The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

9 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Good Lord no!! Just a quick question do you not feel that a huge part of Leicester's fantastic journey is is part due to Pearson's input?

Not really. They were completely dire for most of last season and he was sacked in the summer. 

Ranieri coming in, Mahrez being a once in a decade buy, and Vardy catching fire are far more important factors IMO.

Edited by TheAuthority

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Not really. They were completely dire for most of last season and he was sacked in the summer. 

Ranieri coming in, Mahrez being a once on a decade buy, and Vardy catching fire are far more important factors IMO.

To be honest I don't think they were dire, I seem to recall them being in most games they were involved in  last year and particularly unlucky on more than one occasion. I feel your being a  tad harsh on Pearson and it's acknowledged in many quarters that Ranieri has not really changed much. If you don't like him as a person that's a fair one and I do get this.

8 minutes ago, Dave J said:

To be honest I don't think they were dire, I seem to recall them being in most games they were involved in  last year and particularly unlucky on more than one occasion. I feel your being a  tad harsh on Pearson and it's acknowledged in many quarters that Ranieri has not really changed much. If you don't like him as a person that's a fair one and I do get this.

From September 21st to March 21st they lost 18 games, drew 5 and won 4. Thats pretty dire for most of the season.

But you're correct in assuming that I think he's an absolute tosspot.

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

From September 21st to March 21st they lost 18 games, drew 5 and won 4. Thats pretty dire for most of the season.

Yes of course I'm not denying you this. I was trying to make the point that they competed well in a lot of games and this was laying the foundation for such a splendid finale to the season. Hey it's just my opinion and I'm not saying I'm right.  I would be OK with him coming in next year but I also understand because of some of his non- football antics shall we say, he's clearly Marmite.

I agree with Dave J on this one. There's a massive difference between Leicester's run of games last winter when they couldn't get any points but competed hard, and, for instance, ourselves. They really did look pretty unlucky this time last year, that isn't just hindsight. 

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think I might vomit if Nigel Pearson is our next manager.

If he gets us promoted i couldn't care less about his personality! I am nkt exactly going to take the guy out to dinner so for me it doesn't matter about him as a person as long as he gets things done like he did at Leicester 

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Didn't they beat united 5-4 in the dire stage your referring to??

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

If he gets us promoted i couldn't care less about his personality! I am nkt exactly going to take the guy out to dinner so for me it doesn't matter about him as a person as long as he gets things done like he did at Leicester 

If Pearson can get us promoted, then there are plenty of managers out there who can do the same, without being thuggish pricks in the process.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If Pearson can get us promoted, then there are plenty of managers out there who can do the same, without being thuggish pricks in the process.

Haha true. I would prefer Gary Rowett to be honest. Really impressed with him. He makes piss poor teams look good. Also I like the way he conducts himself. Was really impressed with him at Villa Park. If not him I wouldnt mind Hughton from Brighton if they dont come up. Pearson is only person i would take thats currently unemployed (reluctantly) as I do agree he is a bit of a knob

And whats Gardes record lol

At the moment I'm ok with Garde being manager, but that's pretty much just based on blind faith.

If he goes, then Hughton would certainly be on my list. But I'm not sure he'd be available, he certainly won't if Brighton come up.

Hughton, Moyes, Rowett, maybe even try to poach Alex Neil from Norwich. There are definitely a few managers out there that could replace Garde (if he leaves), and give us a realistic chance of promotion.

But as others have said.. Please.. No Pearson! The man is a tool, and as much as people say 'I don't care what he says if he gets us promoted', you WILL care when it's week-in, week-out, and we have a manager that becomes a laughing stock because of the shit he pulls.

7 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Hughton, Moyes, Rowett, maybe even try to poach Alex Neil from Norwich. There are definitely a few managers out there that could replace Garde (if he leaves), and give us a realistic chance of promotion.

But as others have said.. Please.. No Pearson! The man is a tool, and as much as people say 'I don't care what he says if he gets us promoted', you WILL care when it's week-in, week-out, and we have a manager that becomes a laughing stock because of the shit he pulls.

I'd rather have Pearson than anybody on that list

Why?

I don't understand the appeal of Pearson other than he has proven he can get a team promoted. 

There are plenty of other managers out there who have either proven that or look like they'd be able to given the chance (Rowett) that aren't complete arseholes.

And like I said, when you see how well Leicester are doing this season under a new manager, does Pearson's last season look that impressive?

I don't think Pearson would do a bad job. But I certainly don't think he'd do a better job than plenty of others out there.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â