Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

9 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

If we sign Adomah, it might be good for Gestede.

Could be.

Like with our other signings this season (Tish, Gollini, De Laet, Elphick, Chester, McCormack and Jedinak) I can't say I remember ever watching him. So I know nothing what so ever about him.

Edited by sne

17 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He said he was off to Vegas for a couple of weeks, just as the window is closing, the thoughtless git ;) 

How selfish! Clearly not committed to the cause. :)

I quite like the look of Adomah. Quick, direct, good crosser and seems a good character in the dressing room. He's from non league originally so has worked his way up and you would hope that would mean he doesn't have an ego, which would fit in with getting good characters at the club. He's also got experience of this league and getting out of it. Ticks all the boxes IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

I think most people would use a post match thread to discuss the poor performance of a player in that game. Similarly they would suggest that the player be dropped in the pre match thread for the next game. And as for the Gollini thread.....

Which is, of course, a fair enough point. But, if you want to be taken seriously, repeating the same point over and over isn't the best way to go, because now I and maybe others, will just scroll straight past a post by 'one for the road'. Coincidentally, have you ever had 'one for the road', because the amount you moan I can't imagine you ever having much fun.

12 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Which is, of course, a fair enough point. But, if you want to be taken seriously, repeating the same point over and over isn't the best way to go, because now I and maybe others, will just scroll straight past a post by 'one for the road'. Coincidentally, have you ever had 'one for the road', because the amount you moan I can't imagine you ever having much fun.

I not moaning. I'm just realistic. It has served me very well in my life. Taking ones head out of the clouds can be very liberating. Try it sometime. I'm not going to pretend things aren't bloody awful at the club I love when they clearly are.

On another note, since you got personal, I run an international travel company and have visited over 100 countries so I suspect I have far more fun than most. But thanks for your concern.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Pilchard said:

So, Kodjia and Adomoha. Am I right in that they will both be off to the African Nations Cup. Presumably alongside moody Ayew?

And do they have beards as that makes a player good. Ahahaha I said beard.

Ah man,  I can't get enough of talking about players beards making them good players,  it is SO funny,  especially if you repeat it over and over again,  just gets funnier. 

Please someone post a picture of a hipster player with a big beard and link him to us. 

And before anyone says it yes I can grow a beard I just don't want to. 

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

How about Ben Marshall of Blackburn? He set up quite a lot of Gestede's goals at Blackburn and is a pretty decent winger! 

Or even Junior Hoilett on a free

Marshall isn't a bad shout TBF. I remember him being quite highly rated a couple of years ago? 

Cant imagine he'd cost the earth and I reckon most Blackburn players would jump at the chance of getting away from that hell hole. 

Not JH though, genuinely thought he could be a 'proper player', but turned into a shit Shaun Wright Phillips (which is God level shit when you consider how he turned out!)