Keinan Davis

a-k

15 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Tammy Abraham did next to nothing at Swansea in his early chance in the Prem at a young age. Looked ordinary. 

Surprise surprise he went to the Championship (twice) and tore it up, same as Keinan is at Forest. 

He was then given a second chance at Chelsea when he usually would not have been given one (we all know without the transfer embargo they would have brought in a shiny European striker). He came good. 

I cannot say that Davis is Prem level or not because I'm not a professional scout, neither are you. I would like to see him given a proper pre-season chance when fully fit. Something he's never ever had due to injury. He's certainly got something that neither of our current centre forwards have, strength to piss around a CB properly and bring our 10's into play. That's enough for me to want to see how he would work. 

You are entitled to your opinion, but this "he isn't PL quality" has no foundation at all because he's never been given the run to prove it.

Love your comparison to Tammy, given they are the same age apart from a few months.  Tammy was 19 years old at Swansea.  Tammy at the same age now as Keinan has scored 113 goals in his career, Keinan has 11 goals.  

That should end the argument there because you are comparing players of very different quality.  Yes he has something different to our current strikers yet when he did play for us apart from a few moments, the rest of the time he was on the pitch didn’t use it.  Smith never trusted him enough to play him any reasonable minutes even when Ollie needed a break during games or extra man on the pitch apart from a few minutes here and there, so obviously he wasn’t showing in training. PL defenders also are a far higher quality and were pushing him off to none dangerous areas so he wasn’t providing assists and he certainly wasn’t scoring. The manager didn’t play him, the assists weren’t there, the goals weren’t there but now some magical consistent run for Forest mostly against shit defenders like Birmingham, Coventry, Barnsley and co, sprinkled with a couple of cup games against PL teams and suddenly he’s the beast that could make a difference for us.  Give me a break!

”oh it’s his injuries”, “ oh he’s never had a run”. Yes both true but he was available a lot for us but never got picked or didn’t do anything.  Keinan is the past for us, if we have desires for top half of the table then we move on from players of that quality in our squad.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, WHY said:

I agree, we have 2 strikers out on loan who are doing well would be madness not to have them both back and give them a preseason imo. I don’t care how they have performed in the past, it’s the hear and now is what I care about. The whole point in loaning players out is to see how they get on with playing regularly. Would be pointless to dismiss it. 

For that to happen, Watkins or Ings (or both) would have to be sold. Although with 5 subs next season perhaps one of Archer or Davis could be an impact sub.

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Just because they are doing well in the lower leagues doesn’t mean they are the best two.  Ollie and Danny are in very poor form but Davis isn’t PL quality, he’s found his level and doing really well. That doesn’t mean he can do that at PL level.  We know what he’s done in the past here….nothing!  Smith saw something in him, yet when this forum was shouting for him to get some time in the second half of last season Smith never did.

Irony was that they are the best suited front 2 to play together. Not that they are the best 2 strikers. Their skills compliment one another. 

Tammy and Davis are like chalk and cheese.

Tammy scores goals (amazingly, as he rarely strikes the ball cleanly) sure, but his all-round game is severely lacking. Something that'll probably never come to him.

Davis has the all-round game, and if he improves his instincts and adds goals, he'd be one hell of a player. He is a true team player though, what I like about him tbh.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

People make me laugh. 

Just because he's had a few games for us (in bits and bobs in a generally underperforming team, between injury bouts) now he's settled and looking brilliant it's because he's found his level. 

Any other player (Cameron) doing the same thing is considered a nailed on PL player. 

I fairness he has played nearly 90 games for us

8 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Tammy and Davis are like chalk and cheese.

Tammy scores goals (amazingly, as he rarely strikes the ball cleanly) sure, but his all-round game is severely lacking. Something that'll probably never come to him.

Davis has the all-round game, and if he improves his instincts and adds goals, he'd be one hell of a player. He is a true team player though, what I like about him tbh.

I’m guessing you’ll never be a scout either because one is having a great career and the other is on loan at a lower level.  They are like chalk and cheese, Tammy is quality and Davis is a low scoring Championship striker.  You can dress it all you want “a true team player”, if only he has this and that, he’d be one hell of a player but the fact is he doesn’t, he never has, never looked like having either.  His instincts are poor, his goal scoring is very poor and the fact that he’s got a big frame, holds the ball up well at Championship level doesn’t get him to PL level.  He’s found his level and I’m delighted for him, now we just need to get a fee at the end of the season.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I fairness he has played nearly 90 games for us

Oh come on. 90 games makes it sound like he's had an extensive run. He's had nothing more than bits and pieces. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I’m quite glad he hasn’t had an extensive run.

What an odd comment. You're glad that a potentially excellent player hasn't had an extensive run in the team. Nowt queer as folk. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What an odd comment. You're glad that a potentially excellent player hasn't had an extensive run in the team. Nowt queer as folk. 

He’s just not potentially an excellent player though!  He’s a good Championship level player as he’s showing but don’t overinflate it above that.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m guessing you’ll never be a scout either because one is having a great career and the other is on loan at a lower level.  They are like chalk and cheese, Tammy is quality and Davis is a low scoring Championship striker.  You can dress it all you want “a true team player”, if only he has this and that, he’d be one hell of a player but the fact is he doesn’t, he never has, never looked like having either.  His instincts are poor, his goal scoring is very poor and the fact that he’s got a big frame, holds the ball up well at Championship level doesn’t get him to PL level.  He’s found his level and I’m delighted for him, now we just need to get a fee at the end of the season.

Football isn't always as simple as you perceive it to be. Roma fans have plenty of complaints about Abraham's game.

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I don't even think he was that bad when he did play for us in the PL. Its just his contribution can't be seen in something as simple as just goals scored.

He wasn't bad, he was good.

God knows how Nick can put that reaction to your comment, baffling.

Just now, Tom13 said:

I might genuinely do a highlights compilation to show how heavily involved in chance creation he actually was for us. The numbers are there in both prior seasons.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Doesn't even include the best bit where he just stood in front of them arms folded.

I didn't see that photo. I will have to find a Nose to tell me about it, I'm sure they will all remember that moment when one of our boys scored against them. :) 

Edited by John
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yet barely got played when he was fit!  Just looks like half the fans think he has potential and half the fans think his time is done at Villa and he’s found his level at Forest and wish him well.  Neither can see the others point of view.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â