Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

1 minute ago, MikeMcKenna said:

DDID As I have said, I will happy buy 1000 of these or similar; http://www.bakerross.co.uk/football-whistles-3?gclid=CKynr5Ky9csCFQWfGwod8fkLPg

I am sure others would happily chip in...

Cheers Mike! We are setting up a justgiving page over the next couple of days. 

To make any protest have impact it needs to be unique, never seen before, we have seen walk outs, delayed walk ins, whistles, banners and mask, Just look at the one with the arrows pointed at the goal

Flourescantarrows.jpg

The reason it made headline is because it have never been done before, also it is a fun protest which on to another point being a protest should not hinder other fans enjoyment of the game that dont want to participate. There for this fun ones kind of add to the spectacle 

3 minutes ago, lmarsha_926 said:

To make any protest have impact it needs to be unique, never seen before, we have seen walk outs, delayed walk ins, whistles, banners and mask, Just look at the one with the arrows pointed at the goal

Flourescantarrows.jpg

The reason it made headline is because it have never been done before, also it is a fun protest which on to another point being a protest should not hinder other fans enjoyment of the game that dont want to participate. There for this fun ones kind of add to the spectacle 

You could only do this sort of protest at the Sty because they have enough empty seats for the few dozen fans to run around in.

@lmarsha_926 We have "fun" in the pipeline too. As suggested, perhaps for our last game in The Premier League for quite some time the supporters deserve to have a bit of that,. We are aware we have the tools, the following and the ability to make that happen with help for you guys in particular. 

Right now we still have a message to get across to Mr Lerner. "Fun" won't cut it for delivering that message, as much as we wish it would. 

Mail article re Seats On 7 complete with poll - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-aston-villa-protestors-planned-11135308

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I think the whole protest thing might benefit from picking a protest type and sticking to it, making a routine of taking up seats late or leaving early or whatever.

I agree. And I said as much yesterday.

I think the one that should have been kept up was Out The Door.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lmarsha_926 said:

Flourescantarrows.jpg

A few pages ago you were saying not to protest.

Now you're suggesting a protest as long as it makes headlines.

Not sure if you've been reading many news sites, but OTD and banners out made plenty of headlines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I think the whole protest thing might benefit from picking a protest type and sticking to it, making a routine of taking up seats late or leaving early or whatever.

I second this, Do whatever you gotta do but do it #on74 branded.

Everything that has been organised on with #on74 has had substance and been relative. 

Genuine question, What is a whistle signifying? Fans blow whistle on top flight existence? 

Edited by Kingman

Seats On 7 is happening. It's the Sports headline on the Birmingham Mail website. I'm confident we will return to On 74 vs Southampton, but for this we couldn't ask people to stay out of their seat for 74 minutes. Knowing now that it failed in the past has spurred us on even more to make it work, just as with Banners Out on 74. Though apparently Marseilles fans did something similar and made it a big deal. 

If it's going to work, we need you again. I know a few people PMed me to say they couldn't help for Chelsea but wanted to for future protests. Can you PM me, Mark or @sexbelowsound again please? My inbox is a nightmare to sift through. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Personal note - I am getting annoyed hearing things like "Randy has tried to redress the balance now". Since the appointments of Little and Bernstein and this "football board" announcement, what has happened? Has he communicated with fans? Has he committed the necessary funding? Has he firmly committed to actively seeking a sale? What? **** all. We've sacked Tom Fox and he has appointed Charles Krulak to the board of directors. Nice. 

We're manager-less, CEO less, rudderless, without clear vision or direction and allegedly "skint". 

Randy Lerner. Redressing balance. Pft... The job is not even a 3rd done and people want to let up the pressure? Excuse me for thinking that's a little cray-cray. I know most of VT doesn't think that way, but there are an alarming number of fans that do. Even if it's only 15%, it's 15% too many IMO. 

Rant over! ;)

I couldn't agree with this more and share the annoyance.

Rant on!

Edited by briny_ear

Can I just use this thread to thank Limpid for being so good with this thread (changing the name when needed) and all the mods too. :thumb:

I know people are a bit worried about Acorns Day which in fairness to the club is a good initiative but maybe instead of buying a programme, pie and a pint in the ground give the money to Acorns instead as a different sign of protesting

• Like 2

Personal note - I am getting annoyed hearing things like "Randy has tried to redress the balance now". Since the appointments of Little and Bernstein and this "football board" announcement, what has happened? Has he communicated with fans? Has he committed the necessary funding? Has he firmly committed to actively seeking a sale? What? **** all. We've sacked Tom Fox and he has appointed Charles Krulak to the board of directors. Nice. 

We're manager-less, CEO less, rudderless, without clear vision or direction and allegedly "skint". 

Randy Lerner. Redressing balance. Pft... The job is not even a 3rd done and people want to let up the pressure? Excuse me for thinking that's a little cray-cray. I know most of VT doesn't think that way, but there are an alarming number of fans that do. Even if it's only 15%, it's 15% too many IMO. 

Rant over! [emoji6]

How can Randy commit funding before a transfer window?

/tinhat

Protest vs Chelsea was good....but this seats thing won't be very effective. The police will not allow big groups to hang about for 7 minutes before sitting down. Where do you plan to congregate for 7 minutes?

Can you fly over VP?? These plane banner protests always attract attention. Their about £1500 to organise. Just set one of those crowd sourcing sites and you'll have that in no time. I suggest the banner to say A.V.F.C For Sale....maybe an idea for the next home match after Bournemouth.  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â