Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

18 minutes ago, DoubtGin said:

Would Lescott be allowed to play for another team this season? He's already played for two.

Or is that rule only for Europe?

Lescott news is interesting. He definitely looked better with Okore but he's certainly past it and if we've got the chance to get somebody decent it, we should definitely go for it. Okore needs a long term CB partner. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

please get rid of lescott, what a terrible signing he has been. Even senderos did better than him

senderos will no doubt go down as another waste of money terrible signing but i actually thought he was ok in the games he did play, pretty solid but more importantly really composed, shame he got injured

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

senderos will no doubt go down as another waste of money terrible signing but i actually thought he was ok in the games he did play, pretty solid but more importantly really composed, shame he got injured

I agree, i still find it odd how, as a keystone of the tightest defence i've seen in years at Villa at the beginning of last season when we got off to a flyer and just were not conceding goals, he gets injured never to be seen again?! Only at the Villa :huh:

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

I remember reading somewhere that he refused to play when asked,  when he wasn't 100 % fit.  He was frozen out after that. I may have read it on here so don't take it as gospel. 

Okore? If so, not a chance. The kid ran through walls at the end of last season whilst his knee was still unstable, he definitely wants to play whenever and wherever possible. In fact I'm pretty sure he refused to come off in some of the U21 games because he was trying to get back to full fitness.

Edited by samjp26

10 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Okore? If so, not a chance. The kid ran through walls at the end of last season whilst his knee was still unstable, he definitely wants to play whenever and wherever possible. In fact I'm pretty sure he refused to come off in some of the U21 games because he was trying to get back to full fitness.

That was Senderos.  Medical staff said he was fit to play, he said he wasnt, rest is history or it will be

Reckons we have bid for Lamine Kone

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-rumour-mill-10703131

French website L’Équipe state that Aston Villa have made an offer for Lorient defender Lamine Koné.

The report states that Norwich and Villa have both made bids after a move to Sunderland collapsed after the Black Cats decided to look elsewhere.

• Like 1

Afobe makes total sense which is why I doubt it will happen at this club.

That said Wenger today stated this on Debuchy

“Debuchy has an opportunity to go but he as well has not been in touch with any club.

Sounds like to me Debuchy isn't keen and to be honest who can blame him.

I'd rather we picked up a long term option; Byram will have better options but someone of that ilk is better than Debuchy on a short term fix surely.