Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

Mike, I've just read on your Twitter that 'Tom Fox must go' is one of the demands of OTDO74. I think as soon as we start mentioning crap like that, the walk-out is as good as dead, as too many people won't agree with it.

I'd go into why I think it's crap, but then I'd be talking about Fox and not OTDO74, and I don't want to breach the rules of the site by talking about something unrelated to the topic. I'll add my comments about Fox in the Fox thread, if you want to read them.

4 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Mike, I've just read on your Twitter that 'Tom Fox must go' is one of the demands of OTDO74. I think as soon as we start mentioning crap like that, the walk-out is as good as dead, as too many people won't agree with it.

I'd go into why I think it's crap, but then I'd be talking about Fox and not OTDO74, and I don't want to breach the rules of the site by talking about something unrelated to the topic. I'll add my comments about Fox in the Fox thread, if you want to read them.

Yeah...

I support the walkout. I'm not sure I've yet decided that Tom Fox should go. I don't particularly think he's the problem even if I'll acknowledge he's not had the impact I'd hoped.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If every single one of you could assist by tweeting something simple like "I support #outthedooron74 #avfc" as a start that would be grand. We need to start beating the drum. Hard. 

Along with targeting the days twitter accounts too, please :)

RpaWXj1.png

The sheet can be found at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PVX3x0xmVOodPefPiNGrXZ5kV339F-8iqNmR6DEadcA/edit#gid=30289747

• Like 1

I agree with @Rob182 and @Stevo985. Whilst i'm not exactly a fan of Fox I don't think its wise to potentially divide opinions.

Most people will get behind the walkout for change but if minor caveats like Fox must go start coming into play we may end up turning away people who would have normally gotten involved.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

I agree with @Rob182 and @Stevo985. Whilst i'm not exactly a fan of Fox I don't think its wise to potentially divide opinions.

Most people will get behind the walkout for change but if minor caveats like Fox must go start coming into play we may end up turning away people who would have normally gotten involved.

Yep, agreed 100%. There should be no deviation from the originally intended message of the walkout.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

That's been my point all along (which some people have wrongly taken as criticism). We need a clear message that everyone agrees with.

You'll never find a message that literally everyone agrees with, but the closest we are going to get is "it's not good enough, we're pissed off and we're not going to take it anymore". 

• Like 2

I hope it goes well and gives us the desired response, but personally, I'm not into this stuff and I wont be leaving the ground............... personally, I think its great that the fanbase are trying to show voice but at the end of the day, until a buyer is found that meets Randys needs, then it is all rendered pointless............... there is no buyer. 

13 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Fair enough on Fox, but as they say on Twitter these are my personal views but accept I have to with retrospect keep stum on that one

Have now tweeted this was my personal opinion NOT #outthedooron74 sorry guys

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think Mike is allowed to have an opinion myself, in fact he needs to! 

Yes of course, but he is representing the masses, so he just needs to be careful that his opinion doesn't come across as the general feeling. I myself don't feel that Fox should be sacked, and whilst I have no problem with Mike saying publicly he does, i'd be concerned if it was added as a point to the "official" manifesto (or even taken that way).

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â