Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think Mike is allowed to have an opinion myself, in fact he needs to! 

I heard he has been seen masturbating while drunk on a street corner in Southampton. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I have done the interview with Steve Lee form sky sports news. It was done just outside the holte. I think it went ok. About 4 minutes and he asked me around 4 or 5 questions. I managed to get a mention for the website in but whether or not that will be included I don’t know. Steve said it should go out today but you can never say in the sports world but hopefully it will. He did say he had spoken to the Aston Villa press office and that they were not happy and said they expect it to have very little support .

Well played Mark.

The press office are not happy ?

WE ARE NOT FREEKING HAPPY!!

• Like 1

As somebody pointed out higher up the thread, it's really already done a good percentage of its job. There's no specific aim, as far as I can tell, other than Villa fans speaking out against the board - it's an aim I agree with. Without wishing to label it unfairly that means it's really about awareness, and it's getting a bit of attention without a single fan leaving the stadium.

Apart from Mark, who I assume has now gone home.

13 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I have done the interview with Steve Lee form sky sports news. It was done just outside the holte. I think it went ok. About 4 minutes and he asked me around 4 or 5 questions. I managed to get a mention for the website in but whether or not that will be included I don’t know. Steve said it should go out today but you can never say in the sports world but hopefully it will. He did say he had spoken to the Aston Villa press office and that they were not happy and said they expect it to have very little support anyway.

Just for that reason alone I want to join in even more. 

I'm really pedantic and annoying, but I just had a look at the mission statement on the website, and it says things that we don't mean. I don't know if people are bothered about this stuff really, but it grinds my gears sort of to have mistakes in meaning and punctuation in something like that. I just feel it sort of delegitimises the whole thing and gives the impression that it's not a legitimate protest. At time of writing, the tea ladies are facing redundancy due to their own abject failure (at making tea, one assumes), and one of the other two sentences in the opening paragraph is not a sentence at all. 

Edited by YLN

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Aston Villa Press Office - "We expect #outthedooron74 to have very little support anyway"

Dave is this based on what Steve Lee told me or is it a direct quote from the press office? If it is based on what Steve told me then I don’t know if that was an on the record quote from the press officer or something more informal so I wouldn't get taking it as gospel just yet and I wouldn't want the reporter to think I have taken what he told me and taken it as a direct quote from the press office.

Aston Villa Press Office - "We expect #outthedooron74 to have very little support anyway"

Mmmm....have they been monitoring social media and calculated that there are a lot of apathetic moaners who will just sit there and watch shit happen?

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Dave is this based on what Steve Lee told me or is it a direct quote from the press office? If it is based on what Steve told me then I don’t know if that was an on the record quote from the press officer or something more informal so I wouldn't get taking it as gospel just yet and I wouldn't want the reporter to think I have taken what he told me and taken it as a direct quote from the press office.

I wouldn't worry about it. We're not attributing it to anyone as SSN. Let me make that clear, I am not attributing that quote to Steve. On the record or indeed off it. 

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/aston-villa-are-so-bad-their-own-fans-dont-even-want-to-watch-them-play-anymore/

Aston Villa fans plan TRIPLE walkout protest as relegation looms ever closer

Nick Elliott

Right now all Villa fans’ lives are hopeless voids of sadness and despair. Remi Garde’s side are languishing at the bottom of the Premier League table with just 16 points from their 26 games. Supporters of the club have had enough of watching their club fail miserably week after week and are planning mass walkout protests for the next three games at Villa Park.

Fans are being encouraged to show their displeasure with the club’s management by walking out after 74 minutes for the fixtures against Everton, Spurs and Chelsea.The protests, known as the ‘Out the Door on ’74’ campaign, have come about after thousands of fans reached the end of their tether following Villa’s humiliating 6-0 thrashing at the hands of Liverpool.

Why the 74th minute? Because Villa were formed in 1874.

http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/aston-villa-fans-plan-protests-as-they-decide-theyve-had-enough/44013

Aston Villa fans plan protests as they decide they've had enough

Aston Villa are adrift at the bottom of the Premier League table and to say all is not right in Birmingham would be an understatement. Chants of 'sack the board' have rung out at many a game, and now the supporters are taking things one step further with an organised protest at not one, but three upcoming games.

Fans will walk out on 74 minutes of the games against Everton, Tottenham and Chelsea at Villa Park, according to the Birmingham Mail. It is part of the 'Out the Door on 74' campaign, the paper reports. But the main issue is with the running of the club, rather than the on-pitch performances.

Supporter Mike McKenna, who is among those leading the initiative, explained the situation to the Birmingham Mail.

'We the fans, the heart of the club, have been fed a false narrative time and again over the last 6 years and our jaded and cynical fanbase has lost confidence in those in power with regards to their ability, or indeed their inclination to take this grand institution forward. 

'In the interest of forcing a change of direction we, a group of long term and dedicated fans are developing ways to pressure the club to give us the so called 'bright future' that Randy Lerner promised and to be a true 'custodian'.'

30 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Mmmm....have they been monitoring social media and calculated that there are a lot of apathetic moaners who will just sit there and watch shit happen?

they'll know that the figures for the crowd will be lower resulting in a lower % that will take part, does of course conveniently ignore that problem that the attendance is low in the first place...but then again then just use all the absent ST holders (me and the 2 i sit next to for a start) to massage the figures

the last time i took part in a protest, the one where you walked in on the 8th minute, the club turned all the TVs off on the concourse, stopped serving, flooded it with stewards and police who didnt intimidate me personally but they were asking questions about what people were doing and most tellingly had a lower holte whos attendance was blatantly beefed up by away fans

it'll be interesting to see this thread the day after to see what antics they pull this time

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â