Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

1 minute ago, DK82 said:

People won't just suddenly decide to give up spending money, without a cause/movement to believe in.

True, so let's start and give them a reason too.

Before long these remaining people still insisting giving their hard earned cash for this pollution to continue will be in the minority!

Would you keep paying a guy to constantly **** your Missus behind your back but convince yourself it will be okay in a hope the guy will get bored?

20 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

A boycott is achievable right away if WE ALL STOP GIVING MONEY TO THE CLUB in any way shape or form!

That is the best start we can do straight away without any publicity needed whatsoever on that front.

**** baby steps. Why do tomorrow what can be done straight away!

As I've said many times. Season ticket holders have already paid their tickets so a full boycott won't happen.

By leaving on 74 it at least gives everyone a chance to do something.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

True, so let's start and give them a reason too.

Before long these remaining people still insisting giving their hard earned cash for this pollution to continue will be in the minority!

Would you keep paying a guy to constantly **** your Missus behind your back but convince yourself it will be okay in a hope the guy will get bored?

I stopped giving money a month or two back. Others can't. It's a drug. Best way to get people off that drug is giving them something that shows we can stop the rot and the best step towards that is showing thousands feel the same just by walking out.

People who go week in, week out, won't wake up one Saturday and think, 'Bob said don't spend money, great idea', they need to see there is something there - people willing to take charge and lead forwards to create change. Give them real reason to get behind this and then the next step to hit the board even harder, and harder, and even harder.

Edited by DK82

14 minutes ago, DK82 said:

People won't just suddenly decide to give up spending money, without a cause/movement to believe in.

Having not missed a game for 8 years, League, Cups or friendlies 

The day we appointed Mcduff was the end, I have not stepped foot into Villa Park since we beat Liverpool on the final game of the season before or even bought such a thing as a calendar. 

I have withdrawn all financial support towards the Lerner trust. Yeah I Still go away as Lerner don't get a penny of that money and yeah it hurts like **** but I'm not going back on my word.

Said back then i won't be stepping foot into villa park until Lerner has been removed!

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I stopped giving money a month or two back. Others can't. It's a drug. Best way to get people off that drug is giving them something that shows we can stop the rot and the best step towards that is showing thousands feel the same just by walking out.

People who go week in, week out, won't wake up one Saturday and think, 'Bob said don't spend money, great idea', they need to see there is something there - people willing to take charge and lead forwards to create change. Give them real reason to get behind this and then the next Sep to hit the board Ren harder, then harder, and even harder.

All I can suggest is that if these 'insistant' paying customers need a reason to stop parting with their cash then they must be blind!

Anyone and their brother can see what a circus we have become - on and off the pitch, yet you claim people still need convincing.

I call it deluded!

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

As I've said many times. Season ticket holders have already paid their tickets so a full boycott won't happen.

By leaving on 74 it at least gives everyone a chance to do something.

This is not referring to ST holders, their money has already parted long ago and nothing we can do about that, granted.

But those of us who are not ST holders anymore and others alike, moving forward.

I do agree, that those that are in the stadium on match days having already committed to a ST can still make a difference on a match day. But why the 74th minute?

I would say we walk out on 19 minutes and 14 seconds. It still equals 18 minutes and 74 seconds (1874)

- I sat up all night working that one out.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

4 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Having not missed a game for 8 years, League, Cups or friendlies 

The day we appointed Mcduff was the end, I have not stepped foot into Villa Park since we beat Liverpool on the final game of the season before or even bought such a thing as a calendar. 

I have withdrawn all financial support towards the Lerner trust. Yeah I Still go away as Lerner don't get a penny of that money and yeah it hurts like **** but I'm not going back on my word.

Said back then i won't be stepping foot into villa park until Lerner has been removed!

I used to go 12-15 times per season. Two years ago that was down to 5, and now zero. I won't buy any official merchandise and I'm not spending a single penny till Lerner goes. I am putting aside £20 per month which will all be spent at Villa Park once he has gone.

I last held a ST at Villa until MON was in charge, when he left so did I.

In that time since then only 2 shirts for my young daughter have been purchased and that is it.

NOT A SINGLE PENNY TO THIS CLUB WILL PART MY HANDS UNTIL LERNER AND HIS CIRCUS HAVE LEFT FOR GOOD!

Edited by AvfcRigo82

I don't like the idea of a walkout. The Liverpool one was to show what football grounds would be like without fans. This is to show that Lerner is destroying the club, but we're also doing the walkout protest. Why can't we come up with something of our own? 

Randy Lerner has made us into the laughing stock of the Premier League. I think we should return the favour. Flood the ground and the media with flyers and chants and flags about how Randy Lerner is a daddy's boy who ran his father's fortune into the ground with his own incompetence and stupidity. A total boob. An absolute idiot. Let's embarrass him in front of all his billionaire friends. Potentially an image of Randy with moths flying out of his pockets looking stupid with Al Lerner looking down from heaven with his head in his hands. Lerner would really hate that. Maybe both McGregor and Al Lerner looking down from heaven with their heads in their hands, or generally looking quite glum. Caption reads, 'Villa are an embarrassment to McGregor. You're an embarrassment to your dad'

7 minutes ago, YLN said:

I don't like the idea of a walkout. The Liverpool one was to show what football grounds would be like without fans. This is to show that Lerner is destroying the club, but we're also doing the walkout protest. Why can't we come up with something of our own? 

Exactly!

I like the idea of no one turning up to enter the ground whatsoever, but to lay black roses all round Villa Park against the walls of the stadium/steps and the half of the 'proud history' scarfs laying at the foot of the McGregor statue.

LERNER HAS KILLED OUR CLUB - WE 'THE CUSTOMERS' ARE SIMPLY NOW MOURNING THE LOSS!

Edited by AvfcRigo82

No disrespect guys, but if you want to do something different please start your own thread. We are 'doing' and getting on with this. All the counter ideas are just that 'ideas'.  

Fair enough if you disagree with what we are doing but many others do agree but less vocal.

However the naysayers tend to be the loudest who try to circumvent the actions of others. It's just a distraction, please start your own thread. 

MODS any chance of any help keeping this thread on topic? 

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 2

Can any of you clever folk who have a dab hand at this photo shop tool mock up a picture of the entrance of the holte end/steps with thousands of black roses and reefs covering the steps/entrances etc. and a big white banner draped across the mosaic villa badge area reading 'RIP - Resisted in Improvement Practices'..

Once we all agree what mock up looks good, email it across to every news tabloid there is!..

or any other suggestions & ideas on this.

If we had one we could just Nuke Lerner. Untill we can afford one we'll just have to fire at him as many different bullets as we have.

Chants, banners, flyers, walk outs, flooding the media, social media & Board email accounts.....

you name it

Everything, the kitchen sink & his dog

Don't stop till he's had enough

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Can any of you clever folk who have a dab hand at this photo shop tool mock up a picture of the entrance of the holte end/steps with thousands of black roses and reefs covering the steps/entrances etc. and a big white banner draped across the mosaic villa badge area reading 'RIP - Resisted in Improvement Practices'..

Once we all agree what mock up looks good, email it across to every news tabloid there is!..

or any other suggestions & ideas on this.

AvfcRigo82 - please start your own thread 'Out the Door on 74' is nothing to do with what you want to do. 

Edited by MikeMcKenna

Mike, is there any reason why this all cannot all form as one collective argument, everyone is after the same goal.

I agree with what you are trying to achieve but I am in the camp trying to get my head around what will be achieved by it.

Am I in here slanting it or ripping it to pieces, kind of. But improvement doesn't happen without criticism and opinions my friend.

2 Groups of fans, 1 Goal  - Make Lerner Surrender!

It won't work if we get a good result at stoke, something we all want, if that were to happen a walk out during the Everton game would be seen as counterproductive by most fans, regardless of whatever the protest may aimed at. 

It'll actually probably have more of an effect. I understand the point of support the team, they've had it all season and done the sum of sod all with it. Now is the time to act as a fan base, however that maybe. They've all given up down there, and they're even admitting it in words and actions. It's completely unacceptable.

• Like 1

I said this in another thread and I think its a good idear so I will repeat it here.

A pitch invasion gets the media attention ( remember our FA cup game last season ) so I suggest.When the players are shaking hands before the start of the game, supporters walk onto the pitch carrying banners showing our feelings of the present board.  

Just now, PussEKatt said:

I said this in another thread and I think its a good idear so I will repeat it here.

A pitch invasion gets the media attention ( remember our FA cup game last season ) so I suggest.When the players are shaking hands before the start of the game, supporters walk onto the pitch carrying banners showing our feelings of the present board.  

I disagree. Apitch invasion throws the impetus (right word?) Straight back to the club. Mikes initiative gives our frustration some real depth, without seeming to disrespect the one thing that unites us.

33 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Mike, is there any reason why this all cannot all form as one collective argument, everyone is after the same goal.

I agree with what you are trying to achieve but I am in the camp trying to get my head around what will be achieved by it.

Am I in here slanting it or ripping it to pieces, kind of. But improvement doesn't happen without criticism and opinions my friend.

2 Groups of fans, 1 Goal  - Make Lerner Surrender!

Look at the OP title: 'Out the door on 74' - it doesn't say "Any ideas for protests?" 

If people want to start other threads talking about other ideas, fine, but this isn't the place - give us a break and allow people to use this thread to talk about THIS protest. Whether individuals agree or not we have actually started this rolling and put quite of effort into it. 

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

As I said earlier, this thread isn't about other ideas for protests. If you want to organise something different, please start your thread. Respect to anyone doesn't agree or wants to do something different but we have put a lot of time into this and have gained some momentum. 

MODS any chance of help keep this thread on topic.

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

As I said earlier, this thread isn't about other ideas for protests. If you want to organise something different, please start your thread. Respect to anyone doesn't agree or wants to do something different but we have put a lot of time into this and have gained some momentum. 

MODS any chance of help keep this thread on topic.

This shouldn't need help from the MODS just a little respect shown to those who have actually been pro active in getting something up and running by not derailing the thread.

If anyone as any other ideas start a thread or start a generic thread where any ideas can be posted. Likewise I suggest if you won't be taking part in this protest then don't derail it by criticizing those who are. It would be beneficial if this thread stayed totally on topic and to be able to focus solely on getting the word out about this protest. Mike, DK82, sexbelowsound and others have put a lot of time into this already and it is unfair to Mike in particular for him to keep having to ask that the thread be kept to focussing on positive action, and being pro active, in promoting out the door on 74.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â