The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

I think it's a decent time to play Leicester.  Nice to be going into it with a bit of momentum, hopefully the crowd will be lifted and the players know that for a good part of the last game against them we played well.  Get two wins on the bounce and a couple of signings and hopefully things are on the up.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Is it just me or does it seem like Garde's trying to get us to be more comfortable on the ball?

Nope not just you.  To be more comfortable on the ball you need confidence.  Last nights result is massive for the way we are trying to play.  Hopefully we kick on now and i think we will personally. 

39 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Nope not just you.  To be more comfortable on the ball you need confidence.  Last nights result is massive for the way we are trying to play.  Hopefully we kick on now and i think we will personally. 

Remember that one touch stuff edge of our box, 4 or 5 quick one touch passes between CBs and midfield before it going out to Bacuna (then it coming back but let's forget that) that was a big sign for me of what Garde is trying to get them to do. 

10 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Remember that one touch stuff edge of our box, 4 or 5 quick one touch passes between CBs and midfield before it going out to Bacuna (then it coming back but let's forget that) that was a big sign for me of what Garde is trying to get them to do. 

The one where kozac was just off side was amazing play up untill the through ball as well

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Funny enough a couple of the lads around me started a few cries of Barcelona!! All in jest of course but appreciative of the football were trying to play.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I think that's been evident since his first game

yeah this ... arguably why we weren't hurting teams enough as well , 30 passes around the centre circle are all well and good but sometimes you need to get it in the box and wait for the other teams keeper to give you a gift

just saw the highlights which obviously dont say the whole game but thought we started nervously from it and grew into the game. Gil looked weak from the clips that they showed, got pushed off the ball 2 or 3 times but Ayew and Veretout looked good and Kozak very lively

all the subs celebrating like crazy at the end shows that team is together at least

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

just saw the highlights which obviously dont say the whole game but thought we started nervously from it and grew into the game. Gil looked weak from the clips that they showed, got pushed off the ball 2 or 3 times but Ayew and Veretout looked good and Kozak very lively

all the subs celebrating like crazy at the end shows that team is together at least

You just reminded be that I'm yet to watch the highlights. A long time since I've actually wanted to watch highlights from a Villa match.

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

That would be a fairly inaccurate assessment to be honest. We completely dominated the game from 40 seconds onwards, post to final whistle. 

• Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That would be a fairly inaccurate assessment to be honest. We completely dominated the game from 40 seconds onwards, post to final whistle. 

It was a 5 minutes Match of the Day clip and showed them hitting the post and then another chance they had then it was mainly us

It was a 5 minutes Match of the Day clip and showed them hitting the post and then another chance they had then it was mainly us

Sure. I was just filling in the gaps for you ;)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

We dominated most of the game.. Palace hardly threatened besides the first minute where they rattled the post. Gil actually had a really good first half.. but was marked a bit more... lets say physically in the second half. They just kept fouling him in the first half. 

Ayew was good as always.. should have scored a worldly but over hit his shot. Veretout was quiet but he was much deeper than usual. Did his job. Kozak was brilliant. All over the place.. lost the ball a few times.. appeared rusty as well.. but just worked his arse off till the end. Making tackles in our own box which was so impressive. Unlike Gestede and Gabby. 

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

.....Gil looked weak from the clips that they showed, got pushed off the ball 2 or 3 times......

This bit is true, and is actually true in most games. The way that he plays, his twisting and turning style often with his back to the opponent means that most of the time he wriggles away and goes past them very easily, however at least 2-3 times a game he loses possession in the final third and we are often left open to the counter attack.

However, I think you have to accept this if you are going to play creative players that try to make things happen and take chances. We could keep the ball all game if we passed it sideways and backwards and never tried to take anyone on. 

I think it is the way that Gil loses the ball that often looks worse - he doesn't tend to misplace a pass or mis-control the ball, it always seems to be he is overpowered or crowded out by turning into trouble.

He didn't have a great game on Tuesday, but he occupied the opposition and he put in a shift - he's doing ok for me.

Edited by GeordieVillan
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â