The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Garde tries to play the squad game but these players have no confidence. The Wycombe replay was an excellent case in point.

I rate him but the circumstances in which he finds himself are not favourable. 

One thing I will say for the board,they do a bang-up job of gagging former managers so the most juicy bits of behind-the-scenes remain hidden. I can only imagine what Garde is dealing with - but I can only imagine what he was told before signing.  

• Like 1

In fairness to Garde I really wouldn't read too much in to today. Man City even with a so called weaker team can hammer anyone. They are a million miles ahead of us and most people to be fair. Put a top class manager in charge of them and really that should shit all over everyone

• Like 1

Hasn't really delivered like I hoped since he came here, nor has he been given the chance to do so.

Feel sorry for him. I'd still like him to stay for the next season in the Championship, but I also feel that it doesn't really matter as long as Lerner is our owner.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Why would Pearson be more suited? Because he's English?

No, because of his character. I think Garde is more suited to manage when things are not in such a mess.

That's my view anyway.

Too many shit players with shit attitudes in the squad, today was an opportunity for him to see if any of those losers were gonna step up and show they have what it takes to make it into his first 11, none of them did anything to improve their chances of getting into the first 11 of the worst team in the league. Just shows what a job Remi has and that it's a lose/lose situation for him as he is lumbered with shit players with shit attitudes and gets no support from the nob heads running the club to improve a shit squad. I can think of plenty of games under Remi that we would of won if we just had a clinical striker, the performances have been decent for the most part and I hope Remi sticks around because I'd like to see him given a proper go of things here but if history tells us anything its that we usually don't support the decent managers we hire and instead  throw money at shit managers.

7 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Pearson, whose Leicester City side that were on the cusp of relegation

They were but the season didn't finish at Christmas last year, he was in charge for the second half of the season you know.

He also got them to the championship play offs twice and got them promoted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

They were but the season didn't finish at Christmas last year, he was in charge for the second half of the season you know.

He also got them to the championship play offs twice and got them promoted.

Yeah well Remi Garde once played for Arsenal. So there. And he speaks French.

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Pearson, whose Leicester City side that were on the cusp of relegation, are now top of the league with a different manager.

Yeah he's definitely a better manager than Garde.

You do know that it was Pearson who was in charge of Leicester staying up don't you and he had them in the top teams in Europe for form for many months? Ranieri only joined them in the Summer, Pearson is a major reason why they are where they are right now, yes he's a header but that doesn't mean he isn't a decent manager.

Edited by Bunnski

21 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Pearson, whose Leicester City side that were on the cusp of relegation, are now top of the league with a different manager.

Yeah he's definitely a better manager than Garde.

Their ascendance started while Pearson was there though. Everyone can twist any argument to suit themselves in truth.

14 minutes ago, KHV said:

No, because of his character. I think Garde is more suited to manage when things are not in such a mess.

That's my view anyway.

I'm of the exact opposite opinion. Its in times like these when the club is an absolute shambles, that it is important you have a calm and composed figure capable of keeping his head while those around him are losing theirs. 

People like Pearson or Sherwood would be a PR embarrassment in times like these, and would probably be found swinging from the Holte end.

Is Garde a good Manager? I think it's difficult to say one way or another at the moment given the situation he inherited, but his character is exactly the reason I would like him to remain in charge. 

On 1/23/2016 at 16:51, DCJonah said:
7 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'm of the exact opposite opinion. Its in times like these when the club is an absolute shambles, that it is important you have a calm and composed figure capable of keeping his head while those around him are losing theirs. 

People like Pearson or Sherwood would be a PR embarrassment in times like these, and would probably be found swinging from the Holte end.

Is Garde a good Manager? I think it's difficult to say one way or another at the moment given the situation he inherited, but his character is exactly the reason I would like him to remain in charge. 

He's improving us. But inexcusable to not have our players getting into the box. Simpleton Tim Sherwood managed that with a half time talk before managing his first game. 

And he seriously needs to give gabby a chance. 

I like many of us wish Remi well and really want him to be a success, someone said that he's probably a better manager when things are going well and i kind of understand these sentiments, however do i think that Remi can lead us straight back up again? no is the honest answer in my opinion. The championship is a horrible hurly burly marathon of a division and i just don't see Remi being able to make his mark in it, so yes  with some regret for Remi, i think Pearson should come in for next season.

I still have faith in Garde, I think he will sort us out in the long term whatever happens this season. It would be absolute bonkers to ditch him for Pearson or Mick McCarthy, but Lerner has made similar decisions in the past (e.g. Ged for McLeish). Keep the faith.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â