Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

2 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

These protests have a very positive intent as well. Some initial steps are being taken but they have a long long way to go and the BIG issue will be investment over the summer.  We have been utterly disastrous on so many levels for years and it is about time we all stood up and sent a loud message that we've had enough. Doing that we put a bit more pressure on our board (and hopefully Lerner).  To me that is positive action and that is supporting our CLUB.  As people have said, we still have a disengaged owner and that is a big problem.  He needs to invest or become a motivated seller or we are doomed. 

Lerner just has to go full stop. His is like a dead hand that has set the club back decades.

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Of course you can. That is your democratic right. 

i disagree completely.  He should not be allowed to protest the protest and I protest the decision to give him that right.

methinks he doth protest too much.

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

So Fox and Almstadt have gone. Changes are afoot isn't it about time we united and supported OUR club? We can't do anything about Lerner unless someone on here has £100m+ but one thing is for sure any potential owners will prefer to see a full Villa Park supporting a club that's in the crap than a half empty stadium with bed sheets saying Lerner Out. We need momentum and a united fan base going into next season to have any sort of chance of coming back up and if we don't we really will be in a lot of trouble!! 

How ironic............

1 minute ago, MikeMcKenna said:

How ironic............

1 minute ago, MikeMcKenna said:

How ironic............

Have you been listening to Alanis Morisette? Cause she doesn't know what ironic is either! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

i disagree completely.  He should not be allowed to protest the protest and I protest the decision to give him that right.

methinks he doth protest too much.

Now I am confused. Are you protesting about the protesting non-protestors who have decided to protest against the protest?  Does anyone have a banner for this? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Have you been listening to Alanis Morisette? Cause she doesn't know what ironic is either! 

I am not having that, yes she does.  It's like a black fly in your Chardonnay or a death row pardon two minutes too late.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Can I protest that I think your protest about not being able to protest is stupid??? 

You can do what you like mate. It is a bit wordy but stick it on a banner and join us by raising it on 74 minutes against Chelsea.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

You have discovered my true identity!! Where shall I send the prize?

Early 16th century (also denoting Socratic irony): via Latin from Greek eirōneia 'simulated ignorance', from eirōn 'dissembler'.

Carry on dissembling son!

Edited by MikeMcKenna

I'm fully behind any protest that the fans come up with, my only problem is that villa fans have been far too  apathetic over the last 5 years and we have had to slip past the event horizon before anyone has bothered to do anything, that's not me having a pop at the villa fans I just think that Brummies as a rule are far too laid back, I voted with my feet a few years ago.

As I say even though I'm not a regular down there these days I still bleed claret and blue, I think about the villa 100 times a day even though I choose/can't afford to follow them on a weekly basis, they are my team, and always will be, even though its late its not a case of 'too little too late' its a case of 'about bloody time'

100% behind making ourselves heard

p.s. I am sure that a lot of our apathy comes from David O'Leary, villa fans walk around with this stigma of being classed as fickle all because of one comment that he made, ever since the whole 'not fickle just don't like you' stuff villa fans have been terrified that this will come back to haunt them

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

I am not having that, yes she does.  It's like a black fly in your Chardonnay or a death row pardon two minutes too late.

I'm glad you said this. That song has tons of examples of irony, the idea that none of it is Ironic is bizarre.

Banners Out On 74, just like OTDO74 before it, is a peaceful protest. It should not adversely affect either the team on the pitch or the work currently taking place to restructure the board. 

As far as I'm concerned, we ARE united in wanting the best for Aston Villa. 

14 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I love the way a 'cabinet reshuffle' has people coming here to leave little comments about stopping protests and unite together. 

Lerner is still in charge, we are still cost cutting, we still have an inept squad, we are still dead last, we will still be relegated, the players/owners still deserve none of our respect. Fans protests will still be stopped in the ground. It's as you were for me.

Just because we have different names in the positions of power doesn't mean things won't get a lot worse yet. Yes all the cost cutting and removal of useless employees is newsworthy but when the cuts start hitting the coaching staff, players etc... and then we continue to not bring anyone in to replace them then then what? Then we are the next Portsmouth.

Full steam ahead with the protests for me.

So are you still protesting for change? Some are protesting for the right to protest. Under what circumstances would you not want to protest and be realistic. You can want Lerner to go as much as you want but unless you've got a spare £100m knocking about it's not going to happen anytime soon. The squad can't be dealt with until the summer. We should be cost cutting firstly because we employ way more people on a permanent basis than we should. Just compare us to other clubs for instance. Fox and Almstadt have gone and unfortunately because football is a sport we don't have any guarantees the people coming in will do any better. All we can do is hope. One thing that makes a difference is the quality of the people involved and in Bernstein and Little we seem to have got some football nous on board. We are all pissed off that we are likely to be relegated but protesting for the sake of it isn't going to do anything. 

2 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

So are you still protesting for change? Some are protesting for the right to protest. Under what circumstances would you not want to protest and be realistic. You can want Lerner to go as much as you want but unless you've got a spare £100m knocking about it's not going to happen anytime soon. The squad can't be dealt with until the summer. We should be cost cutting firstly because we employ way more people on a permanent basis than we should. Just compare us to other clubs for instance. Fox and Almstadt have gone and unfortunately because football is a sport we don't have any guarantees the people coming in will do any better. All we can do is hope. One thing that makes a difference is the quality of the people involved and in Bernstein and Little we seem to have got some football nous on board. We are all pissed off that we are likely to be relegated but protesting for the sake of it isn't going to do anything. 

My reasons are elsewhere in this topic, I'll protest until Lerner is gone thanks. Out the door was about change, I'm now of the belief that Lerner and his cronies and the players all need to go. Whether that's possible or not doesn't affect my willingness to protest for what I believe. If people give up because of the low chance of success then they are cowards and sheep.

46 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

My reasons are elsewhere in this topic, I'll protest until Lerner is gone thanks. Out the door was about change, I'm now of the belief that Lerner and his cronies and the players all need to go. Whether that's possible or not doesn't affect my willingness to protest for what I believe. If people give up because of the low chance of success then they are cowards and sheep.

I take it your classing the majority of fans as cowards and sheep then?? Fair play I just wish I was such a good fan as you. Have fun protesting and I look forward to seeing your banner at Rotherham away next season. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â