Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

1 hour ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Mike McKenna ‏@Hmmckenna 5m5 minutes ago

AVFC v Everton 1st March 2016 - "The End of an Era?" See new article https://www.facebook.com/outthedooron74 Please share and RT @OTDO74 #OuttheDooron74

I can only speak to the online effort because that's the only way I can participate, but I've so far found it an exciting, simple, and increasingly visible vehicle for expressing my concern. As a supporter from abroad, I'm immensely grateful to you fellows and have tried to tweet the crap out of the hashtag.

For me, speaking only for myself, the Twitter/FB #OTDO74 campaigns are useful amplications of the bricks-and-mortar effort, which, ironically, is almost secondary to me.

(What is the end-purpose of all this? To me, and again, speaking only for myself, it's firstly a way to express feelings on as large a stage as possible. Secondly, I do hope it punctures the "bunker" mentality of the powers that be and gets them communicating more volubly.)

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

Surely the objective is to get Lerner to sell the club.

Does anyone out really think Aston Villa in 2-3 years time will be back in the prem and being a major force again e.g. finishing 6th or thereabouts with Randy Lerner still the owner?

We tried under him, we couldn't take the final step and we continue now in terminal decline under his "leadership."

We all want to see us be a competitive force in the division we're in. We have ceased to be that in the premier league and my big fear now is we won't even be competitive in the championship, at least in regards a top 6 finish.

I want fresh impetus, fresh leadership, fresh investment, basically a new beginning for us as there are going to be no glory days with Lerner still here, it would've been the biggest robbery in football history if we'd finally won the FA cup under his leadership, the one live game he bothered to attend let's remember.

Anyway what I would like from this protest and the following ones is Randy Lerner to drop his price from 150m to 100m. I'd imagine they'd be more interest in that. Lerner has no right continuing to demand 150m when we'll have a massive drop in income. He can't be buying a club in the premier league for 64m and then demanding 150m when the club isn't even in the premier league anymore, that's bonkers.

So yeah if I was doing one of these interviews excellent conducted by Mike and Mark (thought the Mark one on SSN was top class yesterday) I would be saying...I am protesting because I want Lerner to drop his price and sell the club. I'm not saying the new owners are going to be perfect but please let's try something new.

Of course Lerner won't suddenly drop the price because a few people leave here and there but eventually enough shouting and protesting does change minds and force change on occasions as much as relegation will probably change the circumstances of the sale.

That would be my response anyway to the mission statement of the protest.

11 hours ago, Chewie said:

Hey guys,

Can we get retweets the following, please...

Thanks guys and gals.

I retweeted the shit out of that. Fully behind everyone's efforts here and I'd pass out flyers at VP if I could be there. In fact, if I had the money, I'd fly out for the game just to attend and walk out! Great work by Mike, Mark, Doug, Chewie and everyone.

I'll turn off my On Demand stream at 74 minutes in solidarity.

• Like 1

Surely the selling of Bolton for £7.5m is a wake up call for randy.

If we keep falling at the current rate we could be in a similar position in a few years... Minus all the debt hopefully.

Id rather take £100m than £7m any day. 

12 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Yes, could be on the lines of asking Lerner to become a "motivated" seller.

Relegation will probably do that job but it would co-incident with Supporter's dissent becoming very active so the two could merge slightly.

Just as long as the club is sold at some stage in the next 10 months that would do me tbh and make all these walkouts worthwhile.

In my opinion my best tweets today:

Brian Little Walks On Water LALALALA LALA LA

Randy's Pockets Couldn't get Shorter LALALALA LALA LA

@OTDO74 #outthedooron74

We had Dion, Dion Dublin in the air

Now we've got Randy, Randy who doesn't care

@OTDO74 #outthedooron74

16 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

Get your head out of your backside Dave-This is bigger than internet forum rivalries.

This is the small minded mentality that you come up against and makes selling this idea tougher than it should be.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Butterfingers said:

Dave "holier than thou" Woodhall staying till the end "because I support Aston Villa." Funny how its never stopped him missing no end of kick offs in the past because he's more concerned with selling his fanzine.

Get your head out of your backside Dave-This is bigger than internet forum rivalries.

Pity so many of the 'faces' of the old protests have been so anti. Many of same people are the ones who always used to complain about Apathy. Nothing can be done to unite fans anymore, just have to respect the differing opinions - nothing else we can do now. 

• Like 2

Anyone want to get the chant going on the Holte during the night...it's an nice easy one to do as it's the same as Villa go marching in....."Out the door....on 74... I wanna be in that number etc."

Would be amusing if 10k are spending that as loudly as possible for minutes on end. Might tempt a few of the undecided to join in aswell.

• Like 2

I'm sorry if you're supporting a group of players that by and large mostly don't give a flying ####, over your fellow fans in at least trying to make a statement you need your head looking at. 

I know we don't want this to descend into fan bickering and I've toned down my intial impulsive reaction to nay Sayers here and there on all platforms of social media but I genuinely can't see what possible logic you can have for not using this opportunity to protest. 

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â