The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

On 2/16/2016 at 14:59, VillaCas said:

This thread is absolutely mindblowing.  Deckchairs and the Titanic come to mind!!

I really don't understand what Garde is supposed to do

Bunn - nowhere near good enough

Richards - a liability

Okore - OK

Lescott - lacks ability, lacks heart

Cissoko - second best

Westwood - the definition of average

Gana - OK

Veretout - OK

Gil - lightweight

Bacuna - brainless

Gabby - three years too late, three stone too heavy

We're going to get a few more kickings yet

No idea if Garde is good enough - I'll start to make a judgement when he has a chance to mould his own team rather than the shower of shite he has been handed so far

I know where you are coming from and I can't disagree....I think there is a few OK's I'm in doubts with.....However when we are this bad, decent players get dragged in.

On 2/16/2016 at 15:28, tonyh29 said:

Sky had a list of stats today .. is it any coincidence that our players cover the least amount of ground per game than any team  .. the implication being we aren't very fit  .. ( I mentioned previously in this thread I thought our players looked leggy and tired ) of course it could just be the style Remi wants us to play , running around like a headless chicken doesn't automatically equate to be results  (see Bournemouth) but one of the things Klopps teams Liverpool seem to have done is sacrifice flair and skill for playing high tempo and pressing the other team , and it worked quite effectively on Sunday

work shy

12 hours ago, Adbo9 said:

Playing Devils advocate - was Garde targeting the right players or has he got as much pull as he thinks?  As by all accounts, Doumbia knocked us back for less wedge at Newcastle....... Sometimes I feel its not as simplistic as "the board haven't backed him" - how do we know they haven't, they mite have been willing to stump plenty of money on the right lads, but if Garde cant talk them into signing - I'm not sure what the board can do - as is proven with Doumbia

We are supposed to have a transfer committee. We needed players we had time to identify them and get it done before the last couple of days. Kharzi I think it is wanted to come but we were unwilling to pay the fee he's been involved in getting 4 pts for Sunderland through goals and assists. Debuchy seemed nailed on but Almstadt got involved apparently. You only have to look to players going to China to show they'll do anything for money. With a bit if will we would've got at least a couple in. 

1 minute ago, dn1982 said:

We are supposed to have a transfer committee. We needed players we had time to identify them and get it done before the last couple of days. Kharzi I think it is wanted to come but we were unwilling to pay the fee he's been involved in getting 4 pts for Sunderland through goals and assists. Debuchy seemed nailed on but Almstadt got involved apparently. You only have to look to players going to China to show they'll do anything for money. With a bit if will we would've got at least a couple in. 

Quotes or guesswork?

10 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Quotes or guesswork?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3434140/Aston-Villa-manager-Remi-Garde-reveals-frustrations-club-blocked-1million-loan-bid-Arsenal-defender-Mathieu-Debuchy.html

Aston Villa manager Remi Garde reveals his frustrations as club blocked £1million loan bid for Arsenal defender Mathieu Debuchy

• Remi Garde clashed with sporting director Hendrik Almstadt over transfers
  • Almstadt angry at his limited involvement in pursuit of Mathieu Debuchy 
  • Arsenal full-back Debuchy ended up joining Ligue 1 side Bordeaux on loan 
  • Likelihood of relegation to Championship increased difficulty of transfers
Remi Garde’s frustrations in the transfer window can be revealed further after it emerged the Aston Villa manager clashed with sporting director Hendrik Almstadt over the transfer of Mathieu Debuchy.

The Arsenal right-back was a target for Garde during January and it is understood talks were held between the two Frenchman at Bodymoor Heath with Arsene Wenger’s blessing in the middle of last month.

Almstadt, though, is thought to have been angry at his limited role in negotiations and told Garde as such, prompting a riposte.

In the end the deal did not progress because Villa’s financial team, including head of recruitment Paddy Riley, were reluctant to spend more than £1million on any loan fee and Garde prioritised bringing in a goalkeeper and striker, now known to be Lovre Kalinic and Seydou Doumbia.

Almstadt denies there was a conflict over the prospective move for Debuchy, who ended up joining Bordeaux on loan. Garde has spoken publicly about his deep disappointment at failing to bring in any players during the winter window, having been promised funds to make signings upon his appointment in November.

Garde believed an injection of fresh faces would reinvigorate his squad’s attempts to claw themselves to an unlikely position of safety, off the back of a three-match unbeaten sequence.

But new chairman Steve Hollis, chief executive Tom Fox as well as Almstadt and Riley reasoned any incomings had to be balanced out against the likelihood of relegation to the Championship, a view that hardened after earlier defeats to Norwich and Sunderland.

He'll walk after we've officially been relegated and I wouldn't blame him either.

It appears we have employed an 'old school tie' network who will back each other before the manager everytime, even to the detriment of the club/playing staff.

Dark(er) days ahead......

5 minutes ago, KHV said:

But new chairman Steve Hollis, chief executive Tom Fox as well as Almstadt and Riley reasoned any incomings had to be balanced out against the likelihood of relegation to the Championship, a view that hardened after earlier defeats to Norwich and Sunderland.

I reckon those losers would have come up with an excuse even if we won those games not to spend money

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

He'll walk after we've officially been relegated and I wouldn't blame him either.

It appears we have employed an 'old school tie' network who will back each other before the manager everytime, even to the detriment of the club/playing staff.

Dark(er) days ahead......

Unfortuantly I think this is the case :( 

24 minutes ago, KHV said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3434140/Aston-Villa-manager-Remi-Garde-reveals-frustrations-club-blocked-1million-loan-bid-Arsenal-defender-Mathieu-Debuchy.html

Aston Villa manager Remi Garde reveals his frustrations as club blocked £1million loan bid for Arsenal defender Mathieu Debuchy

• Remi Garde clashed with sporting director Hendrik Almstadt over transfers
  • Almstadt angry at his limited involvement in pursuit of Mathieu Debuchy 
  • Arsenal full-back Debuchy ended up joining Ligue 1 side Bordeaux on loan 
  • Likelihood of relegation to Championship increased difficulty of transfers
Remi Garde’s frustrations in the transfer window can be revealed further after it emerged the Aston Villa manager clashed with sporting director Hendrik Almstadt over the transfer of Mathieu Debuchy.

The Arsenal right-back was a target for Garde during January and it is understood talks were held between the two Frenchman at Bodymoor Heath with Arsene Wenger’s blessing in the middle of last month.

Almstadt, though, is thought to have been angry at his limited role in negotiations and told Garde as such, prompting a riposte.

In the end the deal did not progress because Villa’s financial team, including head of recruitment Paddy Riley, were reluctant to spend more than £1million on any loan fee and Garde prioritised bringing in a goalkeeper and striker, now known to be Lovre Kalinic and Seydou Doumbia.

Almstadt denies there was a conflict over the prospective move for Debuchy, who ended up joining Bordeaux on loan. Garde has spoken publicly about his deep disappointment at failing to bring in any players during the winter window, having been promised funds to make signings upon his appointment in November.

Garde believed an injection of fresh faces would reinvigorate his squad’s attempts to claw themselves to an unlikely position of safety, off the back of a three-match unbeaten sequence.

No quote.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I reckon those losers would have come up with an excuse even if we won those games not to spend money

Totally, we would have been spun a line like this - we believe in this squad and its ability to retain premiership status..... blah blah blah

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Totally, we would have been spun a line like this - we believe in this squad and its ability to retain premiership status..... blah blah blah

Exactly i am not falling for that bullshit. We managed to get close to 19th had we got some new players who knows what could have happened. Its a absolute travesty. I will neevr forgive Lerner and Fox for that.

I bring on the day for when this idiot leaves the club. Unfortunately it seems like there will be absolutely no takeover in place with all these appointments

• Like 1

I think that RM is a good manager, and I think he will become a very good manager. I also think that he is acting honorably in remaining manager. He will resign at the end of the season unless he sees hope or purpose in staying. Next season could be very scary indeed. Anyone know the stat for teams that have been relegated back to back from the Premier League?

31 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Anyone know the stat for teams that have been relegated back to back from the Premier League?

I think only Swindon and Wolves have done that. Others have eventually dropped again but not back to back relegations.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â