Keinan Davis

a-k

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Honestly one of my favourite players just for the lore alone. From being a barber to being an early catalyst in Villa's rise, to being a big part in Forest's return to the PL, to keeping up Udinese. All while never being fit and barely scoring any goals.

Stuff of legend.

So pleased for the bloke. There was a moment when he burst onto the scene in the championship when he was being linked to United etc.

But after all of the ups and downs, you have to admit: when he struck the ball, this is the face of a man who doesn't score many goals... 

Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 12.32.13.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 27/05/2024 at 05:11, Keyblade said:

From being a barber to being an early catalyst in Villa's rise,

When did this happen? (not the barber bit).

Did he even score any goals for Villa?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ender4 said:

When did this happen? (not the barber bit).

Did he even score any goals for Villa?

If he didn't come into the team in early 17/18, I maintain we wouldn't have mounted a promotion charge that season. We were awful starting with Hogan up front, and was looking like Bruce was going to be sacked.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If he didn't come into the team in early 17/18, I maintain we wouldn't have mounted a promotion charge that season. We were awful starting with Hogan up front, and was looking like Bruce was going to be sacked.

I’ve said it before but his debut against Norwich was one of the best I’ve ever seen and filled me with such hope for him! Naturally, he didn’t score in the match but was a constant menace and handful for the Norwich defence, something that continued into his next few appearances.

I really do think the difference between Keinan Davis as-is and Keinan Davis being a big name player in the PL is simply injury, he has the tools to be unplayable.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’ve said it before but his debut against Norwich was one of the best I’ve ever seen and filled me with such hope for him! Naturally, he didn’t score in the match but was a constant menace and handful for the Norwich defence, something that continued into his next few appearances.

I really do think the difference between Keinan Davis as-is and Keinan Davis being a big name player in the PL is simply injury, he has the tools to be unplayable.

He just destroyed an entire defence for 90 mins without scoring, it was ridiculous. Missed a couple of sitters too, classic Keinan. I couldn't believe what I was watching. Even with his limited appearances, I think he's up there with Benteke for the best hold up player I've seen at the club.

• Like 2

He'd 100% be a Premier League player if not for injuries. If only Forest signed him when he helped promote them, he was fantastic there and earnt his chance. 

He still has time if his body somehow doesn't let him down. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Unfortunately, I always got the impression he was coached into a type of player that doesn't really exist any more in the Prem. If you needed a player to bully defences, flick the ball on, hold it up, he was decent. How many teams these days have that type of player any more? It's very rare.

Shame, liked the bloke a lot, but sometimes in football you gotta score goals, as the old saying goes.

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He's not injured! 😱

Great player,  terrible striker (although might have been working on his finishing based on that goal). Injury killed his career

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

He was like a regen of Emile Heskey

Emile Heskey had a brilliant career with over 100 premier league goals

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Emile Heskey had a brilliant career with over 100 premier league goals

His finishing was still terrible.  100 goals in what, 600 games? His hold up play was decent but his career played out better than he was in my opinion.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â