Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

Good luck tonight to all who are planning the walkout on 74 minutes.

I know a few fans who think that the fans should support the club for the whole of the game. I hope they're the only fans remaining after 74 minutes because it needs something like this campaign to be successful in order to attract negative publicity for the way Lerner has run this famous club into the oncoming dark ages. 

I won't be at the game tonight but please, all that do attend, think of the bigger picture and leave on 74 minutes. Forget about supporting these players, most, if not all, will be out of the door in a blink of an eye if anyone stupid enough comes in for them in the summer. Support our club by showing that, for the future good of Aston Villa Football Club, Randy Lerner is no longer wanted here! 

it might be a bit of a win-losebutsucceed situation for the protest; If we're losing by '74 a good amount might think "**** this" and join in anyway. If not, a decent result distracts from only a small number leaving. The momentum can be built for the next game in that situation.

5 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Don't have a link as I've just seen it on TV, but Ashley Westwood has just been on BeIn Sports saying he knows the fans are behind the team, even if they walk out on the 74th minute.

Without betting on us to win, I can't say that I am. Don't want us to lose or anything just I don't really have much interest in the result at all. 

I certainly have zero time for the players.

I hope the walk out is well received by our fans (and evertons) and makes the statement you guys want, I only hope that we don't come across as amature with a half hearted attempt.  The best way it can come across to the media is for the 73 minutes and 59 seconds before hand get totally behind the team and gett villa park rocking then walk out with those not taking part cheering/clapping.

edit - just seen the team sheet, that can only help the numbers!!!!!

Edited by TonyDaley

23 minutes ago, TonyDaley said:

I hope the walk out is well received by our fans (and evertons) and makes the statement you guys want, I only hope that we don't come across as amature with a half hearted attempt.  The best way it can come across to the media is for the 73 minutes and 59 seconds before hand get totally behind the team and gett villa park rocking then walk out with those not taking part cheering/clapping.

edit - just seen the team sheet, that can only help the numbers!!!!!

There has been absolutely nothing half hearted about the effort put in from the people behind the scenes in planning and executing this.

Its now down to us.

• Like 2

On the BBC Live feed

Villa fans plan walkout

Aston Villa v Everton (19:45 GMT)

Aston Villa fans protest at the club's board
Getty Images

Walkout protests appear all the rage these days... and there's another planned at Villa Park tonight after 74 minutes.

With their team bottom of the table, eight points from safety and only three Premier League wins all season, fans plan a protest at owner Randy Lerner.

Supporters intend to stage the 'Out the Door on '74' campaign in the next three Premier League home games against Everton, Tottenham and Chelsea.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/35430764

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

There has been absolutely nothing half hearted about the effort put in from the people behind the scenes in planning and executing this.

Its now down to us.

Didn't mean half hearted by those that put effort and time into trying to get this sorted, but as in people don't embrace it and join in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

Don't have a link as I've just seen it on TV, but Ashley Westwood has just been on BeIn Sports saying he knows the fans are behind the team, even if they walk out on the 74th minute.

Explains why we look like we are playing with 10 men;)

Share this post on

GOAL - Aston Villa 0-2 Everton

Aaron Lennon

Posted at00:14

Everton double their lead! And it is a great move. They break at speed and work the ball wide left to Kevin Mirallas, who crosses low into the box for Aaron Lennon to meet and finish. Villa are sinking without a trace. If they carry on like this there won't be any fans left at 74 minutes to walk out.

Aaron Lennon scores for Everton

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â