Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

I think it is a Sincere effort.....whether it works or not.....Its having a go to protect the pride of our passion that is Aston Villa Football club.

The fans are putting in more work than the team.

Its to everyones Credit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

You appear to have missed my point as well Mark. I didn't say that this protest looks like a reaction to us being shit, I said that's how I feel at the moment. That's the main thing that I'M unhappy with.

The point of my post was that I don't see what the demand is from this walk-out. Some people have said its that we want 'clear direction', others have said this is simply a 'call to arms'. If the people who are in at the ground level can't decide what it's for, right now, then I just don't feel like it'll be understood and subsequently resonate with enough people to make an impact.

For all those fans that have been watching the turgid stuff over the last 6 years, I think they have an inkling what this is all about.

Just about every successful protest in history had those who said " this won't work "

Its probably already working.....Everyone I bump in to, even the ladies are talking about it.....talking about it BEFORE anyone has even walked out,so its working.

We as fans don't want to be a mirror of the lack of effort on the field.....We are, we should be "doers".....lets do it.

Make the effort, make the change .....What the club is doing is not working.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

better fan brigade is starting to rally

"why dont you try getting behind the lads for 90 minutes instead?"

sigh

We are....

but for 74 minutes, we are usually losing by then anyway, so the players might join us.

just trying to put a lighthearted slant on a very serious subject.

• Like 2

it'll be easier to back players if protests end with a club which is better run. Fools. They need to think long term, 16 minutes is nothing compared to the constant support we've offered through all the bullshit.

6 hours ago, Rob182 said:

This is where I am right now.

If you say 'we're protesting because we want investment into the team', the answer will be 'well you had massive investment with O'Neill. Also, you were given all of the Benteke and Delph money to invest (plus a bit more) last summer, which is how you bought Ayew, Veretout, Amavi, Gana, Traore, Gestede etc'.

If the demand then changes to 'Yes, but we want money invested in the RIGHT players', then the answer will be 'Firstly, all teams want that but not all get it. Secondly, Ayew and Amavi have both been championed as excellent purchases. You can't win them all'.

Then the demand appears to be 'we want clear direction', but again, I think we already have a clear direction. Without the board sending a communication to everyone, it's pretty clear that our plan recently is to buy promising players who we can improve, sell for more money and repeat (which is what we should be doing, like Everton/Spurs etc).

The main issue for me, is that we're shit. But lots of teams are shit, and you just have to put up with the shitness until you start playing well again.

Rob , you talk a lot of sense and particularly with regards to the money.

This is where I most emphatically disagree.

The Right players MUST be found....If our staff can't find them some one else must.

Of course most clubs want to do that.....But it didn't stop HDE sacking one on the best talent spotters we have ever had in Tony Barton.....other clubs will do the same on that parallel and we can pounce....because other clubs will not see the woods for the trees either.....but right now they are doing better than us.

We need to find another Tony or a Steve Walsh......Many other clubs have not adopted a defeatist attitude they have pursued it.

This is beyond shit its total incompetence and those 13 players bought in the summer will not turn this club around........13 mind you.I remember the time we as fans were expecting 2/3 players to turn us around.

Don't accept shit as one of those things,it arrives through incompetence its not a cycle.......for years we was like this until Ron Saunders/Tony Barton/Roy McLaren turned it around.

We then had Graham Taylor to the rescue.

We need the RIGHT people.....in conjunction with the RIGHT investment.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

better fan brigade is starting to rally

"why dont you try getting behind the lads for 90 minutes instead?"

sigh

I agree it's irritating, but we all need to remember that we don't need everyone to agree with the protest. A lot of people are so opposed that they're just lost causes, and we don't need to spend too much time on them. 

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'm going to finalise the infographic this evening so any contributions/recommendations need to be in within the next few hours.

For those who haven't seen it it will be going into this format.

AVFC_Infographic.jpg

Typos.
2006 : "Martin O'Niell" & "David O'Learly"
2010 : "O'Niell departs" & "O'Niell"
2011 : "singing Darren Bent" #fallallallalla#

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Typos.
2006 : "Martin O'Niell" & "David O'Learly"
2010 : "O'Niell departs" & "O'Niell"
2011 : "singing Darren Bent" #fallallallalla#

Good as it gets for me....more than acceptable.

1 hour ago, Chewie said:

@HanoiVillan
 Would you mind answering this type of question for the FAQ?

What if we are 1-0 up in the 74th minute and the team needs our support to see the result over the line?

What if the scoreline is close or the game is exciting?

Of course, there is a possibility that the match situation will be exciting. Nevertheless, we will be walking out anyway. Our frustrations do not simply reflect annoyance at recent results; they don't even reflect just this season, but the progressively deteriorating manner in which the club has been run over the last five years. What is 16 minutes of football compared to 5 years of frustration? There will always be another game to watch. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What is all of that Latin at the top? It does look a bit weird. 

I thought it was a quote of Gabby barking instructions.:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â