Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

We have been having to sell our good players, to balance the books from the so many bad players.....Consequently our good ones are planning their exit strategy as soon as this penny drops.

Good players like Delph and Benteke want to play with other good players, but we only find them now and again and the said players see this and want to move on.

Until we reverse the trend of increasing the ratio of good v bad signings I can't see us ever moving forward.

sure money is required to do this and a cement mixer of talent spotting Nous to boot.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

This is more depressing than when we signed Grant Holt from Wigan (reading that back, that actually happened!?)

but If I remember correctly there was euphoria on this site as to what we did last summer.....little did we know it was going to be instrumental in putting us in this position.

I'm not saying the frenchies are poor, but for 40 mill, it is arguable it could have been better spent.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

but If I remember correctly there was euphoria on this site as to what we did last summer.....little did we know it was going to be instrumental in putting us in this position.

I'm not saying the frenchies are poor, but for 40 mill, it is arguable it could have been better spent.

There's a reason why individual players are being sold for the same price we spent on 5 or 6.

Scott it's more than just Hollis coming on board,  in a role above his grade just cutting costs.  It's basically the club not having one idea about the business of football and stumbling from one mistake to another not giving a shit about football

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

What was instrumental was 1) not having a decent squad into which our new signings could slot and 2) having a very poor manager who had no idea how to integrate the "frenchies" into the squad and couldn't even bring himself to speak to some of the new signings

Personally I think the "frenchies" are the best four players in our squad and we would be hard pressed to have got better value for £34m elsewhere.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TRO said:

.......but its not just Leicester is it?

Look, no one is saying it is easy.....but it is doable.

just a few recent examples of poor budget signings

• Illori
  • Crespo
  • Luna
  • Bowery
  • Tonev
  • Hellenius

In recent times we are notoriously bad at it......but in times gone by very Good.

• Platt
  • Yorke
  • McGrath
  • Gray
  • Evans
  • Barry
  • Teale
  • Cropley
  • Rimmer
  • Swain 
  • Morley
  • Leonard

just a few off the top of my head.

The difference....The internet yes..... but mainly the people spotting them.

and I'm sure in all the years you've covered there was a few duds!!! I think we also paid about £1m for Barry! We need consistency in management and recruitment that's the only way we will improve over time. 

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

My worry is that in stumbling from one mistake to another, we'll rush past finding a way to fix it before giving it a chance to work.

I'm including that in one of the mistakes.  We are a shambles total and utter and to be frank we will be down for a while The whole club is a mess.  He would have been better not even appointing a chairman until the summer at the least. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We have been having to sell our good players, to balance the books from the so many bad players.....Consequently our good ones are planning their exit strategy as soon as this penny drops.

Good players like Delph and Benteke want to play with other good players, but we only find them now and again and the said players see this and want to move on.

Until we reverse the trend of increasing the ratio of good v bad signings I can't see us ever moving forward.

sure money is required to do this and a cement mixer of talent spotting Nous to boot.

Delph and Benteke wanted 1) The possibility of Champions League and 2) Big wages

We've already reversed the trend with the signings of Gil, Ayew, Traore, Veretout, Gana, Amavi

Poor signings prior to this are IMO the fault of MON and later Lerner/Faulkner with their boom/bust funding model