Steven Hollis

Villan4Life

Was very critical to begin with but have to say I'm more and more impressed. 

Look at Tom Fox. Came into a club with an underperforming manager, ignored the managers request to be sacked, gave him a 4 year deal, spouted some false narrative shit and stuck with him far too long. 

Completely different with Hollis and Garde. 

I applaud it. Let's see what the next move brings. 

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

I wonder if K-Mac is vulnerable now too. My guess is he's sacked/ "mutual consent" deal

Why?

I'd have to say I'd be surprised by this - I haven't seen yet anything that says we're sweeping away everything -I'd have thought the likes of MacDonald and Cowans were pretty safe in their roles.

There was that game with K-Mac in charge that some people thought he threw...I wonder if there was more to all that speculation. 

Anyways, if I was him, I'd be nervous. 

To be honest for me, all this talk of "give them a chance for a change" is a load of old shite. I mean, yeah, well done for doing your job Hollis. Medal in the post. But I'm at a total loss to explain why that means we should give anyone appointed by Randy Lerner our trust. Any percentage of our trust in fact until they earn it. Because I don't trust Randy, not one iota. 

If Hollis turns out to be decent it will be through luck not Lerner's judgement. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

To be honest for me, all this talk of "give them a chance for a change" is a load of old shite. I mean, yeah, well done for doing your job Hollis. Medal in the post. But I'm at a total loss to explain why that means we should give anyone appointed by Randy Lerner our trust. Any percentage of our trust in fact until they earn it. Because I don't trust Randy, not one iota. 

If Hollis turns out to be decent it will be through luck not Lerner's judgement. 

I look at it differently. In logical steps, I thought the structure of the club was wrong (not enough football expertise or input) and I thought a number of people had done a very bad job. From that, I thought some things needed to change and people needed to be released.

RL appointed Hollis, and based on his previous record of appointments and based on my own scepticism about business consultant types I was concerned that Hollis might be an oxygen thief, but also accepted that some of the consultant types genuinely are good at what they do.

So it's promising for me that Hollis did pretty much exactly the things that I (most of us) thought needed doing - potting Fox, Almstadt. Getting someone like Brian Little and so on onto the board.

In other words he's demonstrated, so far at least, that he knows what he's doing and has done it. it remains to be seen if he gets the next bit, the hard part, right, but the bloke has so far not put a foot wrong, really, so distrust is not merited. Wariness, still, yes.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Also posted this in the Relegation Thread. Open letter to the fans from Hollis.

Says nothing of note really.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5502832,00.html

Dear Supporters

First, on behalf of the Board, let me express my deep regret that I find myself writing this open letter to you, knowing just how much hurt and pain, anger and anguish will have been felt by you all after the Club lost its Premier League status this weekend.

Your profound sadness is shared by everyone connected with the Club and while I know that will be of little consolation in the days ahead, it should be a source of reassurance as we rebuild the foundations for future successes.

We must acknowledge that this weekend's confirmation has been the culmination of an unacceptably fractured season both on and on the pitch. That isn't down to bad luck. To make such a claim would be insulting to each and every one of you. I must add you have all displayed unyielding commitment in adversity.

While it is of little solace at present, the process of identifying the root causes of our circumstances started long ago and the focus now has to be looking forward and making sure lessons have been learnt.

The search for a new manager to provide drive, direction and immediate promotion has commenced.

Together, we share the same goal. We intend to restore Aston Villa Football Club to its rightful place. It is a journey we must make together so we can bring success, enjoyment and exciting football back to Villa Park once more.

Steve Hollis 
Chairman

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Dear Supporters

First, on behalf of the Board, let me express my deep regret that I find myself writing this open letter to you, knowing just how much hurt and pain, anger and anguish will have been felt by you all after the Club lost its Premier League status this weekend.

Your profound sadness is shared by everyone connected with the Club and while I know that will be of little consolation in the days ahead, it should be a source of reassurance as we rebuild the foundations for future successes.

We must acknowledge that this weekend's confirmation has been the culmination of an unacceptably fractured season both on and on the pitch. That isn't down to bad luck. To make such a claim would be insulting to each and every one of you. I must add you have all displayed unyielding commitment in adversity.

While it is of little solace at present, the process of identifying the root causes of our circumstances started long ago and the focus now has to be looking forward and making sure lessons have been learnt.

The search for a new manager to provide drive, direction and immediate promotion has commenced.

Together, we share the same goal. We intend to restore Aston Villa Football Club to its rightful place. It is a journey we must make together so we can bring success, enjoyment and exciting football back to Villa Park once more.

Steve Hollis 
Chairman

Whoops

8 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Dear Supporters

Steve Hollis 
Chairman

An improvement on the usual archived faulkner copy and paste statement but still a load of balls 

• Like 1

The bit - "we intend to restore Aston Villa FC to its rightful place". All well and good, but what we really want to know is how! A simple statement of intent from Randy Lerner outlining his plans to do this is what we've all been crying out for.

Where are you Randy? Where are you? 

Edit: I read that back in the voice of Delia, maybe we should get her on the megaphone at the Southampton game. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â