Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

So what's the end goal? Lerner to leave? Us to spend money in the next transfer window?

Change.

There is a website if you want further info - http://outthedooron74.co.uk/

What is the objective?

Our long term objective is relatively simple; to persuade the owner and clubs directors to change course and provide us with a positive vision for the future. To be “prepared”. To put up or go. Though in the short to medium term it is even simpler than that…

This walkout is a show of hands, we want there to be no doubts left. We will not idly take this any longer, WE are ‘Prepared’ for action.  This grand old football club, this institution that we hold so dear is rotten to the core, we are disaffected and we are angry. The end of the tether has been reached, we are bubbling over.

IT’S TIME FOR THE LION TO ROAR,

IT’S TIME FOR OUT THE DOOR ON ’74

• Like 1

Its not for me to speak on such matters but I think I'm right in saying that the organizers of the Doug out, campaigns, received a lot of abuse for their efforts, to the extent where they've said they would never do it again.

Thanks I'll have a look.

Another concern I have, say we beat Stoke, we then have a big home game that could take us close to 18th. We're then seen on TV booing our defender (not related but it's going to happen) then we all walk out at a possible pivotal point of the game. We could be inadvertently hindering our cause here and looking stupid in the process.

Just now, Wainy316 said:

then we all walk out at a possible pivotal point of the game

we could lose 6-0 to stoke at the weekend and then be 0-1 down vs everton and a good % of those that say they will walk out wont, thats the reality of this protest IMO, unless we are >0-1 by the 74th minute then people will stay, if we are 0-2 but everton letting us having the ball with the usual never actually looking like scoring, then people will stay

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Thanks I'll have a look.

Another concern I have, say we beat Stoke, we then have a big home game that could take us close to 18th. We're then seen on TV booing our defender (not related but it's going to happen) then we all walk out at a possible pivotal point of the game. We could be inadvertently hindering our cause here and looking stupid in the process.

Risks such as this will need to be taken at some point, the alternative is to wither and die without so much as a whimper. Hypothetically he could announce a sale tomorrow.

26 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

This isn’t about us simply reacting to suddenly being shit. We have been shit for six years and as a fan base done absolutely nothing aside from chanting for numerous managers to be sacked and made to be another scapegoat.

-- Snip --

Hope you don't mind me quoting you, mate?

http://outthedooron74.co.uk/this-isnt-about-us-simply-reacting-to-suddenly-being-awful

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Do we know what Facebook group @rjw63 was referring to two pages ago? We might need to do some putting out of fires. It's best not to leave too many dismissive comments unanswered for too long. 

it was here: https://www.facebook.com/IrishVilliansAvfc/?fref=nf

On 20 February 2016 at 21:40, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What if we're not "actually" relegated? Then it will be "back the team while they fight relegation" all over again. When does it end?

No. This club CANNOT and WILL NOT go on like this. I've had enough, this club is rotten to the core. So whilst you are free to express yourself however you see fit it's out the door on 74 for me.

Even if I'm on my own...

So what is it you aim to achieve? Lerner to sell?? Fox out? Hollis out? To achieve anything you need an objective and as far as I can see there isn't one apart from trying to tell the board you're not happy! No ones happy. If the club is rotten to the core the only way that'll change is with a new owner and Lerner has been trying to sell for a couple of years. I think trying to staying up is the biggest priority at the minute once that's gone let those know in charge what we think of them. "You're not fit to run our club" sang by 40000 people would have a bigger affect IMO than a walk out copied from Liverpool which got media attention as it affected all supporters nationwide. 

39 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm not trying to be flattering if I say @markavfc40 is the best communicator on this website - it would be good for us all to take note of the ideas expressed in that comment, for future comments elsewhere. 

I completely agree. 

5 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

So what is it you aim to achieve? Lerner to sell?? Fox out? Hollis out? To achieve anything you need an objective and as far as I can see there isn't one apart from trying to tell the board you're not happy! No ones happy. If the club is rotten to the core the only way that'll change is with a new owner and Lerner has been trying to sell for a couple of years. I think trying to staying up is the biggest priority at the minute once that's gone let those know in charge what we think of them. "You're not fit to run our club" sang by 40000 people would have a bigger affect IMO than a walk out copied from Liverpool which got media attention as it affected all supporters nationwide. 

http://outthedooron74.co.uk/

Its not for me to speak on such matters but I think I'm right in saying that the organizers of the Doug out, campaigns, received a lot of abuse for their efforts, to the extent where they've said they would never do it again.

There are always a group of fans that will criticise anything and everything anyone wants to do when it comes to some form of protest. They moan and groan on social media and to their mates at work and down the pub but ultimately they are too apathetic to get off their lazy arses and do anything remotely useful.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â