The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Of course things are looking very bad right now but surely you can see that it won't stay this way for decades?

but im sure Leeds fans thought the same, maybe Forest, Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn as well

Hopefully not, never say never, but the landscape is changing dramatically and we have been in a death spiral for 4 years. The only way I see it changing is if Lerner digs deep and spends big time, and even then I think it's two seasons before we get back. But Lerner won't spend, because it was easier, cheaper and more logical to have done it last Summer than next Summer, and he chose not to. He will cut his losses before he gambles. We will get sold for £80m and who knows who we will have as owners, could be good, could be bad.

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but im sure Leeds fans thought the same, maybe Forest, Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn as well

Leeds has already been done to death and it's quite clear that there were different circumstances, Blackburn have only been down a few years and Forest and Wednesday are examples yes but even then it's not like they've been down forever.

And there are of course plenty of examples of clubs that have gone down who have come back up eventually.

Just now, Zatman said:

teams I mentioned are all previous league winners and more close to our size than them 2 clubs though

But so what? They're not incapable of doing better because of their history or their size. Or is that what you're claiming?

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

But so what? They're not incapable of doing better because of their history or their size. Or is that what you're claiming?

I think big teams that go are not equipped or prepared for dangers of the Championship and struggle. Newcastle are really an exception to the rule for me

We will be everybody cup final next season

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You know what, don't worry about it. Sick of this debate.

If people can't be arsed to make themselves heard at this stage, there's no point me banging on about it. I sometimes wonder why people go to the football at all.

Now you're getting the meaning of my earlier question

58 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Garde is the best thing to have happened to this sorry club since we signed Benteke. And we've f*cked this one up too.

just when we didn't think it could get worse. 

If I didn't already not go to matches, I wouldn't go to any more matches. So there Lerner, Fox and Hollis!

He is not going. It is all balls.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sheffield Wednesday last won a trophy in 1935 and have been a yo-yo club ever since. 

they won League Cup in 90s and spent nearly 3 quarters of time in professional football in top flight

Edited by Zatman

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sheffield Wednesday last won a trophy in 1935 and have been a yo-yo club ever since. 

And the notion that Blackburn, who can't even half-fill their stadium, represent a 'cup final' is even more amusing. Has it become more or less of a 'cup final' since they appointed Paul Lambert as manager?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

they won League Cup in 90s and spent nearly 3 quarters of time in professional football in top flight

Sorry yes, so they did in 1991. The shit won one of those recently too. We have spent 3/4 of our time in The Premier League in the top 8. 

My second point stands. They have been relegated 11 times since 1937, once spending 13 years and now 16 years outside the top flight. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â