Keinan Davis

a-k

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

He tore it up at Forest and they wasn't interested.

I can't see this move being any different.

As others have suggested, if he can go the majority of this season without a substantial injury and score, say, 15 goals across the season with everything else he brings to a side then they will be interested. 

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Well yes , on the basis that every single Forest fan I've spoke to or seen online claim he changed their season and was absolutely sensational.

They must be absolutely furious with management for not converting his loan into a permanent transfer then. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

They must be absolutely furious with management for not converting his loan into a permanent transfer then. 

https://www.forestforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/keinan-vincent-joseph-davis.49877/page-47

There you go.

General consensus I've heard previously is we priced him out of a move - I'm sure this move to Watford is in the hope he rips it up again over a full season and our asking price is met.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 3

Whenever I watched Forest he was very good for them, just before he joined some on here were doubting he would be a starter, but he was straight into the team and did well, so much so that despite him missing the end of the season he was still straight back into the starting line-up in the play-offs.

I think the reason for Forest not signing him is probably more complicated and nuanced than whether they rate him or not, they clearly do rate him, but had other considerations to factor in given that their whole squad needed rebuilding for this campaign, also his injury record would have played a big part in their decision.

On his record last season it was actually five goals and two assists in fifteen championship games, Archer scored only two more goals than that and he played five more games, Davis actually had the better goals to minutes ratio in the championship last season, so it's not even as if his G&A record was poor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

must sting him a bit seeing Dennis head to Forest for 20 mil where as he is going to Watford as the replacement yet they seemingly don't want to fork out half that for him....just hope it works out for him at Watford so he can have some certainty in his career. Edwards seems like quite a good coach tbf so i reckon he will get a lot of opportunities to impact games.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, useless said:

Whenever I watched Forest he was very good for them, just before he joined some on here were doubting he would be a starter, but he was straight into the team and did well, so much so that despite him missing the end of the season he was still straight back into the starting line-up in the play-offs.

I think the reason for Forest not signing him is probably more complicated and nuanced than whether they rate him or not, they clearly do rate him, but had other considerations to factor in given that their whole squad needed rebuilding for this campaign, also his injury record would have played a big part in their decision.

On his record last season it was actually five goals and two assists in fifteen championship games, Archer scored only two more goals than that and he played five more games, Davis actually had the better goals to minutes ratio in the championship last season, so it's not even as if his G&A record was poor.

Superb post 👏

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

https://www.forestforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/keinan-vincent-joseph-davis.49877/page-47

There you go.

General consensus I've heard previously is we priced him out of a move - I'm sure this move to Watford is in the hope he rips it up again over a full season and our asking price is met.

In January we’d surely have been happy to sell for £4m or £5m, rumours in June were that we were looking for around £15m! I know Bournemouth shafted us in similar circumstances with Mings, maybe there were still too many questions over Keinan’s ability in the PL or his injury record, but for whatever reason Forest have held firm and we’ve been made to look a bit silly holding on to a player we don’t actually want and have settled for another cheap loan instead of capturing a reasonable fee.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

But he is!

Depends what you call dross, he isnt Premier League quality but he is Championship level which would still make him a player at one of the best 44 teams in England. If he was dross he would be playing in the local pub team or the SPL 

Is a lot worse players in football than Keinan

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Depends what you call dross, he isnt Premier League quality but he is Championship level which would still make him a player at one of the best 44 teams in England. If he was dross he would be playing in the local pub team or the SPL 

Is a lot worse players in football than Keinan

When I say dross, obviously he’s better than you and me but in the context he’s not a PL level player.  So in that regards you are right but the context when we are talking dross is always about the level of the PL.  

when people talk so negatively about the likes of El Ghazi and Trez it wasn’t because they weren’t great footballers in comparison to the average person but the context must be assumed on these forums of PL.  it’s like when somebody says something, people reply “in your opinion”….well obviously it’s a forum.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

I mean we're not getting philosophical about what dross means and how you quantify it on a global scale 🙄

He's dross in a Villa context. Unfortunately for those who want him to be good, we're a premier league club, and he is nowhere near good enough for the premier league. It says it all that he can't even make it near the bench in a team that couldn't hit a barn door with a **** banjo, let alone the back of the net.

So yeah. He's dross.

• Like 1

Â