Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

This shouldn't need help from the MODS just a little respect shown to those who have actually been pro active in getting something up and running by not derailing the thread.

If anyone as any other ideas start a thread or start a generic thread where any ideas can be posted. Likewise I suggest if you won't be taking part in this protest then don't derail it by criticizing those who are. It would be beneficial if this thread stayed totally on topic and to be able to focus solely on getting the word out about this protest. Mike, DK82, sexbelowsound and others have put a lot of time into this already and it is unfair to Mike in particular for him to keep having to ask that the thread be kept to focussing on positive action, and being pro active, in promoting out the door on 74.

Thanks Mark, DDID is also doing a lot behind the scenes and online. As is Chewie.

We still need people to help post #outthedooron74 #avfc via Twitter,

to post on other forums

to post via Villa FB pages

to push the FB page OutTheDooron74

We need to BLITZ this week. 

Has anyone got email addresses for major national newspaper journos? Or any other influencers - we want to do a press release

1 hour ago, MikeMcKenna said:

No disrespect guys, but if you want to do something different please start your own thread. We are 'doing' and getting on with this. All the counter ideas are just that 'ideas'.  

Ah right, sorry Mike. I just read the start of the thread and posted. Didn't realise that the idea had grown legs since.

On topic then, I'm not sure I completely understand what the protest is saying? It's a bit like the Two Bad Neighbours banner in the simpsons. Is it that the club was formed in '74 and we're doing a walk out when it's that time on the clock? Is it that Lerner has walked out on the club, and now we are walking out on him? An empty stadium for the last 15 minutes of the game could be pretty excellent, I would just like to know what the fans should tell the media when they're asked why they walked out at 74 minutes. 'We're just sick of Randy Lerner' is not a good enough reply imho. Is there a brief answer that can be given that sums the whole thing up and gives the nature of the protest a bit more legitimacy than, 'we saw the scousers do it'.

Is @limpid on board with the actual idea of this all? If we had a sub-forum dedicated to this cause it would make life a lot easier to get actionable stuff done. E:g a single thread in the sub forum for a list of PR emails. A thread specifically about video responses etc. A thread for chants. One for meet ups before the game, etc. Things are getting lost in this single thread quickly. 

@YLN The mission statement is being worked on, it'll go up on a dedicated site by tonight, all being well. 

Edited by Chewie

10 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Thanks Mark, DDID is also doing a lot behind the scenes and online. As is Chewie.

to post on other forums

Has anyone got email addresses for major national newspaper journos? Or any other influencers - we want to do a press release

Don't know about email addresses, but a lot of journos will be on Twitter and are quite responsive.

The local ones, plus Alan Nixon will be easy to engage plus I've updated Richard Keys over here in the Mid East. If you have a press release I'm happy to do my bit to get it circulated if that helps mate?

14 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

to post on other forums

Out of interest Mike, what has the response from people like Howard Hodgson, or the MOMS site been like?

on another note to go along with the walkout maybe when the clock hits 18 a large boo could ring around the stadium or a chant against the board. Would probably encourage more people on the later walkout at 74

2007 Signed Salifou

2008 Fitzgerald quit which was a big enough thing for me

2009 2nd in table we sign Emile Heskey, Gareth Barry leaves the beginning of the downfall

2010 we hired Faulkner would be a big one

48 minutes ago, Chewie said:

Is @limpid on board with the actual idea of this all? If we had a sub-forum dedicated to this cause it would make life a lot easier to get actionable stuff done. E:g a single thread in the sub forum for a list of PR emails. A thread specifically about video responses etc. A thread for chants. One for meet ups before the game, etc. Things are getting lost in this single thread quickly.  

Thanks for thinking of me, but I don't represent VillaTalk. VillaTalk is all of it's posters, not just those that agree with the protest. There's nothing stopping you creating additional threads but I don't think there's enough activity in this thread to justify that (yet). If there is a need for multiple threads, I'll move them into a separate forum.

However, I'll add this to the thread:

Please only use this topic to discuss the protest described in the OP. Posts about what protest you'd like instead do not go in this thread. Trying to take this thread off topic will result in a warning.

Excellent work guys, just wanted to say well done with the leg work and well done for taking some proactive action. Anyone can say 'let's do x or y' but it takes motivated people to push an idea like this.

I won't be at the Everton game, and I'm not sure how my skills are transferable to help in this but happy to help if there's anything I can do. With that in mind perhaps it would be handy nearer the game to have a new thread (which could be pinned breifly perhaps) telling those supporters who are at the game exactly what to do, and those who aren't exactly what they can do to help just to unify and focus the approach?

Anyway, just ignore me if that's already been thought of! Well done again guys, keep it up.

• Like 1

@sexbelowsound

For the opening lines of the mission statement, can you work with...

We the fans, the heart of the club, have been fed a false narrative time and again over the last 6 years.  Despite the words we have no confidence that they have the ability to take this grand institution forward. This infographic shows that the bright future we were promised is close to culminating into the downfall of Aston Villa into a Championship team.

Join us in protest against the board in a walkout on the 74th minute against Everton, and then against Chelsea at Villa Park.

Then at the bottom left #OutTheDoorOn74 hashtag, on the right the website address.

Thanks

• Like 1

Just now, Chewie said:

@sexbelowsound

For the opening lines of the mission statement, can you work with...

We the fans, the heart of the club, have been fed a false narrative time and again over the last 6 years.  Despite the words we have no confidence that they have the ability to take this grand institution forward. This infographic shows that the bright future we were promised is close to culminating into the downfall of Aston Villa into a Championship team.

Join us in protest against the board in a walkout on the 74th minute against Everton, and then against Chelsea at Villa Park.

Then at the bottom left #OutTheDoorOn74 hashtag, on the right the website address.

Thanks

Yep. No problem.

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Excellent work guys, just wanted to say well done with the leg work and well done for taking some proactive action. Anyone can say 'let's do x or y' but it takes motivated people to push an idea like this.

I won't be at the Everton game, and I'm not sure how my skills are transferable to help in this but happy to help if there's anything I can do. With that in mind perhaps it would be handy nearer the game to have a new thread (which could be pinned breifly perhaps) telling those supporters who are at the game exactly what to do, and those who aren't exactly what they can do to help just to unify and focus the approach?

Anyway, just ignore me if that's already been thought of! Well done again guys, keep it up.

PM Mike if you want to help in some capacity, even if it's just to show your support. I know he's away this afternoon but it will be appreciated I assure you.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I've knocked together a very quick infographic for the website but need some help with the timeline. At the moment its just generic events but I need specifics and facts to replace the current information. Any helpers?

Oh, and feel free to critique. At the top I thought it could either have info about the protest or a brief summary of the current issues. 

The title doesn't need to stay the same either.

AVFC_Infographic.jpg

Good stuff but the typos need sorting...O'Leary and O'Neill spelt incorrectly, and Darren Bent "singing".

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â