Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Good idea.

You going to organise it?

No - I was just offering feedback to those looking to protest.

I don't and didn't support this protest, To me it is and was totally pointless and will achieve nothing positive. It was all about the individuals protesting, it wasn't about doing anything positive.

Appreciate others think different but that's my view as a 49 year Villa fan ! #VTID  

personally i dont think this protest will change things, but well done to the people who have put time and effort into it. i suppose anything is worth trying, and if it only shows lerner and co how much we want them out its worth it. with a bigger crowd at the next home game, and with more people walking out it keeps the pressure on.

23 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

I don't and didn't support this protest, To me it is and was totally pointless and will achieve nothing positive. It was all about the individuals protesting, it wasn't about doing anything positive.

Appreciate others think different but that's my view as a 49 year Villa fan ! #VTID  

Quickly checks how many warning points he has...

I appreciate your opinion Paul. I can assure you that is not the case. 

32 year old Villa fan. Villa till I die. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Paul, surely there were enough people on board to suggest it was not about individuals?  I totally respect your stance, but the more people that join the more it becomes a collective effort.  I have just posted elsewhere, even if the odds are against us it demonstrates our collective anger, it attracts more media attention and it will find its way into the psyche of executives like Fox, which could be significant when decisions are being made in the future.  It might also put pressure on Lerner to change tack. Of course it is a long shot, we all know that, but we have very little to lose and everything to gain. As a 47 year old Villa fan I would implore you and others to get on board, if we stand together we can make a difference.

• Like 4

Tell you what, watching the game, the whole stadium (half empty) singing "**** off Tom fox" and the new anti randy song was a damn site more impressive and impacting than the walk out.

Saw footage and you could see fix squirming, plus even without the commentators Referring to it you can hear what is it.

Tbh it works well in conjunction with the walk out.

Radio 1 even went into detail about OTD74 this morning

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

I can assure you that isn't true.

Quite a bizarre thing to say actually. Do you think the people organising this have been simply waiting for the club's poor form to reach a point when they could opportunistically thrust themselves into the limelight? 

What an incredibly paranoid (and deeply uncharitable) point of view you're putting forward here. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

How do you mean ?

What exactly is there as "doing anything positive"?

54 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Tell you what, watching the game, the whole stadium (half empty) singing "**** off Tom fox" and the new anti randy song was a damn site more impressive and impacting than the walk out.

Saw footage and you could see fix squirming, plus even without the commentators Referring to it you can hear what is it.

Tbh it works well in conjunction with the walk out.

Radio 1 even went into detail about OTD74 this morning

Chants were indeed good - but would have barely figured in media coverage without the walkout.

But wouldn't you agree the reason the chants were impacting is because 10000 people joined in ? Had the same 10000 also then walked out which would've been the more powerful ?

I think fans  - if they want to make an impact - have to do more than either sing, attend, or stay away, as these three things are just part of football life everywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

What are you going on about?

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

Haha **** rubbish post. 

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

That, my friend, is a load of old shite.

To all the people who say the protest was useless and a bad idea. Does this mean you would rather sit there looking like a mug continually doing f all yet moan online etc about how the club has been run.

Personally id rather do something to show my frustration so the board know the fans are not happy.

Personally, I only got into it for the fame and fortune. 

It's been a bit of a disappointment on that score. I'm getting married in three weeks, I thought this was my last chance to get on the coke-and-orgies circuit. 

Nevermind, maybe the postman will bring my invitation to the Viper Rooms along with this week's royalty payments. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Personally, I only got into it for the fame and fortune. 

It's been a bit of a disappointment on that score. I'm getting married in three weeks, I thought this was my last chance to get on the coke-and-orgies circuit. 

Nevermind, maybe the postman will bring my invitation to the Viper Rooms along with this week's royalty payments. 

Tweet a picture of your car?

Â