The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Sherwood only managed 10 Prem league games this season and we took four points. Regardless though his time is in the past and I think as a club we spend too long looking back and wallowing in what we think so and so did wrong and focusing on those that have f all to do with us going forward.

For the first time in a very long time we have a positive result to build on. Lets focus on that and look forward.

As Sherwood put us in this mess I'm allowing him credit for the Spurs game, so for me 1 point from the last 10 PL games

..but I agree, lets look forward now

...Hopefully we can bring two or three in (did nothing wrong but I'm not convinced at all by Bunn)

Apart from the 100% commitment from the players I don't think we played that differently with the ball under Garde than we did last night. Oh and Kozak.

We needed Garde when MON was sacked, the battle now is too great. A real shame but I hope he sticks around and keeps transforming how this club plays football. 

34 minutes ago, Arj Guy said:

Great that Remi got his first win last night but it will mean nothing if we don't build on it. Too many times this season it has been 1 step forward followed by 2 steps back. For example we got a good point against Citeh and then followed it up with a heavy loss at Everton. Played well at home to West Ham and then put out two gutless displays at Norwich and Sunderland.

Feels more like it's been two steps back, followed by five steps back.

21 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Not to derail the thread too much, but Pardew has almost resembled a decent human being since being at Palace. Completely different character to his Newcastle days, and always seems to speak well of our club.

Back on topic, I think that lacklustre nature of the performance against Wycombe could have worked in our favour. I think Garde wanted to use the game to see which players wanted the fight, hence his team selection against Palace.

Hopefully we can get something against Leicester to build some momentum. Plus, we owe them one! 

What did he say?

Excellent performance, full of spirit, energy, hussle & bussle and a willingness to fight to get the ball back. I'd love it if we could force another couple of wins in the next few games. Bacuna, Gana, Lescott and Ayew were our best players, in my opinion, putting in great shifts.

If that's the way we continue to play (full of energy, constant hassling of opponent players, even from Kozak), then it's possibly clear to see why Garde has been reluctant to use Adama more, despite his obvious attacking flair. He would add considerably to the attacking ability in the team, but it's hard to disagree that we wouldn't have been 'on top' of Palace as much as we were last night, had he been in the side.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Or presented in a less Sherwood-centric manner

Sherwood's last 10 PL Games  = 1 points

Garde's first 10 PL Games = 7 points

Is this a joke or unintentional comedy. 

I presented the entire results of both managers. How is that in a sherwood-centric manner? And then you choose a specific section of games for your comparison. Brilliant. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Is this a joke or unintentional comedy. 

I presented the entire results of both managers. How is that in a sherwood-centric manner? And then you choose a specific section of games for your comparison. Brilliant. 

The obvious comparison is only league games.  God knows why you'd include cup games.

16 minutes ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

We needed Garde when MON was sacked, the battle now is too great. A real shame but I hope he sticks around and keeps transforming how this club plays football. 

To be fair in Houllier we did make a similar kind of appointment.  McCleish was where it all went to shit.

8 minutes ago, DK82 said:

What did he say?

Pardew?

Basically said the game would have been different if Palace scored after 40 seconds instead of hitting the post (and it would've been), and that they lacked a cutting edge.  However, he was surprised - and hadn't planned for - the hard work of Villa and that we deserved the win.  Said it was remarkable given our recent performances and the players and manager deserve a lot of credit for the game

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Pardew?

Basically said the game would have been different if Palace scored after 40 seconds instead of hitting the post (and it would've been), and that they lacked a cutting edge.  However, he was surprised - and hadn't planned for - the hard work of Villa and that we deserved the win.  Said it was remarkable given our recent performances and the players and manager deserve a lot of credit for the game

He also said something about not wanting us to go down. "The Premier League would not want to lose a club of this magnitude. I hope they can resolve it."

He's a monumental ring piece, but fair play to him for that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

Yes, you're absolutely right (memory slip).
I've even said in the past I liked Houllier because he changed our style to a more modern game :blush:

We were going the right way with Houllier but it took time before being abruptly cut short, which is why I think Garde definitely needs time.  Also Houliier was well connected and looked like he had Cabaye nailed on to sign in the summer.

• Like 2

Garde now needs to be backed in the transfer market.

We need strengthening all over the pitch but for me a couple of options up top are essential. 

I liked Kozak's attitude last night but if we could get someone strong, mobile and quick like Loic Remy on loan it could transform our season. 

Secondly, an Ashley Young-type wide player who can beat a man but also cover his full-back

We could do with others elsewhere. GK, CB, RB but first for me would be the two attacking positions

I don't see how Grealish get back in this side at all - it would need a complete sea-change in attitude and approach

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â