Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

Well I'm disappointed to say you've lost my support. The only reason I went to Everton was to walk out. I didn't wait and see how many others did it, on 74 minutes I got up and walked straight out. Now I just feel daft for believing something was there to get behind. 

I won't be joining in against Chelsea. What's the point? The next PR news released will see another pause. 

Such a shame, all that hard work, the great name, the great idea, the national media attention, the thousands who joined in, all ruined for Brian Little. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

You've killed the momentum and i'd be very surprised if you ever got it back.

It's such a shame after all your hard work that's been put in that you've seemingly hit the self destruct button.

I just don't get it. For Brian Little. For Brian Little offering advice. That's it. I just don't get it. 

I haven't read the last few pages. So what I'll say is : I agree with postponing the protest BUT I think it is so hard to generate momentum with a protest in the first place and the nature of people is that if you pull them this way and that, you'll quickly lose their focus or impetus. I do worry that this well-intentioned postponement will be unrecoverable and that this will have nipped it in the bud. But I truly hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Reminds me of my gym membership, what a false narrative that was. I only went once. Really disappointed by this news. 

I think everyone needed something consistent with a simple message that everyone could get behind. Something to feel as if we were Aston Villa again. It seemed to be working with Out the door on '74 after the organisers hard work etc. At least it was something!

Randy didn't even reply to the letter, but you've appeased them/him before negotiations have even started, for Brian Little. Well what a revolution that was, it was good while it lasted. 

I think you could still turn it around, the game is still 23 hours away. 

I think the rejoicing at the appointment of Little and Bernstein has been OTT and a  bit naive. Really, what does it change about the fundamental problem for the club of Lerner's continued ownership and lack of investment?

There, I've said it when I had planned to keep quiet. I used to love Brian Little like he was my own brother and I have immense respect for him but his appointment isn't going to change the course of the club and isn't in my view sufficient reason to stop the protests, which is effectively what has just happened.

• Like 4

PROTEST - BOARD RESPONSE - PAUSE IN PROTEST

v

PROTEST - BOARD RESPONSE  - CONTINUED PROTEST

I think there's something decent in the intention. By making efforts to show faith in the board, it at least has the sense that if the board do make good changes and open dialogue then fan groups acknowledge this and makes engagement easier rather than perpetually protest regardless of what happens which perpetuates the negative mood . For that reason I do hope it is successful, and the board respect the gesture and don't take the piss. That said I equally understand the skepticism and disappointment by many of the others.

Let's hope a show of faith is rewarded.

• Like 2

On 8 March 2016 at 16:13, BOF said:

And when I read 'all fart, no shit', I thought to myself "that's a good thing in most situations".

It is if you are the architect.

I think now the decision has made by the group to not walk out vs Spurs (wrongly, I must add) then they should stick to that. To go back on the decision would show indecisiveness.

It doesn't have to be the end, yes momentum will be lost, but if people are that committed to change then they'll join (should they want to) future protests IMO.

Again, to the guys who have put the time in to try and organise something and communicate their aims please keep up this vital message. Please don't let one set back diminish in anyway the belief and desire to rid this club of mediocrity.

You're never going to please everyone all of the time but your intentions are right. Keep up the good work guys but let's try and learn from how decisions should perhaps be reached in different ways in the future.

• Like 2

Remember when Tom Fox invited the fans to that Q and A and said all those things that people really liked to hear. And everyone sort of liked him and was more tolerant. For a while. Despite the fact we were bottom of the league and spent nothing in January.

I'm guessing that's what happened to the organisers here. They got a little nice word in their ear from the club. To say that these appointments were in response to the protests. And, not being used to being spoken to by people with such power, the organisers were made to feel very special and warmed to the sender of whatever the correspondence was. Like if you are hating on a celebrity online and then the celebrity invites you to meet, and you end up being all deferential and won over by the celebrity you previously thought you hated. 

I'm surprised that the club acted like this. I'm not surprised it was a success. I would probably have reacted similarly if I had organised the thing, and then got romanced by the representative from the club, whomever that was. 

I would like to know what happened though. How did the organisers determine with such conviction that the appointments were a response to the protest and not just fortunately timed for the club. Why would having respect for Brian Little mean it would be inappropriate to protest this weekend? But for the nice words in the ear of the organisers, it doesn't make any sense.

The reason many people didn't walk out against Everton is that they felt it was an action organised by a group of keyboard warriors online, rather than a proper movement. This really has reinforced those views. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rodders said:

PROTEST - BOARD RESPONSE - PAUSE IN PROTEST

v

PROTEST - BOARD RESPONSE  - CONTINUED PROTEST

I think there's something decent in the intention. By making efforts to show faith in the board, it at least has the sense that if the board do make good changes and open dialogue then fan groups acknowledge this and makes engagement easier rather than perpetually protest regardless of what happens which perpetuates the negative mood . For that reason I do hope it is successful, and the board respect the gesture and don't take the piss. That said I equally understand the skepticism and disappointment by many of the others.

Let's hope a show of faith is rewarded.

That pretty much sums up the thinking and the reasons are genuine. 

We've been running around like headless chickens for the last three weeks, trying to appease people left right and centre. That comes with the territory of course but we reached a moment where we've made a decision that WE feel is the right call. If people can't get behind that and I appreciate the reasons why, then fine. It is what it is. By saying "you've lost momentum now" are people actually saying "I'm out" or are they passing comment? Because ultimately, you're the ones deciding that either way.

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That's **** bullshit mate and bang out of order. 

Tell us what happened then. How did you connect two pretty nothing appointments - one as an advisor, one as a director - to the club responding to the protests? My hypothesis is you got an email from Tom Fox and he tickled your belly.

Is there a possible scenario where Lerner could remain and new changes at long last get right and results improve?

Is that a possible event that would appease fans?

or is it that irrespective what Lerner does....There will be no rest until he goes?

my question is....is Lerners position irretrievable in the eyes of the fans?

Just now, TRO said:

Is there a possible scenario where Lerner could remain and new changes at long last get right and results improve?

Is that a possible event that would appease fans?

or is it that irrespective what Lerner does....There will be no rest until he goes?

my question is....is Lerners position irretrievable in the eyes of the fans?

Yes. Completely. 

Just now, YLN said:

Tell us what happened then. How did you connect two pretty nothing appointments - one as an advisor, one as a director - to the club responding to the protests? My hypothesis is you got an email from Tom Fox and he tickled your belly.

We didn't. The club have responded nonetheless. Why is completely open to speculation. We tried very carefully not to claim any victory and if you read it properly it states that action will continue. 

We definitely didn't. Our emails to the club bounced. We had to send the letters by snail mail and I've no idea if they reached the target. 

I am just asking myself....Do I hate him or do i hate what he has done to the club, there is a difference.....is it him or his behaviour.

He can't change, but his behaviour can.

For me, His appointments have been far more of an issue than his investment.

pro rata we have had owners who have made less investment but better appointments and done better overall.

I think in some quarters he gets stick for everything, when in fact some area's are questionable.

There is no doubt He has presided over a miserable period of our existence, and it would be folly to unconditionally defend him.....but equally in an effort to chastise him, some criticisms are debatable.

The tragedy is I don't think he is going away.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â