Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Gents, as an infrequent visitor to VP (due more to location than desire) I was just checking to see what the protest plans were for Saturday.

It didn't see it clearly on your website and I've had to go back a few pages in this thread to work it out too.

I don't want to knock you guys as I think you're all doing a great job but I am a wee bit concerned that the message for tomorrow isn't loud or clear enough.

Agreed. I don't know what the protest is either. Not that I'm going, but if I was I still wouldn't know. I read something a few days ago that you were buying whistles. So it's something to do with that?

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Gents, as an infrequent visitor to VP (due more to location than desire) I was just checking to see what the protest plans were for Saturday.

It didn't see it clearly on your website and I've had to go back a few pages in this thread to work it out too.

I don't want to knock you guys as I think you're all doing a great job but I am a wee bit concerned that the message for tomorrow isn't loud or clear enough.

come to VP, either congregate outside or on the concourse it wont matter, you might as well do it inside and get yourself a beer, go to your seat in the 7th minute

spend the game singing we want lerner out, feel free to also boo bacuna and sing about lescotts new car and how the players arent fit to wear the shirt

on the 74th minute get your banner out which you can print off here http://astonvillaprotestgroup.co.uk/74th-minute-banners 

boo a bit more

if the inevitable does actually happen tomorrow i dont know what will happen, theres nothing that ive seen organised, it'll be interesting thats for sure

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Richard said:

Also the acorns day will make it more difficult to protest

acorns day to me is dropping a couple of quid in to a bucket being held by a kid i pass as i walk in to the ground, it has no impact on my day whatsoever, i dont even know what we do for it, is something happening at VP? 

people say about not knowing what a group of blokes on villatalk organised in their spare time between themselves, does anyone honestly know what a multi million pound football club with a marketing team and budget are doing tomorrow?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

acorns day to me is dropping a couple of quid in to a bucket being held by a kid i pass as i walk in to the ground, it has no impact on my day whatsoever, i dont even know what we do for it, is something happening at VP? 

people say about not knowing what a group of blokes on villatalk organised in their spare time between themselves, does anyone honestly know what a multi million pound football club with a marketing team and budget are doing tomorrow?

I don't know about spare time, this has basically become a second job. 

I'm sorry that people had to read back a few pages or like, I dunno, follow our social media accounts or read the almost daily press releases/statements we put out to try and convey the message. I know it's hard work. ;)

Again...

Monday 4th April 2016

Seats on 7 – Aston Villa vs Bournemouth (April 9th 2016)

Following on from the successful demonstrations against Everton and Chelsea we are again calling on you our fellow supporters to join us in protest. We are asking you to refrain from entering the terraces until 7 minutes after KO this Saturday vs Bournemouth. We also encourage you to join with your fellow supporters either outside the ground, or in the concourse, to make a strong visual and vocal statement that as a fan base we are very much united in our pursuit of answers and positive action from our absent owner.

The significance of 7 minutes being that during Aston Villa’s rich and proud history we have won the League title on 7 occasions, a league in which due to the incompetent ownership of this magnificent club we will not be competing in next season. Further to this, by leaving your seat vacant at kick off you will be mimicking the actions of our absent owner, whose seat has not been filled at Villa Park since September of 2014. That being the ONLY time he has attended Villa Park since December 2012.

We also want to see a continuation of Banners Out on 74. The supporters must now own this.

We have been asked why we don’t protest the players. That is not in our particular remit, they are a symptom of the disease rather than the cause. However we feel that banners, such as those seen last Saturday, provide the ideal opportunity for fans to express their discontent towards ownership and players alike.

We must maintain the pressure on Mr Lerner. The need for him to make a statement addressing the concerns in our recent open letter to him along with the need for him to action the three requests within that statement is as imperative as ever. Further to this we are in a crucial time for the club as it seeks to appoint a new manager and we must leave those responsible in no doubt that they must work hard to appoint the correct manager for the plight we face.

We must continue to show the world that despite a lack of passion from Mr Lerner and from the players that we the supporters care deeply for our club. That we will not rest until Aston Villa is proven to be back on a firm footing and heading in the right direction.

Aston Villa Protest Group

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AVPG

Twitter: @OTDO74

Please RT and that. Ta. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

Oh and this...

ACORNS DAY AND SEATS ON 7 vs BOURNEMOUTH

Hopefully by now you are aware of our plans for protest vs Bournemouth to further highlight the decay Mr Lerner has bought upon this great club. We are asking supporters to refrain from taking their place on the terraces until the 7th minute, both in recognition of our 7 league titles and of an absentee owner.

In addition, we would like to add that Banners Out on 74 is still in full force. We hope that supporters are willing to carry this protest forward and that we will see even more of your messages of discontent displayed on 74 minutes.

We would also like to recognise that the game vs Bournemouth is Acorns day. We do not believe that our form of protest in any way hinders this event. However, it should also be pointed out that in our opinion the club has suggested very few ways in which we can, on game day, collectively support a charity which is so close to our hearts.

It is our suggestion that the magnificent supporters of Aston Villa Football Club forgo purchasing their pies, chips and drinks within the ground and instead donate that money to Acorns. Such a simple gesture will go a long way to showing, once again, that we as fans have the hearts of lions even though the owner and the players on the pitch demonstrate otherwise.

Thank you once again.

Acorns donation page – https://www.acorns.org.uk/donate/online-donation/

Aston Villa Protest Group.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AVPG

Twitter: @OTDO74

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah I guessed that Dave....I certainly will be. Just wonder if there was some special chant to the players although I suppose you're not fit to wear the shirt will be suitable enough.

Aye, I don't think the terraces need AVPG telling them what to chant. 

I might actually boo. It's rare that I do, I think the last time was Gareth Barry after all that Liverpool nonsense. One time and done. It might not be AVPG's agenda, but those players are a **** disgrace. Certainly 4 or 5 of them in particular deserve all the vitriol that is coming to them. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah I guessed that Dave....I certainly will be. Just wonder if there was some special chant to the players although I suppose you're not fit to wear the shirt will be suitable enough.

You're shit and you know you are!.. You're shit... 

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Has Randy really only attended once in the last 3 years? 

Yep a lot of reports indicate the last home game he saw in person was Wigan 0-3 in December 2012 although there were some rumours he was at the Arsenal home game last season although people might be confusing that with the cup final. I'm sure some sit close enough to the directors box to spot if he sneaks in but I doubt it's any more than that.

When you look at it the owner generally sets the tone of the club....I mentioned in another thread just now Al Faraz at Forest generally not being an owner you'd really want to work for...unpaid tax bills meaning Forest have to go to the high court each month, rumours he picks the team, changes managers every few months. Very much like Cellino at Leeds which creates I'd imagine an uncomfortable and unstable working environment behind the scenes.

Whereas under Randy it's a directionless and demotivated atmosphere as the t*** is hardly ever here! Not a job you'd run a mile from as we've seen over the last 18 months unqualified people can be appointed and earn a very good wage for their abilities without too much questioning as long as the team dosen't do a major **** up like being relegated. When that happens heads have to roll but what is reflected in the playing side happens off the pitch aswell.

The Lerner out protest shows a complete lack of knowledge of the situation at VP,  the for sale board has been out for a whole season, he's not going to give it away  and even if he did it would most likely be to a clown like Tony ""donkey" Adam's 

28 minutes ago, tinker said:

The Lerner out protest shows a complete lack of knowledge of the situation at VP,  the for sale board has been out for a whole season, he's not going to give it away  and even if he did it would most likely be to a clown like Tony ""donkey" Adam's 

I assume you are referring to a different group here mate. We purposely didn't go down this line as quite frankly we are realistic enough to know that it could take years yet for the club to sold. It is why of the three requests we asked Lerner/the club to action only one of them related to a sale. That was for Lerner to clarify his position regarding the sale of the club, to become more motivated and ensure the club was priced at a level to attract buyers and for him to ensure it went to someone with the means and where with all/vision to take us forward.

The other two requests are for actions for him to undertake whilst he remains owner.

Ultimately it may well be that the club is only going to thrive without Lerner and the longer he has been here the more apparent that has become but to solely focus on that is not the way to go at the moment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Has Randy really only attended once in the last 3 years? 

he turned up for the FA Cup final looking very rough as well. nice of him to turn up though :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Anything planned for the final whistle Guys?

shocked if many people still at ground at full time if play like have so far this season. im still amazed a large enough crowd are still going to games

Maybe the protest guys could encourage the Villans in America to do something over there too? A bit of bad publicity a bit closer to home might encourage Lerner to get out of dodge a bit quicker!

Does Lerner base himself in an office anywhere? Maybe a protest on the streets outside his office? Or, an advert in a newspaper? 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â