Virtual Reality

villarule123

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

hold on, you can watch Netflix in VR?  or have i misunderstood what you are saying?

What does it look like?  only with specific TV shows?

You can have a variety of scenarios/theme. It just puts you in a cosy room/cinema and you have a giant screen in front of you to watch Netflix on. Bigscreen puts you in a giant Cinema where you can stream your desktop and watch any of your own movies, or whatever you want to watch, and you can have an open room where friends/randomers can come in and watch it with you. 

If you have a Quest with Virtual Desktop, you can do it all wirelessly whereever you want in your house. 

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Just stumbled into this thread, I sold my PSVR a few months back, I bought it not long after we went into the first lockdown and it really saved me from going mad in that first month or two, it was sheer escapism.

Astrobot was amazing, probably my favourite VR game, Resident Evil was good but to start with it made me sick as a dog, I actually had to lie down for about 5 hours after the first session on that which lasted about 40 minutes.

The fitness games were amazing as well, Beat Sabre is a fun workout when you crank up the difficulty, Creed was amazingly hard work but I spent most of my time on BoxFit, really simple game like light BeatSabre but minus the flashy fun stuff and focusing on fitness.

I did genuinely love it to start with then I found that it was a ball ache to constantly move the sofa and coffee table if I wanted a quick game which required actual movement and I found I was sticking more and more to the stationary VR games like Resi Evil, then it got to the point where just putting the headset on was more effort than I could be arsed with and as someone said earlier in the thread I ended up just going back to FIFA.

It sat there gathering dust for a good few months before I got rid of it, all in all it was mind blowing great fun to start off with but unless you are a hardcore gamer the novelty will wear off after a while.

I do sometimes still wish I had it but I know that if I did it would still be sitting there not being used, or being used very very rarely.

Having said that, it is worth having one just so you can get people to walk the plank for the first time.

The most annoying thing about PSVR is the number of cables.  Pain in the arse to keep setting up and then putting it away again. They really need to do something about that if PSVR2 is to do well imo.

• 1 year later...

PSVR2 launch line up

• 2MD: VR Football Unleashed All-Star
  • After The Fall
  • Altair Breaker
  • Cities VR: Enhanced Edition
  • Cosmonious High
  • Demeo
  • Dyschronia: Chronos Alternate
  • Fantavision 202X
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Hello Neighbor: Search and Rescue
  • Horizon: Call Of The Mountain
  • Kizuna AI: Touch The Beat
  • Moss
  • Moss: Book 2
  • No Man’s Sky
  • Resident Evil Village
  • Song in the Smoke: Rekindled
  • Star Wars: Tales From The Galaxy’s Edge – Enhanced Edition
  • Swordsman VR
  • The Dark Pictures Anthology: Switchback VR
  • The Light Brigade
  • The Tale of Onogoro
  • Tentacular

Nothing close to making me interesting in buying it, but at least there's a few things there that will peak the interest of owners - GT7 for example. Beat Saber is coming too, although not in time for launch.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â