Keinan Davis

a-k

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I have the foggiest to what people are seeing when they talk about KD’s potential. It all reeks of Villa bias… It’s nice that he’s one of our own and we treat him like that. However, the lad is 24 and he hasn’t really improved since We came up. 

It’s best for both Him and Villa if he try else where. 

good luck fella. 

I mean it's generally because he works hard (and we've had plenty who don't bother) and his all round game is very strong, he just doesn't get into scoring positions often (if you think about it, Grealish didn't really post good numbers of goals and assists until his last season and we all gave him virtually a free pass because the rest of his game was so good, Keinan is like a worse version of that). He still has plenty of potential given that this is pretty much his first consistent run of games since Steve Bruce took over in the championship.

He's been majorly hampered by injuries and being too good to sell or loan out, but not quite good enough to play for us, so he's just been sitting on the bench not developing 

I agree with the rest though, he's not likely to ever be good enough for us (although I think he could be a mid table PL player in the future if he can get over his constant injuries) and his stock is high enough now being a key part of a promoted team and its probably best for all parties if he was sold this summer. I think we should be getting £10-15m selling to a now PL team. Some of the figures being banded about here are crazy low 

10m, and either a buy back or sell on clause. 

Any less and we may as well keep him and loan him out again.

If he suddenly becomes not injury prone, then I'm sure he'd be a very decent PL forward, and possibly worth a fair bit more. But at 24, and having never done it so far, I just don't see him avoiding injury for a season. For this reason,  we need to sell now while his stocks are the highest they've ever been. 

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

10m, and either a buy back or sell on clause. 

Any less and we may as well keep him and loan him out again.

10m marked as profit on our accounts is significant and is far better than just keeping him out on loan. Also, why would we want a sell on or buy back clause, these just reduce the purchase of a player. We should just maximise the financial return now as opposed to gamble money on Davis becoming injury free and making it as a PL footballer

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I don't get the love in for keeping Davis. As CarryOn has said, the guys is 24 and hasn't improved and we should sell him. If he wasn't our player how many of us would be happy to see Gerrard buy him for 10m? I expect nobody. 

i think its cos a lot of us just like the kid and want him to work, even if/when he does leave i personally will feel like injuries and lack of opportunity was whats done him rather than his lack of ability, we havent got the best out of him and when you say "hasnt improved" he has, his story is a good one

its not going to happen for him though I'm not denying that, for his own good if forest are interested he should be asking for the move

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

10m marked as profit on our accounts is significant and is far better than just keeping him out on loan. Also, why would we want a sell on or buy back clause, these just reduce the purchase of a player. We should just maximise the financial return now as opposed to gamble money on Davis becoming injury free and making it as a PL footballer

10m is pure profit as you say....I don't see us getting more for him even without a clause....

The clause then gives us protection in the off chance he is a late bloomer and fulfils his potential.

I really like Davis and have a lot of time for him but I think now is the time to let him go and make some money. 

The absolute ideal would be something like a £10mil sale to Forest with £5mil bonus if they stay up, plus a high percentage sell-on with first refusal/buy-back.

As much as I'd like him to make it at Villa, I think we have bigger fish to fry, so time to cash in.

Loan couldn't have gone better for us really. We have an in-form and well loved player in Kienan who Forest fans seem keen to keep. His stock and value has risen considerably higher than it ever would (realistically) at Villa and Gerrard won't give him any more minutes than any other manager has. Makes sense to sell him to Forest and  wish him all the best and watch as he inevitably scores past us next season. 

"I've been in Steven Gerrard's ribs since Thursday, because he came with us for the Champions League final ."

"You've gotta sell us Keinan Davis. You've gotta sell us Keinan Davis. Come on, you've gotta sell us Keinan Davis, so I'm doing my bit " 👀

- BT Sport's Darren Fletcher is a Nottingham Forrest fan. 

Don't know how to link that video.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

"I've been in Steven Gerrard's ribs since Thursday, because he came with us for the Champions League final ."

"You've gotta sell us Keinan Davis. You've gotta sell us Keinan Davis. Come on, you've gotta sell us Keinan Davis, so I'm doing my bit " 👀

- BT Sport's Darren Fletcher is a Nottingham Forrest fan. 

Don't know how to link that video.

Why would he say that about Davis though? According to people in here, he's rubbish! Is it possible that Forest fans have more basis for a solid opinion than our presumptious lot, who are judging him mainly off sub appearances in what's mainly been a poor Villa side?

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Why would he say that about Davis though? According to people in here, he's rubbish! Is it possible that Forest fans have more basis for a solid opinion than our presumptious lot, who are judging him mainly off sub appearances in what's mainly been a poor Villa side?

Or more likely they’ve had 23 years of misery and have been playing in the Championship and used to that level.  Seems a better and more obvious reason.

11 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Snap their hands off!

The actual quote, from this article:

Davis’ dad Jimmy revealed his son feels “at home” at Forest and it is understood by Mirror Sport if they decide to tempt Villa with a £15m bid they could get their man. Some cash for Davis will give Gerrard leeway to fund other signings, including a striker with proven experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Forest will want this one done ASAP, they relied on loans massively last year and clearly they need to keep consistency in the squad rather than just replace everyone. Davis, Zinckernagel and Spence will be the 3 they want to keep most out of those loans.

This is a great move for all parties, he will get a lot of football there which we can't offer him and has the chance to become their number 9 in their first premier league season for 23 years. Like us with the Mings signing, it has just worked out for him there in a way it didn't for him here, he should go with our blessing. He has some great attributes and others that need working on but sadly we just haven't used him much since promotion and I think the player will privately make it be known he wants the move to the boss.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Forest will want this one done ASAP, they relied on loans massively last year and clearly they need to keep consistency in the squad rather than just replace everyone. Davis, Zinckernagel and Spence will be the 3 they want to keep most out of those loans.

This is a great move for all parties, he will get a lot of football there which we can't offer him and has the chance to become their number 9 in their first premier league season for 23 years. Like us with the Mings signing, it has just worked out for him there in a way it didn't for him here, he should go with our blessing. He has some great attributes and others that need working on but sadly we just haven't used him much since promotion and I think the player will privately make it be known he wants the move to the boss.

I'd be happy with this, as long as we insert a buyback.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â