Gun and Knife crime

leighavfc

14 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Just to be clear, people aren’t allowed to clarify the nationality of an individual to ensure the correct information is made available, but you’re ok to post stuff dismissing any possible discussion of the individual’s mentality?

Hypocrisy.

As for your final sentence, it shows your lack of reading how people digest and discuss these topics. Do you honestly think people don’t take a moment to try and reflect on what it would be like if it happened to their child/loved ones? It will go through everyone’s mind. Just because they don’t immediately jump online and post that doesn’t mean they don’t give pause for thought.

But to answer your fairly redundant question I would be bereft beyond words. And guess what, I honestly believe I wouldn’t give a flying **** if the perpetrator were from Rwanda or Birmingham or if they had mental health issues or if they were of relatively sound mind. 

Yeah, but it's all already been clarified numerous times by several different people. There's more posts in here about racism than there are about the children who died (obviously some of them as part of a conversation with the OP, but still).

Given that context can you see why it might seem a bit weird to come online and write a long post repeating what's already been said about racism without even sparing a word for the victims?

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Your proving beyond doubt the hypocrisy of this thread.. 

Well done!

What by noting how you’re being all high and mighty over us lowly point scorers as long as we ignore your point scoring?

Delighted to help.

2 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Yeah, but it's all already been clarified numerous times by several different people. There's more posts in here about racism than there are about the children who died (obviously some of them as part of a conversation with the OP, but still).

Given that context can you see why it might seem a bit weird to come online and write a long post repeating what's already been said about racism without even sparing a word for the victims?

Some people carried on a conversation/argument/disagreement. That’s essentially what I see. 

I’m pointing out the hypocrisy of someone decrying the “point scoring” of others but is seemingly happy to do so themselves.

Any possibility that it’s a sincere message of “ah come on guys, let’s look at the real picture here.” is undercut by the person’s repeated posts about dismissing mental health from the discussion.

And for the record I have no horse in the mental health aspect. Because I don’t know any facts on the matter.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Some people carried on a conversation/argument/disagreement. That’s essentially what I see. 

I’m pointing out the hypocrisy of someone decrying the “point scoring” of others but is seemingly happy to do so themselves.

Any possibility that it’s a sincere message of “ah come on guys, let’s look at the real picture here.” is undercut by the person’s repeated posts about dismissing mental health from the discussion.

And for the record I have no horse in the mental health aspect. Because I don’t know any facts on the matter.

Do you mean me? 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Do you mean me? 

No. You should read the conversation.

Although you dismissed the notion of mental health, it was @foreveryoung who started talking about “point scoring” and how we shouldn’t be discussing or speculating on someone’s race, religion or creed because we should be focused on the the children who died and the families left behind. 

Fundamentally I agree with that notion. (Edit- but I accept that there is naturally going to be some discussion as opposed to condolence after condolence being sent)

I disagree with foreveryoung trying to take the moral high ground in that manner because they’re happy to dismiss mental health from the discussion. That’s not focusing on the grieving families.

They are dismissing people’s views on possible aspects of the crime while ensuring their own views remain in tact.

You can’t frame the public discussion only to the boundaries you yourself see fit.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Metnal illness is not linked to violence in my opinion.  

link

A man with schizophrenia who beheaded a fellow bus passenger in Canada in 2008 has been granted freedom.

Will Baker, formerly known as Vince Weiguang Li, killed 22-year-old Tim McLean after hearing what he thought was "the voice of God".

28 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yes, sorry, I quoted your second post when it was the first one I was referring to.

5 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Yes, sorry, I quoted your second post when it was the first one I was referring to.

Oh right. Perhaps I was slightly late to the party, but I felt like it could be food for thought when (with sad resignation) the next atrocity inevitably happens. Just go easy on the whole “I reckon I can guess this about the perpetrator!” rhetoric is my thinking. But whatever.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well worth a watch. 

Truly scary how dangerous social media can be. I do genuinely worry what they could lead to. 

Yeah its rubbish but Social media isn't the real issue here DC. 

Wasn't aware pointing out someone who as from Cardiff was racist.......

As a father I really cannot imagine the horrors that families are going through at the moment, it's just awful. They will want answers, we want answers and it's an easy trope when the rumours start surfacing, especially on the back of other news from last week. Don't really understand why Farage has been so quiet.

43 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

What is the real issue? You've already discounted mental health, so I'm curious to know what it is.

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

Personally I don't care whether it's as a result of mental illness or not. The murdering of children makes my blood boil. My thoughts are with the victims families and friends at this time. 

I agree. Why we even focusing on this? The poor families its tragic 😥 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

This forum has really got to stop with the point scoring. Its like having a argument at a family funeral.

That’s a bit **** rich to be honest mate

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

What is the real issue? You've already discounted mental health, so I'm curious to know what it is.

Come off it. You know the real issue is Innocent children/people getting killed. Knife crime just keeps rising. Streets being unsafe. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Come off it. You know the real issue is Innocent children/people getting killed. Knife crime just keeps rising. Streets being unsafe. 

I meant the underlying issue, but whatever. I regret asking you that in good faith.

2 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

I think the scenes in Southport currently show that social media and the lies spread on there are a massive issue in relation to what happened. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I think the scenes in Southport currently show that social media and the lies spread on there are a massive issue in relation to what happened. 

Blame Elon Musk, he bought all these bad influencers back 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â