Keinan Davis

a-k

Maybe if Villa had a strategy to just avoid relegation and finish each season somewhere between 12th and 17th there might be merit in keeping Davis. But our goal is Europe and Champions League football. This is clearly evidenced by the actions of the owners and Purslow. The talk is to keep Davis on our books and give him another year on loan to improve. At the start of the 23/24 season Ollie and Ings will. be worried about getting in the Villa squad unless they have stellar seasons this year. There is absolutely no chance Davis will be anywhere near a Villa team sheet in the 23/24 season 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He just wasn’t

It’s OK to think a player isn’t good enough, but to dismiss the things he did well is just weird.

He’ll have no problem linking up play in the Premier League. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It’s OK to think a player isn’t good enough, but to dismiss the things he did well is just weird.

He’ll have no problem linking up play in the Premier League. 

No that wasn’t what I reacted to.  

The comment was he was pretty good at holding up the ball in the PL for us.  That isn’t true!  

He may have really good ability at holding up the ball but he never did it for us “pretty well”.  If he did he would’ve got more minutes when he wasn’t injured than he did.  Yes he had moments but in the games he played for in the PL you can’t say he did it pretty well.

He certainly has holding up ability, we just never saw enough of it for us when he played.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think we have to understand the projects pathway........We need players with and abundance of attributes, not just a few.

Consistency does not come from players, with just a few good things going on.....it comes from near complete players.

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No that wasn’t what I reacted to.  

The comment was he was pretty good at holding up the ball in the PL for us.  That isn’t true!  

He may have really good ability at holding up the ball but he never did it for us “pretty well”.  If he did he would’ve got more minutes when he wasn’t injured than he did.  Yes he had moments but in the games he played for in the PL you can’t say he did it pretty well.

He certainly has holding up ability, we just never saw enough of it for us when he played.

He did it very well. Not sure who you were watching tbh mate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

He did it very well. Not sure who you were watching tbh mate.

Nah, it’s just not true.  If it was true he would’ve got more game time yet didn’t.  We don’t agree obviously but makes no difference, he’s not likely to be a Villa player much longer!

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Baffling how anyone could think Davis didn't hold it up/contribute positively for us.

So apart from a load of fans on here, also Dean Smith and Gerrard given he doesn’t play for us, has been loaned out and likely to be sold now.  If he contributed positivity for us why is not in the Villa squad, why was he never played for material minutes….just bizarre to think he was any more than a squad filler for a long time.

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Baffling how anyone could think Davis didn't hold it up/contribute positively for us.

You know how every thread has their characters, which won't budge, and have a fixed view regardless of anything? ( Us included to be fair in respective threads )

This is historically Nick's one. So there is no point in trying mate.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You know how every thread has their characters, which won't budge, and have a fixed view regardless of anything? ( Us included to be fair in respective threads )

This is historically Nick's one. So there is no point in trying mate.

Yeah but I’m not alone in thinking this, many many others have voiced the same thing, I’m just the loudest 😂 Also if you look in thread most think he should be sold, if he offered all that is been said we won’t be selling him and definitely not for the £5-15m being quoted.

Just now, nick76 said:

Yeah but I’m not alone in thinking this, many many others have voiced the same thing, I’m just the loudest 😂 Also if you look in thread most think he should be sold, if he offered all that is been said we won’t be selling him and definitely not for the £5-15m being quoted.

Lol I know it's defo not you alone.

However at this point, you're 100 percent the Chairman 😂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol I know it's defo not you alone.

However at this point, you're 100 percent the Chairman 😂

I’ll be Chairman as long as I get a corner office with a view 😉😂

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So apart from a load of fans on here, also Dean Smith and Gerrard given he doesn’t play for us, has been loaned out and likely to be sold now.  If he contributed positivity for us why is not in the Villa squad, why was he never played for material minutes….just bizarre to think he was any more than a squad filler for a long time.

I think he spent more time injured than as a squad filler

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Davis won't even get on our substitute bench next season.  Most people on this forum start hyper-ventilating when anyone suggests playing 2 up front.  So assuming we play 1 up top and Davis plays there - where do we get any goals from?  Because JJ, McGinn, Couts and Emi2 sure ain't scoring 50 goals a season between them.  So if that means that we do need to play 2 up front that means dropping Coutinho or Emi2 and what is really baffling is how anyone can think that Davis has / will contribute more than either of them.  I find it strange that people are having such a heated debate about a player who is too old for the U23s and is highly unlikely to feature in our match day squad next season.  Sounds like he has done OK at Forest so hopefully they (or a team in the top half of the Championship) sign him permanently over the summer.

He can easily hold off PL defenders. Strength is not an issue for him.  Fancy footwork to find space to lay it off is also not a mile off. But he will definitely need to improve his first touch.

Most important of all though,  he needs to avoid injury. 

If he can do the above, he'll be a decent player for forest this year, whether he scores goals or not. Given his record for forest, I expect they'll be hoping he also scores a few.

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

He just was

I dont think he was that good in the Premier League but not terrible but he had limited minutes. I think I remember the Fulham game he came on and played well and scored vs West Brom

I like Davis and his attitude and he isnt the worst player ever BUT in the Premier League he needs to get goals with his attributes. Im not asking for 20 goals a season but he needs to get on the scoresheet a bit more

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â