Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

We aren't signing players because our financial directors don't want to spend money and Garde thinks we're the new Barca since he actually won a match so he's not arrsed either.

The nobody wants to sign for us argument doesn't wash with me. We haven't been looking, or trying hard enough.

Clubs completely **** up. 

The white flag was blown way too early , unforgivable and their should be a protest. A proper protest. 

Edited by supernova26

i think the new chairman has not got the spunk to tell RL this team is down unless he pays the going rate for players that gets him his beloved tv £££

99% of modern players will sign & play for any club if you pay them & more,reading between the lines the board feel its too late & dont want more dead wood on the wage bill like gabby & zig bog

to get villa rocking & with a shot of staying up i can only see/hope teki might return but they are playing in a cup final so why would klop send him on loan when teki is plan b to them

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I think the club have already accepted relegation hence the lack of signings

Which is unacceptable to me. They should hang their heads in shame if we fail to bring in anyone in and I think as you say this is the reason for the lack of transfer activity. Its not over until the fat lady sings other than it would seem at Villa Park! :angry:  

• Like 1

Sorry don't buy none wants to join Villa. Championship teams sign players all the time and some real decent ones.  We're still not down yet and even if we were we would be favourites to come back up. So if your a foreigner and are 22 years old and want a chance in England. Even to showcase yourself for 6 months..  you can be sent out on loan to Middlesbrough or whoever comes up next season the way Qpr did with Remy. It's all down to Randy and his pets imo. rocket polishers the lot of them

Edited by KSV
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

how many signings have other clubs made so far?

The four teams above us have all made at least one signing (some teams more than one) and Swansea are about to spend £8m on a striker apparently.

5 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

No I can't imagine why anyone worth their salt would come here atm.

As has been said before there are players who could make a difference who would sign for us permanently or on loan if we really wanted to bring anyone in.

They may be playing abroad and want an opportunity to play if only for a few months in the PL, they may be playing in the leagues below our current one and want the chance to play in the PL and for a team like us whatever the league we may end up in next season or they may want to play first team football again in some cases to enhance their prospects of playing in the Euros. 

Sunderland's hopes of staying up are little better than our own but unlike us they do not seem quite as ready to throw in the towel.   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, John said:

Which is unacceptable to me. They should hang their heads in shame if we fail to bring in anyone in and I think as you say this is the reason for the lack of transfer activity. Its not over until the fat lady sings other than it would seem at Villa Park! :angry:  

Exactly. Just because they don't "fear relegation" bunch of arse holes. We are a football club not a financial institution. 

Giving up in sport is not justifiable in anyway. 

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, John said:

As has been said before there are players who could make a difference who would sign for us permanently or on loan if we really wanted to bring anyone in.

They may be playing abroad and want an opportunity to play if only for a few months in the PL, they may be playing in the leagues below our current one and want the chance to play in the PL and for a team like us whatever the league we may end up in next season or they may want to play first team football again in some cases to enhance their prospects of playing in the Euros. 

Sunderland's hopes of staying up are little better than our own but unlike us they do not seem quite as ready to throw in the towel.   

I think Newcastle and Sunderland are doing a scattergun approach to signings and they can afford to gamble more as they're in touch we on the other hand have to be more astute with our signings as we are basically down and need a miracle! I still think we'll get a few in. I just hope they're of high enough quality to have a good go at staying up!! 

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Some possible good news at last.

Please let it happen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/transfernews/article-3421772/Aston-Villa-striker-Gabriel-Agbonlahor-set-join-Turkish-club-Kayserispor-falling-favour-Villa-Park.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Aston Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor set to join Turkish club Kayserispor after falling out of favour at Villa Park 

• Gabriel Agbonlahor is close to joining Turkish club Kayserispori
  • The 29-year-old is no longer a part of manager Remi Garde's plans
  • Two clubs have opened talks over a transfer this month

By SAMI MOKBEL FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 22:05 GMT, 28 January 2016 | UPDATED: 22:05 GMT, 28 January 2016

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

View comments

Aston Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor is poised to join Turkish club Kayserispor.

The 29-year-old has been told he can leave Villa Park this month by manager Remi Garde.

And Kayserispor have opened talks with the Midlands club over a move to Turkey for the forward.

Agbonlahor has lost his place under Garde and hasn’t played since December 5.

The forward has spent his entire career at Villa - making his debut win March 2006, scoring in a loss to Everton, but his time now looks to be nearing the end.

Aston Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor is poised to join Turkish club Kayserispor

+2

Aston Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor is poised to join Turkish club Kayserispor

Agbonlahor has lost his place under Garde and hasn’t played since December 5
  • SHARE PICTURE
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

+2

Agbonlahor has lost his place under Garde and hasn’t played since December 5

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/transfernews/article-3421772/Aston-Villa-striker-Gabriel-Agbonlahor-set-join-Turkish-club-Kayserispor-falling-favour-Villa-Park.html#ixzz3ya4DhWSe 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Like 1