Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

21 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Its greedy I know but I really want a good right back, it such a long time since we've had a good one.

it would be my priority to be honest. success in a football game is all about the quality of the weakest link in the 11 and I think in our squad now that's at right back.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Its greedy I know but I really want a good right back, it such a long time since we've had a good one.

I actually think this should be a priority - a quick RB who can defend (in the Amavi mould) it would make us a "lot" stronger. 

• Like 2

We still need a left sided CB and a RB to have a solid defence. We'll need 2 CM at least if Sanchez goes one a more box to box player like Gana and a DCM. Attacking wise I'd like a proper AM as I prefer Grealish wide left. I think we aren't far away with the strikers especially as RHM can have a big season this year off the bench. Still a lot to do for RDM but I'm happy we've enough going into Sunday to start the season well. 

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/2/843356753?-11177:843:0

Apparently Leeds have gone off Lescott, as his wages are too high. :(

Leeds are not interested in signing Joleon Lescott, according to a reliable journalist.

Radio Yorkshire’s Joe Rawson has claimed in a question-and-answer session that the Championship outfit have been put off by the former England defender’s wage demands.

7 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Lol. Not my words, the words of Football Insider.

The only NewsNow site I have blocked. Sh*tty clickbait articles, ad-ridden (even with an ad-blocker, or TWO in my case), and so much for 'insider', they break news hours after everyone knows about it, and have the cheek to call it an 'Exclusive'! Not even HITC is that bad...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, a m ole said:

it would be my priority to be honest. success in a football game is all about the quality of the weakest link in the 11 and I think in our squad now that's at right back.

Hutton or even Bacuna is not the end of the world as a temporary measure.  We are two places light in midfield that is our weakest link.  We need to replace Gana and we need creativity.

Visions of another Amavi on the right are sadly just going to lead to disappointment.

Just now, Rodders said:

one of those examples where it would definitely be worth subsidising his exit. 

I think the club probably hopes not asking a transfer fee is subsidy enough 

hmm, as we only bought him for a million quid last year, natural "depreciation" based on his value has already wiped that off! :P Still, 3 weeks to go... fingers crossed. More hopeful on moving Joleon and maybe Micah at least. Fairly sure Gabby won't be moved anywhere. 

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

one of those examples where it would definitely be worth subsidising his exit. 

We can't even give him away.

I've long suspected that he's a nose

I agree that it would pay to subsidise his wage for the year-If he stays, we are just going to be shelling out more and not getting anything in return as he won't be involved.

As N'Zogbia showed, these people aren't bothered if they play or not, the only concern they have is how much they earn.

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

I think the club probably hopes not asking a transfer fee is subsidy enough 

It clearly wasn't enough.They should have offered Leeds a million to take him.

20 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

Hutton or even Bacuna is not the end of the world as a temporary measure.  We are two places light in midfield that is our weakest link.  We need to replace Gana and we need creativity.

Visions of another Amavi on the right are sadly just going to lead to disappointment.

Hutton and Bacuna are awful - we could do much better.  We don't need another Amavi, we need a rightback who can defend and offer something going forward e.g. ocassionally get to the byline and cross a ball.    

Edited by Gary Thomas

4 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Hutton and Bacuna are awful - we could do much better.  

I would rather see a Bluenose supporting tea lady with incontinence play at RB than those two.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Hutton and Bacuna are awful - we could do much better.  We don't need another Amavi, we need a rightback who can defend and offer something going forward e.g. ocassionally get to the byline and cross a ball.    

I'm not sure that finding a right back who does that effectively is as easy as you think.

Replacing Gana protects the defence and adding someone creative, for example Morrison will give the forwards far more ammunition than an attacking right back will.

1 hour ago, Butterfingers said:

I'm not sure that finding a right back who does that effectively is as easy as you think.

Replacing Gana protects the defence and adding someone creative, for example Morrison will give the forwards far more ammunition than an attacking right back will.

I want a right back that can defend primarily. Yes we need another central midfielder, preferably one that doesn't have to protect the defence as much because we have a better right back.

Edited by a m ole