The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Just now, MikeMcKenna said:

Don't know how you can say he 'is not an improvement so far' when the stats prove otherwise. The Liverpool result was humiliating but most of us did not expect a win. Up till that point we were clawing our way back, albeit very slowly and were 11th in the form guide. 

didnt expect a win but we were playing a team with a shit goalkeeper, a terrible defence and low on confidence and we didnt even bother to attack them. The 3rd hammering that Garde has been involved in with 2 being at home

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well he didnt **** inspire the players to not be gutless which is his job

Depends which way you view it, I guess.  For me, the players are far, far, far much more in the wrong than Garde for that performance.

Great idea though - after every heavy defeat, sack the manager.  Superb stuff.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Depends which way you view it, I guess.  For me, the players are far, far, far much more in the wrong than Garde for that performance.

Great idea though - after every heavy defeat, sack the manager.  Superb stuff.

Considering someone wanted Garde sacked for playing Scott Sinclair about 2 months ago, it's no surprise there's an overreaction again. I'm not sure what the issue is with Garde beyond his performance as manager, but there's clearly one there.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

the fact our football on the pitch is slow and crap, the defence is a shambles, the team have no confidence and playing players hopelessly out of position. Yes Garde hasnt been backed which was shit but the basics are not being done by Garde

• Like 2

I didn't see the Liverpool game and yes that's the most recent one so in a way it's the most relevant one, but up to then we hadn't been doing too badly.  We've been rocked back now and our next game will say a lot about our character.  Just as Stoke seem to be coming out of their recent funk.

All that was true of Sunday's performance, but in general Garde has improved every single one of the areas you've mentioned.

Again, Baby and bathwater.

One awful performance doesn't apply to his whole reign. We need to stop judging Garde by his last game. The fluctuations in opinions on here of Garde and the whole team week by week is crazy.

Edit: @Zatman

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

Saying Garde is not the right man is not excusing the board,  in fact far from it it is another poor decision by them to employ the wrong,  yet cheap,  man.

They failed miserably in January.  He waant backed we will never know how well or not we would be doing if he had bought in players he wanted.  That was inexcusable by them I want them out of the club.  

That does not stop me thinking he is the wrong man and is to blame for lots of things currently.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the fact our football on the pitch is slow and crap, the defence is a shambles, the team have no confidence and playing players hopelessly out of position. Yes Garde hasnt been backed which was shit but the basics are not being done by Garde

THIS !!! Nail on the Head Zatman:

I agree, the squad isn't good enough, he maybe should have been backed in January, but there is two sides to that.  1: Garde Should expect to be backed but 2: I'm sure the Hierarchy were expecting a bit more results and performance wise from Garde in the runup to January as well.  Afterall he is being payed a Kings Ransom, took a fat signing on fee as well.  I think The hierarchy are within their rights to have expected more from him.............

Afterall, the general concensus pre-Garde seemed to be "wed got a talented squad being poorly managed by Sherwood" but now its gone full circle to "weve got a talented manager with a poor squad"

IMO the situation is not entirely Gardes fault, its not entirely the boards fault, its not entirely the players fault........ its a combination of all 3................

But this "Garde is exempt from criticism that is flying around is complete and utter bollocks.   The bloke is paid tonnes of cash to organise and prepare a team and get them playing for him - if he cant do that - then hes not doing his job........... these inept performances prove to me the squad aren't playing for him.........

1 minute ago, Adbo9 said:

But this "Garde is exempt from criticism that is flying around is complete and utter bollocks.   The bloke is paid tonnes of cash to organise and prepare a team and get them playing for him - if he cant do that - then hes not doing his job........... these inept performances prove to me the squad aren't playing for him.........

Has anybody actually said Garde is exempt from criticism, or is this a straw man you've made up?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

If Garde were to leave, we wouldn't be able to attract anyone any better.

I disagree.

I think Rowett is better and we would attract him

I think Moyes is better and we would attract him still (although if Barcodes sack Mclaren that option goes away I think)

I think Pearson is probably better and we would attract him

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Has anybody actually said Garde is exempt from criticism, or is this a straw man you've made up?

A large number of people across the fanbase that I have spoken to do yes seem to think the sun shine from his buttcrack................... "right man at the wrong time"........ what a load of bollocks........... Right man at the wrong time = the wrong man for me !!

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

I disagree.

I think Moyes is better and we would attract him still (although if Barcodes sack Mclaren that option goes away I think)

Aggree on all the above.  The Villa job is still a big pull I don't care what anyone says............

5 minutes ago, Richard said:

I disagree.

David Moyes could have his pick of jobs in the bottom half of the Premier League, and maybe some of the top half as well. You're absolutely dreaming if you think he fancies a 46-game season in the Championship next year. 

If Pearson becomes our manager, I think I would cry. 

Part of our problem is players with bad attitudes, on and off the pitch.

Pearson will sort that out?

The guy that oversaw a racist sex tape hooker scandal at Leicester. Their players were behaving even worse than ours do.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, useless said:

If Garde were to leave, we wouldn't be able to attract anyone any better.

1 minute ago, Richard said:

I disagree.

Of those three I'd say only Moyes might have a case for being better but I highly doubt we could attract him currently, if we go down I should think definitely not. I don't think Pearson would be any better than managers we've had recently and sacked for not being good enough, I'd have my doubts about Moyes too to be honest. Whoever is in charge it's going to be difficult for them under the current regime.

Rowett has done a great job at sha, unproven in the PL though so no way of knowing for certain that he would be an improvement in my opinion. Sherwood team even managed to beat his team earlier this season.

Moyes, yep he is proven in the top league and is undoubtably a safer bet than Garde. Whether he would join Villa is a big question, he didn't want to join when we were better placed, so I don't see why he would want to join now.

Pearson, Had a mixed bag last season. Looked certain for relegation before things turned around for him at Leicester. He had time, and backing on his side at Leicester, something Garde has not had here. 50/50 as to whether he would be a better manager in my opinion.

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

Rowett has done a great job at sha, unproven in the PL though so no way of knowing for certain that he would be an improvement in my opinion. Sherwood team even managed to beat his team earlier this season.

Moyes, yep he is proven in the top league and is undoubtably a safer bet than Garde. Whether he would join Villa is a big question, he didn't want to join when we were better placed, so I don't see why he would want to join now.

Pearson, Had a mixed bag last season. Looked certain for relegation before things turned around for him at Leicester. He had time, and backing on his side at Leicester, something Garde has not had here. 50/50 as to whether he would be a better manager in my opinion.

To be honest, I don't even think it's a question. He's way above where we are currently. He certainly doesn't need to be managing in the Championship, and that's the only place we're going. 

The rest of your analysis I agree with. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

Aggree on all the above.  The Villa job is still a big pull I don't care what anyone says............

Facts be hanged?  I haven't noticed us pulling any big spectacular names for quite a while.  

• Like 1

Â