Keinan Davis

a-k

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Not really that flabbergasting when you remember how desperate Barca were to get Coutinho's wages off their books.

I suppose that’s true but from a pure footballing ability exchanging one for the other in the squad while different positions is outstanding business for a summer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Slight correction 'Coutinho and Kamara'

It is unbelievable business by our transfer team. A step up from Drinkwater and Samatta 

Good point!

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

15m for davis, i would not only drive him there id treat him to big mac and fries on route

If you are anything like your photo I think he may prefer you to treat him to a Happy Meal

10m to 15m I would say is a bargain for forest, getting a strong powerful player who successfully fitted into their system.

From a villa point of view, again it makes perfect sense to sell for 15m, our academy will probably produce 1 or maybe 2 players per year able to step up into the 1st team squad and the majority will be loaned out and sold for profit ideally. Gone are the days of keeping players  23 or 24 years old that don't stand a chance of playing 1st team football for us.

Didn't purslow say something simular ? Like is by the time they are 20/ 21 and they are not close to 1st team they will be gone ? 

• Like 1

Fans suggesting £15m is a great deal know little about the game, this is the bare minimum we should be getting. He’s been key to getting them promoted. He is key to how Cooper wants his team to play. They know what he like as a person and character. You don’t get nothing for £15m nowadays. I know why don’t they go and sign some foreigner for £20m from some tinpot league in Europe ( does this ring a bell with our fans) who will most likely not work out for them. The flip side they could buy KD for the same money and get exactly what they need. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WHY said:

Fans suggesting £15m is a great deal know little about the game, this is the bare minimum we should be getting. He’s been key to getting them promoted. He is key to how Cooper wants his team to play. They know what he like as a person and character. You don’t get nothing for £15m nowadays. I know why don’t they go and sign some foreigner for £20m from some tinpot league in Europe ( does this ring a bell with our fans) who will most likely not work out for them. The flip side they could buy KD for the same money and get exactly what they need. 

Bones points to this… he has premier league experience too

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WHY said:

When do clubs do exactly what they need, it took us several summers to buy a DM.  If they can get a player from a foreign league, if we over charge them, they will.  While they’ll have all that money from promotion I don’t get the impression they’ll spend big and they have a number of positions to buy for given their loans.

Just now, sidcow said:

He's absolutely nailed on to run us ragged next season if Forest get him. 

at least we know he won’t score unlike other ex Villa players, that’s the upside!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

When do clubs do exactly what they need, it took us several summers to buy a DM.  If they can get a player from a foreign league, if we over charge them, they will.  While they’ll have all that money from promotion I don’t get the impression they’ll spend big and they have a number of positions to buy for given their loans.

If we had loaned one and he was brilliant for us and key to how we played, we would have already signed him. 

7 minutes ago, WHY said:

Fans suggesting that 15m is the bare minimum know little about negotiation and sales. Yes, you have to have the right product to sell and in the case of Forest and Davis the match is correct. However, if no other clubs are interested in Davis at a bare minimum of 20m then that weakens our position. If we could refuse 15m from Forest knowing that another club would pay 20m that would be great but there is no chance of that happening. Forest will know this and will negotiate accordingly 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WHY said:

If we had loaned one and he was brilliant for us and key to how we played, we would have already signed him. 

Tammy Abraham says hello!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

15m offer according to the Mirror

That’s not actually what it says. The Mirror is purely speculating that IF Nottingham would be interested in making an offer, Villa would maybe sell at £15m.

Can’t link the article or quote it as I’m on my mobile googling it.

Edited by ender4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

That’s not actually what it says. The Mirror is purely speculating that IF Nottingham would be interested in making an offer, Villa would maybe sell at £15m.

Can’t link the article or quote it as I’m on my mobile googling it.

What I read is that Villa has set the price for Davis at 15m. It is all just BS speculation. A minimum price a club set for a player will be ultra confidential between Purslow and Lange and Gerrard. It will not get leaked unless the club is trying to up the price with another bidder, and even then the actual minimum price that is leaked will likely be increased for the leak

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Fans suggesting that 15m is the bare minimum know little about negotiation and sales. Yes, you have to have the right product to sell and in the case of Forest and Davis the match is correct. However, if no other clubs are interested in Davis at a bare minimum of 20m then that weakens our position. If we could refuse 15m from Forest knowing that another club would pay 20m that would be great but there is no chance of that happening. Forest will know this and will negotiate accordingly 

Leverage works both ways. Even if there isn't another team willing to pay 20m for Davis, is there another player Forrest can get for less than 20m? 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â