Gun and Knife crime

leighavfc

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Claiming metal health gets them off real jail time. They were very unhappy with this, an so would you if they were yours.

Do you think he's at a holiday camp?

Jail time comes with a release date, the place he's in doesn't. 

As I said, it wasn't an excuse. It's a reason. He didn't get away with it. 

Edited by DCJonah

Just now, DCJonah said:

Do you think he's at a holiday camp?

Jail time comes with a release date, the place he's in doesn't. 

As I said, it wasn't an excuse. It's a reason. He didn't get away with it. 

It'll be a holiday camp to jail defo. Imagine the inmates finding out you have stabbed up a couple of kids.

Anyway one of the main things about being charged on mental health grounds, is it goes to diminished responsibility and Manslaughter, not murder.

11 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Build more prisons.

Edited 1 minute ago

The more they build the more they fill. It's quite scary the amount of young inner - city youths who feel the need to carry a knife as a form of protection. I'm not entirely convinced prison is the answer, not as a deterrent anyway. You only have to look at the amount of stabbing incidents in prisons to understand how knives have become almost matter of factly in the psyche of many of today's youths. 

I went to see my ex partner, who I'm still good friends with, and as I went into the kitchen she pointed to a big machete what her 24 yr old son had come home with. Imagine her having to know that's the World her son inhabits, because, it can happen to anyone. I think maybe, she would have been better not seeing the knife, what you don't know and all that. It really is a nightmare for the parents, or parent of these youths. 

I tried emphasising, to a young lad round my way, the importance of responsibility and the dire consequences that come with leading an irresponsible life, trust me, I know, but, like you do when you're young, it's in one and out the other.

C'est la vie. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

The fact the attacker was British and almost certainly Christian is not fitting the narrative many racist/xenophobic bastards were hoping for is it. That some peoples first thoughts weren't for the victims/their families but was the colour of the attackers skin/religious beliefs/how long he'd been in the country shows how f**ked up some in this country are. Shame on them.

The exact same dynamic happens here as well. Deranged mentality.

The problem is that our actions, including knife and gun crimes, are a product of our mental condition(ing). Our 'mental' is a product of our chemistry and this is a product of nature and nurture. Nature and nurture are essentially equivalent to our environment: nature, basically our genetics and the properties of matter and nurture our society, cultural circumstances and familial background.

Funnily enough, I find this a useful way of looking at the bits and pieces in our unfolding universe.

7 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

The fact the attacker was British and almost certainly Christian is not fitting the narrative many racist/xenophobic bastards were hoping for is it. That some peoples first thoughts weren't for the victims/their families but was the colour of the attackers skin/religious beliefs/how long he'd been in the country shows how f**ked up some in this country are. Shame on them.

I didn't know that, not that I disbelieve you but where was that published ? 

36 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the poor parents have just had their life torn apart and all these arseholes care about is their culture war. they don't give a **** about the dead kids

Yeah it's been really quite shocking to see. I know social media is a shit show but it does seem like we're heading towards America with people trying to divide the country and jumping on situations like this to attempt to make it worse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, veloman said:

I didn't know that, not that I disbelieve you but where was that published ? 

The official Police statement (link below). The Telegraph are apparently also reporting his parents were originally from Rwanda which is something like a 98% christian country so it is highly likely if he has a religion he will be christian. 

"A 17-year-old male from Banks in Lancashire, who was born in Cardiff, has been arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder and has been taken to a police station where he will be interviewed by detectives

Merseyside Police Statement Following Incident in Southport

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

It'll be a holiday camp to jail defo. Imagine the inmates finding out you have stabbed up a couple of kids.

Anyway one of the main things about being charged on mental health grounds, is it goes to diminished responsibility and Manslaughter, not murder.

I imagine your understanding of schizophrenia is probably quite low. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

He's not having a fun life if he's got paranoid schizophrenia though :D  His mind will be incredibly detached from reality to the extent of which he's killed people.

It also depends what you see prison as.  Purely punishment or punishment with some reforming thrown in.  For me, it's the latter.  Some in prison will re-offend (often continuously for more 'petty' crimes), others see it as a way out of the life they were previously in.  For a paranoid schizophrenic who has killed someone, he's pretty unlikely to reform and mix back in with society.  So either you chuck him in an over-inhabited prison system - possibly at the cost of having someone else in there - or you keep him in a secure hospital where he can be monitored and get help whilst never going back into society.

As @Rugeley Villa says, you can't just claim mental illness and that's that.  They test it!

• Like 1

If this person has an extreme case of schizophrenia then in an ideal world it would be better they weren’t alive for themselves mostly , but we can’t go bumping off people that have something beyond their control.  No matter how bad the crime if they are really unwell mentally then secure hospitals are the place for them . If the person was not proven mentally unwell, and I don’t mean taking some low dose of anti depressants then I’d like to see them be put to death . 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

If this person has an extreme case of schizophrenia then in an ideal world it would be better they weren’t alive for themselves mostly , but we can’t go bumping off people that have something beyond their control.  No matter how bad the crime if they are really unwell mentally then secure hospitals are the place for them . If the person was not proven mentally unwell, and I don’t mean taking some low dose of anti depressants then I’d like to see them be put to death . 

I guess you can reload a saved game for someone like Judith Ward. "Put them to death", whoops. Sharia law comes to Rugeley.

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I guess you can reload a saved game for someone like Judith Ward. "Put them to death", whoops. Sharia law comes to Rugeley.

The evidence would have to be 100% concrete and no doubt in mind who the person was  who committed the evil atrocity . 

25 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The evidence would have to be 100% concrete and no doubt in mind who the person was  who committed the evil atrocity . 

Oh so we'll have the 'beyond reasonable doubt' that we use for criminal convictions that let people spend their entire life in prison, but a new, extra, completely infallible level of 'no seriously, they really, really did it'? :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Oh so we'll have the 'beyond reasonable doubt' that we use for criminal convictions that let people spend their entire life in prison, but a new, extra, completely infallible level of 'no seriously, they really, really did it'? :)

Ok it would have to be 110% guilty 😂

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â