Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

31 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Nothing to do with sky, Every PL game is shown live somewhere in the world meaning that you could watch every single game via some sort of stream. Now only the sky games and 1 per week on espn/bein are watchable for those who can not attend and even the radio commentary requires a dodgy stream as no commentaries are broadcast online

It doesn't seem like the championship are sold around the world so I don't see why they don't do like an NBA pass type thing. Where you can pay to watch games for one team or for the whole league. 

Surely there's better ways to get the league out there than just sky sports. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It doesn't seem like the championship are sold around the world so I don't see why they don't do like an NBA pass type thing. Where you can pay to watch games for one team or for the whole league. 

Yeah as has been mentioned people need to capitalise on this. It's a money making opportunity for all the corporates.

17 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Could we still have Patrick Bamford please!

Would be ideal really. Would rotate with Gestede, either/or on the bench providing depth. 

The more I think about it the more we need another striker. It might seem greedy, but if we are go to play this high intensity attacking game all season we are going to need depth. 

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Would be ideal really. Would rotate with Gestede, either/or on the bench providing depth. 

The more I think about it the more we need another striker. It might seem greedy, but if we are go to play this high intensity attacking game all season we are going to need depth. 

We 100% need another striker. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Have you had dreams which have affected reality, lucid dreams, synchronicities, out of body experiences, healed yourself from a serious illness with spiritual energy, experienced your soul?

I highly doubt it.  

lay off the ayahuasca mate, too much of that shit and you'll disappear down a hole there's no coming back from

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

As I mentioned in the AVTV thread, Wyness said that TV rights for individual teams are not for sale by the Football League, which is insanely backward for a second tier league but there we are. The only possible scenario I guess would be Villa licenses the rights for the entire league for some country (ie. China) and find a partner to stream it to "China"

(where "China" is basically the internet)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

This is all very weird.  We're having a superb window.  I don't think I've been disappointed by anyone we've brought in or anyone we've gotten rid of.  Everything so far has been pushing Villa in the right direction.  OK there were a few at the time I would have liked us to get, but even at that, the eventual arrival (McCormack over Gayle for example) was more than satisfactory.  They're making this transfer malarkey look remarkably easy aren't they?

NEXT!

I thought the same last season as well.

But yes, its all looking good so far

I'm really pleased with our activity so far, Di Matteo has addressed the main issues I think we had with the squad last season and I think on the whole signed good options who will improve us. There are still some very obvious players I want to see go and still some positions I think need addressing, for me the remaining targets would be, in no particular order GK - An experienced senior keeper as back up in place of Bunn RB - A first team starter CM - At least one FW - If we are playing with three I think we need another If we can bring those in or even half of them I think, all things considered (and there are many) I think it will have been a pretty remarkable window.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm really pleased with our activity so far, Di Matteo has addressed the main issues I think we had with the squad last season and I think on the whole signed good options who will improve us. There are still some very obvious players I want to see go and still some positions I think need addressing, for me the remaining targets would be, in no particular order GK - An experienced senior keeper as back up in place of Bunn RB - A first team starter CM - At least one FW - If we are playing with three I think we need another If we can bring those in or even half of them I think, all things considered (and there are many) I think it will have been a pretty remarkable window.

I agree with you on all counts but I have to wonder, if we only manage to address 2 of those remaining issues will you still be pleased?

I think a forward is a priority as is somebody like Ravel. I could cope without a RB and with Bunn, just about. 

They have already exceeded my expectations in both the amount and quality of the players signed/released.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I honestly believe that he would start more often than not if he were to come here- I genuinely rate this kid very highly and in my view just needs someone to believe in him and give game time to find his feet and then we would have a diamond on our hands

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I agree with you on all counts but I have to wonder, if we only manage to address 2 of those remaining issues will you still be pleased?

I think a forward is a priority as is somebody like Ravel. I could cope without a RB and with Bunn, just about. 

They have already exceeded my expectations in both the amount and quality of the players signed/released.

I guess it would largely depend upon which two but more than likely yes, obviously the degree of satisfaction would vary depending on the positions as for instance back up keeper isn't as important as RB. I don't view a striker as important as a creative midfielder either.

But yes, to be honest even if we didn't sign another player I think I'd still be pretty happy.

I think we will see another 2 arrive though.

Edit - Just to add, for me RB is the most pressing requirement.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Attacking midfielder would be great, an attacking midfielder and another quality striker would be tremendous, those two and new quality right back would be enough to win the league IMO.  Not saying we would win it, but we would certainly have a good shot at it.  The quality of that team would be second to none in the league.

If you check the Dr's tweets, he's working hard on your list..

39 minutes ago, Xela said:

I thought the same last season as well.

But yes, its all looking good so far

I can understand your concerns mate but there's a big difference between last season's buys and this season's. For starters, the new buys pretty much all have experience of this league whereas last season's bunch were pretty much new to English football.