Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

You need to put more info on what it is.. Ie time date why, so that others can see what it is.

Working on it. As this is public I wanted to lock it all down before it gets hijacked by blose fans etc.

Don't shoot me!!!

Out in 74, walk out the door........with McGregor, we founded the league, we started it all

Out in 74, walk out the door........we won the league, we conquered Europe, we won it all

Out in 74, walk out the door........your killing our club, you’ve got to go, we say no more

To be honest, I don't think it matters what the chanting is . . . the words aren't the most important thing. The important thing is to make a din for the ten minutes before the walk-out (regardless of what's happening on the pitch, even if Everton score) so that there's an audible difference before and after. 

• Like 2

If anybody else can help manage social media let me know. I can add you to the tweetdeck list, or once you like the facebook page, send me your email and i'll add you to contribute there - as long as Mike is cool with that. We need to make sure hashtags are used at all times and we tag media in things we do. 

40 minutes ago, DK82 said:

If anybody else can help manage social media let me know. I can add you to the tweetdeck list, or once you like the facebook page, send me your email and i'll add you to contribute there - as long as Mike is cool with that. We need to make sure hashtags are used at all times and we tag media in things we do. 

Fine by me Den, the more the merrier!

There are a lot of savvy web oriented people on VT, we need them to help in any way possible

Mike, excellent work.

I'm fully behind you and shall be coming to one or both of the games to join in.

However, can I offer one point of constructive criticism?

I'm still struggling to see the message. Whilst I fully support you, I think you need a really string message for this to be a real success. I thought you came across very well and very passionate on Radio WM, but when you were asked "What do you want", I felt like you didn't really have a clear message to give the presenter, which he sort of pounced on.

I completely agree something needs to be done, I think this is a great idea and I'm fully backing you. But for this to be a real success I think everybody needs to have that message shoved down their throats at every opportunity. It needs to be more than "We're not happy".

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Mike, excellent work.

I'm fully behind you and shall be coming to one or both of the games to join in.

I'm still struggling to see the message. Whilst I fully support you, I think you need a really string message for this to be a real success. I thought you came across very well and very passionate on Radio WM, but when you were asked "What do you want", I felt like you didn't really have a clear message to give the presenter, which he sort of pounced on.

I completely agree something needs to be done, I think this is a great idea and I'm fully backing you. But for this to be a real success I think everybody needs to have that message shoved down their throats at every opportunity. It needs to be more than "We're not happy".

Thanks Steve. I agree and It is difficult to articulate "what we want" - I am sure all fans want the board to reverse the investment strategies that have led to the our decline. My regret in the interview was that I was unable to forcefully respond the "what do you want" question, but I did say we wanted the club to reverse this investment strategies. 

We are currently stuck in limbo - we know we are going down and that the current strategies have not worked. If the carry on in the same fashion we will probably not get back up again. 

I would appreciate any advice on this. First and foremost the objectives of the walk outs are to send a message to the board that Villa fans can unite to express their disgust. I was asked what would make me smile in the interview and nearly said "If I was told Randy Lerner had sold the club to someone who cared" I also thought about "If Fox was fired" but I didn't think there was any point in saying either as they are not going to happen and in the short term neither comment was constructive. 

Facing relegation nothing is going to 'make me smile' but a statement of intent from the board that clearly states that the investment strategy was wrong, that they will invest and fight to get the club back into the Premier League and that they guarantee to back the manager (whoever that is) would be a start. But how do you articulate this in a succinct way? 

If momentum can be gained via the walkouts we can organize other impactful protests, - don't know what yet but they have to achievable. As regards a response/statement from the club, I think it is more likely that they will throw me out, when I go via Everton! People keep telling me that the club knows how unhappy the fans are, but where is the evidence that they are thinking differently?

If the board realize that this could snowball and become a much bigger thing, they may take a different line. At the moment the fans are see as the enemy!

Ultimately I haven't much of a clue. I am just an ordinary fan that maybe foolishly decided to stick his neck out. I will probably regret doing so, but for now must keep going. 

It would help if others could also stick their necks out, even if only a tiny bit. From little acorns.........

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Mike, excellent work.

I'm speaking for myself here. First up we need to get the board to communicate with us. We have just this week heard about people losing their jobs and being sent home at half time. That to me is something we'd like answers to. Why no spend in January too - obviously we are in a bad place in the league, but once again it is a case of failing to plan/planning to fail. There is something quite poisonous about the club and it has been the case for a while. We need to get the board to listen and to stop them from making mistakes time and time again. Whilst most of us understand that football is a business, it is one whose foundations are build on the pitch and not just on shrinking expenditure to try and find the smallest profit margin possible. It'll be almost impossible to have a club profitable if we are going to be falling through the leagues - that is something where the club have been quite naive. Everything they have done over the past 5 years leads to where we are now and we still have no answers and no idea. I'd also like to know what brief Hollis has been given by Lerner, but we won't be told because I believe we won't like it. Oh and a final point, I would also like to know why there has been an almost complete shut down from the club to media over the past 12/18 months and why they felt this was the best way to 'sell the club'.

Bit of a ramble but my thoughts on what I want to know.

3 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Haha Mark - no I will nearly be on the M6 south by the time the final whistle goes. Never walked out early in my life and think it so bad to have reached this point

Is there a plan for what we do having walked out ?

I've stopped going but will go inorder to walk out, but then what ? If we all just go home it's a missed opportunity surely ? And I know personally if I'm spending over £50 to protest I'd like to protest as much as possible.

In addition, in the short term, a few thousand of the most vocal and active fans leaving makes it easier for the Board and players come home time.

We ought to mass in an area that prevents players, the Board, and any followers, leaving. A picket in fact.

If you believe Top Gear ;) West Midlands were famous for their strikes, at least in the 70's and 80's.

Must be some Villa fans out there from that time who know what to do and how to cause a ruckus?

16 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Is there a plan for what we do having walked out ?

I've stopped going but will go inorder to walk out, but then what ? If we all just go home it's a missed opportunity surely ? And I know personally if I'm spending over £50 to protest I'd like to protest as much as possible.

In addition, in the short term, a few thousand of the most vocal and active fans leaving makes it easier for the Board and players come home time.

We ought to mass in an area that prevents players, the Board, and any followers, leaving. A picket in fact.

This is a very interesting idea. As much as I support walk out I feel this club deserves a much more nuclear option. A picket against Chelsea would be great if it either severely delayed the game, or even prevented it from happening (thus we forfeit). That would definitely create a huge impact. 

1 hour ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Thanks Steve. I agree and It is difficult to articulate "what we want" - I am sure all fans want the board to reverse the investment strategies that have led to the our decline. My regret in the interview was that I was unable to forcefully respond the "what do you want" question, but I did say we wanted the club to reverse this investment strategies. 

We are currently stuck in limbo - we know we are going down and that the current strategies have not worked. If the carry on in the same fashion we will probably not get back up again. 

I would appreciate any advice on this. First and foremost the objectives of the walk outs are to send a message to the board that Villa fans can unite to express their disgust. I was asked what would make me smile in the interview and nearly said "If I was told Randy Lerner had sold the club to someone who cared" I also thought about "If Fox was fired" but I didn't think there was any point in saying either as they are not going to happen and in the short term neither comment was constructive. 

Facing relegation nothing is going to 'make me smile' but a statement of intent from the board that clearly states that the investment strategy was wrong, that they will invest and fight to get the club back into the Premier League and that they guarantee to back the manager (whoever that is) would be a start. But how do you articulate this in a succinct way? 

If momentum can be gained via the walkouts we can organize other impactful protests, - don't know what yet but they have to achievable. As regards a response/statement from the club, I think it is more likely that they will throw me out, when I go via Everton! People keep telling me that the club knows how unhappy the fans are, but where is the evidence that they are thinking differently?

If the board realize that this could snowball and become a much bigger thing, they may take a different line. At the moment the fans are see as the enemy!

Ultimately I haven't much of a clue. I am just an ordinary fan that maybe foolishly decided to stick his neck out. I will probably regret doing so, but for now must keep going. 

It would help if others could also stick their necks out, even if only a tiny bit. From little acorns.........

I agree with Stevo, but hey your comments were commendable and brave....and you deserve all the praise.

There does need to be a clear objective, but there is so many years of pent up frustration there is a tendency for any one of us to go in to war & peace.

Today, we have many more options open to us, than we did years ago. I believe a sustainable drip, drip constant barrage of defined complaint will be enough for them to see us as mosquito's and will have to address us, as their revenue streams will be effected.....I am not going to pee on anyone's chips when every suggestion has merit, but a walkout, as effective as it is and newsworthy is tomorrow's chip paper.

We need to be a fly on their a***.

There is an enviable skill base on here to be a b***** nuisance to them.

so back to,what do we want............

A clear defined coherent plan of how we can reverse this current demise and return to an aspirational process of returning the club/ team to a semblance of professionalism with a structured road map with key indicators of progress developed to record & monitor.......periodic reviews that can be reported that are in lay mans terms.

In short a blue print of a return to decency.

The chant needs to be short and sweet..............."We want our Villa Back"

Edited by TRO

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â