, just looking for some brainstorming. 

Ultimately one person to blame for our humiliation. LERNER OUT!

• Like 1

"if I can't make it work, I will do what the others did, move on and let someone else try"

I love this one. Eat your words Randy!!

For what it's worth, watching on the box from down under, the protest looked to have worked. Lots of empty pockets of seats. They mentioned it during the commentary as well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

The staff cuts are the hardest pill to swallow for me. Genuine normal people who won't have a job come tomorrow because of our gutless cowards of a squad who will be set for life regardless of what division villa are in. 

Each and every member of the playing staff should line up in front of those losing their job and be forced to apologise face to face. 

As should Lerner wherever in the world he **** is. 

A disgraceful situation. 

It makes e feel sick.

Would like to see AVPG encourage a party vibe for the last couple of home games.  We’re down. It’s been a dreadful season with f**k all to celebrate.  We’ve been decimated by Lerner’s incompetence, completely let down by our players and ridiculed and mocked in the media. But the supporters have never wavered.  If this was a test, we have come through it and no club can say it has better fans IMO.  Lets celebrate that - the fans.  Take a few games off from the the shite on the pitch and lets just get the place rocking and enjoy ourselves.  Combine the protest and banners with a celebration of Villa – not the current crop of players, or our absent owner, the real villa we all love.  Lets go out making some noise and reminding everyone what a GREAT club we are!  

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

Would like to see AVPG encourage a party vibe for the last couple of home games.  We’re down. It’s been a dreadful season with f**k all to celebrate.  We’ve been decimated by Lerner’s incompetence, completely let down by our players and ridiculed and mocked in the media. But the supporters have never wavered.  If this was a test, we have come through it and no club can say it has better fans IMO.  Lets celebrate that - the fans.  Take a few games off from the the shite on the pitch and lets just get the place rocking and enjoy ourselves.  Combine the protest and banners with a celebration of Villa – not the current crop of players, or our absent owner, the real villa we all love.  Lets go out making some noise and reminding everyone what a GREAT club we are!  

Newcastle. Probably. 

We still have a job to do.

I would like a banner of the faces previous warriors we had at the club. image of mellberg, laursen and taylor with the title "winners" and real Villa heroes

Oh and gabbys a fraud

Edited by Demitri_C

54 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Newcastle. Probably. We still have a job to do.

Sure, but these protests create a shop window via the media and 'demonstrating' we are have incredible support (despite everything we've endured) would not dampen words on the protest banners, in fact, it would amplify them IMO.  Positive protest can be just as effective at getting the job done . Something vocal from 74 minutes, for example, would be great - the Lerner out song, Villa till we die, the bells are ringing, or a new protest chant with a specific message.  It will create an amazing atmosphere AND it will get the message across. It might also help counteract this 'toxic atmosphere' label we're getting tagged with in the media, which could help when it comes to attracting new players, managers and a potential buyer. Look, I am 100% on-board with whatever you come up with, just offering my view.

Edited by Gary Thomas

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â