Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Fair enough. His goalscoring record for Fernebache and also Lille is outstanding though, proper 1 in 2 stuff.

I'm only mentioning them as players who were playing in France when Remi was managing there so I'd say players like that who he has good knowledge of will be more likely than the lower league recruits which has been our specialty last few years. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm very willing to bet we won't be getting anyone who's played in the Champions League group stages. I would wager fairly significant amounts of money on that. 

some Malmo defenders who could tighten up our defence ;)

Nothing to do with the topic, but talking about Champions league, I love how ManU fans are complaining to ME how shite and boring THEY are.. effin glory hunters, would do a lot to see Villa be where they are.. They would probable not have one fan left if they were in our situation.. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

It depresses me that we are bad enough to be bottom of a league that is bad enough for Man Utd to be second in.

It's all about the defence, theirs is actually pretty tight at the moment. And ours is a colander.

So where they still pick up points, dispite playing badly we couldn't buy them.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

i am still struggling to understand why sherwood let cissokho go and kept richardson

because managers make mistakes like that he isnt 1st and wont be the last. Was Curtis Davies really better than Gary Cahill or Laurent Blanc better than Stam

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

because managers make mistakes like that he isnt 1st and wont be the last. Was Curtis Davies really better than Gary Cahill or Laurent Blanc better than Stam

But I dont think think it was  a mistake zatman, i think it was plain stupidity from sherwood. We all saw how bad richardson was at left back last season. Another of a catalogue of errors from usless tim

but Richardson was clearly a back up behind Amavi, nobody was going to expect Amavi to get a season ending injury. Maybe Cissokho wanted to play first team football and didnt want be back-up and Richardson didnt mind

• Like 2

I think, as I've said before, it's very much a case of 'we need to get rid of a left back. Not Amavi, so Richardson or Cissokho. Anybody want Richardson? Anyone? No? He's going cheap . . . No? Oh all right then, anyone want Cissokho? Okay, great, thanks Porto, you can have him.'

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but Richardson was clearly a back up behind Amavi, nobody was going to expect Amavi to get a season ending injury. Maybe Cissokho wanted to play first team football and didnt want be back-up and Richardson didnt mind

Hmm but I think thats a bad strategy to have, its a long season having two in each position that are able to cope is best way of planning. Having a backup who is just crap was a bad move. Cissokho has gone from backup to us to backup at porto. Think sherwood must have told him find  a new club hence why he left. Cissoko for me is 5x better than richardson. Good defender just crap going forward

32 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think, as I've said before, it's very much a case of 'we need to get rid of a left back. Not Amavi, so Richardson or Cissokho. Anybody want Richardson? Anyone? No? He's going cheap . . . No? Oh all right then, anyone want Cissokho? Okay, great, thanks Porto, you can have him.'

This.

I imagine we wanted to get rid of a left back and Cissokho was the one that other clubs actually wanted.

• Like 1

Surely we have a left back in our U21s or Academy that could be brought in.  Allot of other clubs seem to be able to do it, i.e. young fast left backs coming in from their Academy.  Anything would be better than Richardson and would mean we dont play Bacuana out of position, though i thought he did okay there for us.