The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

The situation is a complete joke. Such a pathetic club it's unbelievable.

Still honestly believe that this is just a taste of what's to come. 

That said, would I be disappointed if a manager with 1 win to his name walked out? Probably not.

• Like 2

What does the guy say when he addresses the players ..they will see like us the board has given up and belives them not good enough to survive.

How does he motivate them , how does he get them to not give up.

By not backing him and doing nothing they have shown they dont back his judgement and seemingly as well as not beliving we can stay up they dont have much hope of us returning quickly as they are too worried even with parachutes payments of us going bust.

Say we go down with Newcastle and Norwich will the players they have brought all clear off or will they stay to try and get them promoted ? In which chase they will have players acclimatized to team where as we again in summer have to go on a big recruitment drive.

Why appoint the guy to save the season if you wont back him ?

• Like 3

This guy has been s*** on from the highest of highs, what a bloody shame. I haven't really felt angry to the submission of us going down until yesterday as all of our targets went somewhere else. I feel the club has let everyone down especially the fans and RG What an absolute joke of a club how embarrassing, I think that they haven't even tried to negotiate and just said 'this is what we'll pay you but when we go down we're taking half your wages, now doesn't that sound like an exciting offer' (sarcasm) 

• Like 1

Remi said he needed to bring players in as the squad was playing as well as it can! The board have well and truly shafted him!! Yes he hasn't set the world alight but i don't think anyone could get much else out of this team it is one of the poorest for a long time! We are playing better and results have been improving.

My worry is if he walks who would want to come and work with this board? The job is a poisoned chalice.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, piav_k4 said:

It's a results business of that there is no doubt.

But........

has he been given a fair chance with the a squad pre assembled to suit another manager with a completely different tactical set up?

One thing about Remi that I like more than anything is that he doesn't seem to take any shit. He stands up for himself, the players and the fans. He isn't scared to call the board out and ask what is going on.

He isn't a rabbit in the headlights out of his depth like Lambert, and he isn't a slippery chancer who likes to drop stories into the press to maintain his own image at the expense of the club like Sherwood.

He's the type of bloke you want running the football side of the club and he hasn't be backed one iota. He's been let down big time.

There isn't a word of that I don't agree with. 

But atm, we really are just hoping he's decent based on him being honest and a couple of better performance.

Actual results wise, it really hasn't been enough.

Maybe he told the board he'd win 3/4 games before the window? Who knows. Im pretty sure that if/when they promised him funds, they weren't thinking that he wasn't going to win a game beforehand and that we'd actually be in a worst position than before he joined.

Agree with most of whats already been said. Really feel for the bloke, he's come in to a club that is run appallingly and has been for years. The recruitment over the summer has been terrible and to take the job when he did took courage to begin with. He obviously had targets and was told he would be backed but for whatever reasons we are stuck with the same squad he started with which is not up to standard by a long long way. Really hope he stays and oversees what will be just as hard a season next time after the Euro's. 

I, along with most had accepted relegation probably after those Norwich, Sunderland games, but for the board to seemingly have accepted it too, is a big middle finger up to the people that have stuck supporting this mess over these embarrassing last few years.

Bad bad times but what a rollercoaster we will endure over the next 5 years to see where we will be. Im praying for new ownership, its the only way.

They should have had a plan B and brought players from the top of league one and decent players from the lower end of the championship to ensure we have a base to build on next season. As it stands were going into next season with the same squad of experienced losers . If I was Remi I would leave as soon as our fate is sealed .

You walk or you stay. I don't buy that he is 'on the verge' of quitting - he has already said he would not do that. But what he has done, like a master tactician, is to frame the debate. He has paved the way for an honorable exit in the summer, unless the board convince him otherwise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, calcifer said:

Remi said he needed to bring players in as the squad was playing as well as it can! The board have well and truly shafted him!! Yes he hasn't set the world alight but i don't think anyone could get much else out of this team it is one of the poorest for a long time! We are playing better and results have been improving.

I think the board may have an issue with Remi saying this is the best he can get out of this squad for the simple reason they sacked his predecessor for only achieving 1 win in 10 games in the belief, perhaps misguided, that the squad was much better than that return. Well 12 league games under Remi have yielded just one win also.

I don’t know if things had gone better he would have been backed. I have a hunch though that had he have kept us around the 4 points from safety gap he inherited then we may well have signed some players during this window. The board may have been more willing to push the boat out a little and almost certainly players would have looked at us in a better light. Doumbia for example may well have chosen us over Newcastle had we have been on similar points.

My personal opinion is that this is a poor squad but not as poor as 13 points from 23 games and so far behind the likes of Bournemouth, Norwich, Sunderland etc who also have poor squads. I believe that both managers have so far failed to get the best out of what they had at their disposal although do acknowledge that the last 3 or 4 games under Remi have shown improvement. From now and to the end of the season I hope that continues.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think the board may have an issue with Remi saying this is the best he can get out of this squad for the simple reason they sacked his predecessor for only achieving 1 win in 10 games in the belief, perhaps misguided, that the squad was much better than that return. Well 12 league games under Remi have yielded just one win also.

I don’t know if things had gone better he would have been backed. I have a hunch though that had he have kept us around the 4 points from safety gap he inherited then we may well have signed some players during this window. The board may have been more willing to push the boat out a little and almost certainly players would have looked at us in a better light. Doumbia for example may well have chosen us over Newcastle had we have been on similar points.

My personal opinion is that this is a poor squad but not as poor as 13 points from 23 games and so far behind the likes of Bournemouth, Norwich, Sunderland etc who also have poor squads. I believe that both managers have so far failed to get the best out of what they had at their disposal although do acknowledge that the last 3 or 4 games under Remi have shown improvement. From now and to the end of the season I hope that continues.

I'm with you on this until the final paragraph. I don;t see any manger doing better when you have elements like Nzogbia and Gabby and a drunken Grealish, and then the new contingent who were not integrated properly by the management team from the offset. The game we're playing is rigged to fail, by serial incompetence from the club hierarchy. And once more, just when there is something to build on (Remi) the politics above him shift and we start again, from yet another position of weakness.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

My biggest fear is they will repeat what they did this season and sell our talented players to generate cash (sustainable). We will end up with a completely new (cheap) team, which will struggle to gel and match expectations, and then the excuses will follow. I really do not want Hollis appointing a manager, I do not believe he has the ambition or nous to make the proper appointment. 

I really hope Garde stays and is financially backed.

That's going to need to happen to some degree anyway. We're going to need (another) major clear out and Remi is going to need his players in. 

Hopefully we can keep most if not all of the summer signings and sell as much of the rest of the dross as possible. Hopefully some of these wage drops are heavy, forcing them to move on, though that we also retain the option to incentivise some of the better players to stay. 

Let's hope the extreme cuts are in the necessary and correct areas. Players like Gabby, Guzan and N'Zogbia for a start would free up £150k a week! If Remi is only allowed to pump half that alone back into the squad I would be inclined at this stage to trust him. I feel like we have to trust somebody?

• Like 2

If I am Remi Garde this morning I would be thinking "this board and owner didn't back me in January. How can i trust them to back me in the summer?" I actually think his position is untenable and would applaud him should he walk. This board has the arrogance to think this squad is good enough to come straight back up. The arrogance to think the championship will be a walk in the park. The arrogance to think the few better players will stay. The arrogance to think cutting staff to feed players wages will motivate the already overpaid preening ponces who step out onto the pitch. From owner to board to players you should all be utterly ashamed of yourselves. I genuinely feel for the manager who was blatantly sold a lie to come here. Remi, just walk. We can't walk, this poisoned club in our blood. You sir don't deserve such shambolic treatment and a myriad of lies and shifting of the goalposts. Walk now and expose this venomous set up for all its worth.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â