Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

I remember people questioning the quality of the defending in the league when we were looking at Delli Alli. I think it just means, we need good enough scouts to be able to judge a player beyond the quality of his opposition.

• Like 4

Just wondering what will happen with Grealish and Green if he joins?

Any winger signings we make will be ahead of them in the pecking order, and rightly so. Green and the other youngsters shouldn't be relied on as much as we relied on Bannan/ Albrighton/ Weimann years ago. They should make gradual appearances to not like the pressure on them, whilst also giving them the experience to improve their games.

Grealish is a bit different, as he's not just a 'potential' player like Green and Hepburn-Murphy, but I still think he should be given a smaller part to play than being a first team regular playing 90 minutes every game.

I've just got to work and a Man Utd supporting (brummie) mate has said that one of his mates was at the ground yesterday for a stadium tour, an the tour guide said that two players were there yesterday signing, but he couldn't say who they were.

BS?

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

O'Dowda had as a lot of potential and the raw attributes to become a good player. Wouldn't like to say for certain though. He would (obviously) jump at the chance of joining us ( his words) I'm not high enough up the food chain though to get anything more concrete about him being close to joining us, especially being the summer. Worth a punt for sure ! 

The Irish journalists are saying that another week training and he probably would have made the squad for the Euro's. Probably would have been worth shot anyway given that McGeady is probably our 'flair player'!

9 hours ago, KSV said:

Never heard of that Odowda fella before.. but looking at that video...I know .. quality of the league and defending etc... but he does have a wicked cross on him. Not sure how consistent he is with it but gee he would link up with Gestede well.

Havent seen much of him in fairness, but going by his video i don't think i seen a more left footed player.  If its the case, when you start coming up against better defenders, you will be in bother.

8 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Just wondering what will happen with Grealish and Green if he joins?

We're playing 46 games minimum next season (well 48 until we get knocked out of cups). We need more than 11 players to "compete."

I thought O'Neill was banned on this  forum? ;)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Richard said:

signings please

I saw a tweet (yes I know) the other day that one of the tour guides confirmed that he had beenshowing 2 new players around the ground end of last week.

3 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I've just got to work and a Man Utd supporting (brummie) mate has said that one of his mates was at the ground yesterday for a stadium tour, an the tour guide said that two players were there yesterday signing, but he couldn't say who they were.

BS?

Is that linked to this post, @omariqy?

The tour guide must have told a few people. I only found out that info this morning from a guy at work, and I didn't tweet it, and I hadn't read it on Twitter.

What Roy Keane said about O'Dowda

Assistant boss Roy Keane praised the youngster’s contribution while having a bit of a dig at the other more experienced players around him.

“Everyone said he did well last night because he controlled it, he passed it and he moved,” said Keane. “That’s why we think he did well. I think that should be the remit for most professional footballers but some players can’t seem to do that.

He’s a nice kid and he’s got a nice way about him. We’ve previously seen him with the U21s but it’s good to get a close look at him.

“He’s a confident lad, he has had a good season at club level and it was good to get him on last night because it’s good to work with young players who have not been brainwashed yet.”

http://www.the42.ie/callum-odowda-ireland-debut-roy-keane-2800069-Jun2016/

I would be happy with Bamford on loan or perm.

The £10m figure seems much but in terms of proven goalscorer at that level and the potential he has I think it could work out well personally.

I'd imagine it would be something like £4m now, £2m after hitting 20 goals and the rest when or if we get promoted if we are going on the supposed £10m fee. It still seems like much but that is the market these days.

Gestede will most likely stay, not sure what the plan is with Kozak depending on that plan we could do with another striker.

Actually looking forward to next season.

Not been terribly impressed with Bamford.  Seems to have been passed around on loan forever with no-one ever thinking he's good enough to take permanently, so not sure why we should.  And seems to have a championship ceiling, so isn't going to be much use next year (hopefully).