Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

This is the squad currently unless I have forgot some players.

Gollini, Guzan, Bunn, Steer

Hutton, Richards, Lescott, Elphick, Baker, Clark, Okore, Amavi, Bennett, Cissokho

Gardner, Westwood, Gana, Veretout, Sanchez, Bacuna, Tshibola, Gil, Grealish, Traore

Gabby, Ayew, Gestede, Kozak, Sinclair

That is not including any youngsters. The squad is way too big and needs trimming back by at least 4 or 5 players. If we are to bring in another 3 or 4 players then it needs 7 or 8 to go.

Bin : Cissokho, Lescott, Clark ( If replacement found) , Guzan, Sanchez, Bacuna, Sinclair.

In the case of a number of them, just pay them off. Get them out.

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Linked with Islam Slimani of Sporting Lisbon for 24mil according to newsnow.

Pie in the sky but could you imagine? 

Hahahaahaahha. Villa spending 24 million on a player when we are in the Championship? We wouldn't spend that much in the Premier League. Absolute nonsense story of the highest order.

(Bent was 18mil rising to 24 based on CL etc..)

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

This is the squad currently unless I have forgot some players.

Gollini, Guzan, Bunn, Steer

Hutton, Richards, Lescott, Elphick, Baker, Clark, Okore, Amavi, Bennett, Cissokho

Gardner, Westwood, Gana, Veretout, Sanchez, Bacuna, Tshibola, Gil, Grealish, Traore

Gabby, Ayew, Gestede, Kozak, Sinclair

That is not including any youngsters. The squad is way too big and needs trimming back by at least 4 or 5 players. If we are to bring in another 3 or 4 players then it needs 7 or 8 to go.

We have 1 too many in the following positions:

GK, LB, CB, CF.

We have 6 CMs by the looks of things need 2 gone at least, although a case to keep them all.

Gil & Grealish are more in the hole players than wingers, so we have no left winger as far as I'm concerned.

Traore and Bacuna are decent on the right wing, but also inconsistent.

Apparently we are after an attacking midfielder and 2 strikers. 

There is definitely room for 7/8 to leave.

Am I the only one who finds it a bit odd that our new management seems to think our squad is too big, especially when you consider there are 8 more games to be played and as far I can see championship squads don't have a limit of 25 like the premier league does.

I'm not against the idea to trim the squad, but I don't think we should hold up incoming players until we remove a few. Especially when we seem to be playing hard ball on fees like with Sinclair. If we are not careful we may well be starting the new season with an almost identical team that finished the last.

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Folski said:

We have 1 too many in the following positions:

GK, LB, CB, CF.

We have 6 CMs by the looks of things need 2 gone at least, although a case to keep them all.

Gil & Grealish are more in the hole players than wingers, so we have no left winger as far as I'm concerned.

Traore and Bacuna are decent on the right wing, but also inconsistent.

Apparently we are after an attacking midfielder and 2 strikers. 

There is definitely room for 7/8 to leave.

Andre Green could play left wing, I think he could have an impact this season, I thought he looked very good last season in his limited appearances 

• Like 1

yep, trimming a big squad is a nice way of saying getting rid of the shit, we cant declare the likes of lescott as utter garbage and not good enough for us because in reality we'll need to sell him to someone in the prem in order to cover his wages

• Like 1

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

I would have and probably still would support a mass cull personally but we probably don't have the depth to absorb it currently, shame we don't have another 3 or 4 promising kids to bulk out the group with 

FFP would come into question to a degree but I think we would be able to absorb the cost itself.

I'd put the lads out to pasture. Enjoy the reserves, let their agents orchestrate a way out.

• Like 1

Going off of the list above we have 32 1st team players out of that I think only 20 are good enough or who I want to see play for us again. That's some trimming!! That doesn't even take into account the youth players like Lyden, Green, RHM AND Mason who I think can play a part this year or positions like CF that desperately need addressing. For the amount of games we will have I think a 25 man squad supplemented by the youth should be enough. So we'd need at least 10 departures then add the youth and the 2/3 extra quality players we need into the squad. 

• Like 1

Take those 20 that are good enough, add a couple to make the squad 22.  Add 4-5 youngsters from say Green, Hepburn-Murphy, Davis, Toner, Suliman and Mason, Lyden and then bring in 3-4 quality players. Job done.  This, of course, assumes all the players that are good enough stay!

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Can you imagine if this actually happened? Wow.

If it happened I would be salivating at the thought of our first season back in the Premier League if we paid that much in the Championship. 

• Like 1

Being linked with a striker who is clearly in demand by some relative middle weight teams in Europe & the PL yet, still have cannon fodder on the books who want away.

It is incredible that blogs and shitshow newspapers are allowed to pass this kind of tosh off as fact. It's loosely based around fiction let alone fact. Unless 'Arry's dog or "a source close to" turns up, I will be disgusted, once either or both appears I will turn my focus to be appalled.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Can you imagine if this actually happened? Wow.

I'd say Slimani had absolutely no idea who we are or what league we are in if

it did!

Edited by AValon

Being linked with Bridcutt as well

He's wank, i'd rather keep Veretout at least he has potential. Bridcutt is a midtable championship player at best we won't get promoted with him in the side.

Bridcutt is a perfect example of a player who's utter shite at PL level but a very competent and dare I say good Championship one. I don't see the point in trying to get rid of Westwood only to sign Bridcutt.

• Like 1

sadly Bridcutt is the type of player we need at this level, would rather keep Vertout but he doesn't want to stay.

if we are losing Gueye and Sanchez then we need some hard working players to cover the ground which i think is what Bridcutt does.

I don't think Westwood does anything that well to be valuable at any level.