Gun and Knife crime

leighavfc

The 17 year old attacker has been named then as Axel Rudakubana. The judge lifted the anonymity due to the riots over the last couple of days and the risk of further misinformation being spread. 

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The 17 year old attacker has been named then as Axel Rudakubana. The judge lifted the anonymity due to the riots over the last couple of days and the risk of further misinformation being spread. 

Foreign sounding name so the racists will feel justified. 

I find it hard to think of a significant benefit of identifying him at this stage.

I suppose it does stop people starting a witchhunt and harassing innocent people, but at the expense of putting a target on the back of his family

• Like 3

Naming him achieves very little other than bowing to mob pressure to appease it. We already knew he was a child of Rwandan parents, born in Wales - guess what, he's not white and he's not called Tim Smith. Shock horror. There's millions of other people for whom that is also true, and they didn't go a knifing spree.

• Like 2

Imo he's rightfully been named, puts a stop to misinformation being spread. Like I said befite my sympathy is with the victims not the perpetrator. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Imo he's rightfully been named, puts a stop to misinformation being spread. Like I said befite my sympathy is with the victims not the perpetrator. 

its nothing to do with having sympathy for him.

No-one has sympathy for him

• Like 1

I see the 'Muslim man with a machete' who was cited as reason the riots began is actually far right's own Jordan Davies who was found with a flick knife. 

• Thanks 2

Other than stopping some misinformation, from which far right racist nut jobs took that misinformation and targeted innocent Muslims, what good will releasing his name do? he is British and was born here but second generation immigrant so that is already enough for some to spout the accusation that if his parents hadn't been allowed to come here in 2002 then this attack wouldn't have happened so it is all the fault of immigration which by some twisted logic for some makes all immigrants fair game. 

Edited by markavfc40

27 minutes ago, djdabush said:

I see the 'Muslim man with a machete' who was cited as reason the riots began is actually far right's own Jordan Davies who was found with a flick knife. 

I've seen him named , i've not seen any of the articles suggesting he is "far right" 

he may well be , but in a conversation about misinformation , you could argue it would be important to validate information  ?

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

What's it to do with then? 

Just upholding the law, really. There's no tangible benefit to his name being made public.

The potential downside is that his family can be easily identified, given the name, and for all we know they could be the loveliest people on Earth. They're now in very real danger.

There's a huge difference between mob rule and the rule of law - and with good reason.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Other than stopping some misinformation, from which far right racist nut jobs took that misinformation and targeted innocent Muslims, what good will releasing his name do? he is British and was born here but second generation immigrant so that is already enough for some to spout the accusation that if his parents hadn't been allowed to come here in 2002 then this attack wouldn't have happened so it is all the fault of immigration which by some twisted logic for some makes all immigrants fair game. 

I was going to to say perhaps if the name had been released earlier it would have stopped all the other shit 

but then again the police did say almost from the off he was born in Cardiff and it still resulted in it being immigrants fault ..and then the Muslims  ..

so most likely it wouldn't have changed a thing 

• Like 1

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Just upholding the law, really. There's no tangible benefit to his name being made public.

The potential downside is that his family can be easily identified, given the name, and for all we know they could be the loveliest people on Earth. They're now in very real danger.

There's a huge difference between mob rule and the rule of law - and with good reason.

It's not just far right people that are angry about it though and he's 18 next week. In circumstances like this its only right he's been named.  Yes you can talk about the parents but  everybody knew who it was. The name was posted on here but removed yesterday so.hes rightfully been named 

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It's not just far right people that are angry about it though and he's 18 next week. In circumstances like this its only right he's been named.  Yes you can talk about the parents but  everybody knew who it was. The name was posted on here but removed yesterday so.hes rightfully been named 

People being "angry" has got **** all to do with it though.

• Like 2

My issue is why the far right want him named? If he was a white guy from Wales would they have stormed Barry Island? We all know why people want the name released. It’s to appease their already prejudiced view on what happened and why. Who he is at this stage has no bearing on anything. If he was black, white, Muslim, Christian, trans - what does it matter? It doesn’t impact what he did does it? If people now rioting because he’s not Muslim then there’s another issue there that needs to be dealt with. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, omariqy said:

My issue is why the far right want him named? If he was a white guy from Wales would they have stormed Barry Island? We all know why people want the name released. It’s to appease their already prejudiced view on what happened and why. Who he is at this stage has no bearing on anything. If he was black, white, Muslim, Christian, trans - what does it matter? It doesn’t impact what he did does it? If people now rioting because he’s not Muslim then there’s another issue there that needs to be dealt with. 

It's being released because the far right want him to be a Muslim immigrant, and he's been named because he's not and that helps defuse their narrative.

Although if he was a Muslim extremist, I don't actually think that would be irrelevant. There's some middle ground between "Muslims aren't welcome in this country" and "the identity and motivations of the killer are completely meaningless".

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

People being "angry" has got **** all to do with it though.

But I don't agree that he's  just been named to appease the far right. It's bollocks that people hold this view and thst this is just because he's the son of two immigrants 

I’d rather he just not get the publicity tbh. Needs locking away forever with no prospect of release preferably in the smallest, dingiest cell that can be found.

Disappointing that they’ve named him as the usual suspects are already online pointing to his foreign sounding name these inbreds probably can’t even pronounce to make their vile political point.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â