Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't know what criteria they use to sign strikers, but for me goals scored in a season alone ,as apt as is may be is too simplistic.

In the past we have signed

• Cascarino when it should have been his partner Sheringham
  • Whittingham when it should have been his partner Walsh

we seem to sign strikers who rely too much on service, as opposed to them that can tend to create their own.....quick feet and the ability to get between the lines.

its all well and good signing big physical strikers but they usually have a touch of a rapist. There are exceptions of course like Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

in recent times we seem to be devoid of appreciating the Brian Littles And Dwight Yorkes.

as difficult as it is the repeat those captures we could at least appear to be linked with that sort.....rather than big lumbering gallutes.

I think in Ayew we have the Yorke type we just need someone with more pace and mobility than Gestede or Kozak and that shouldn't be hard!! Santos for 1/4mil seems worth a go. I'm sure we could write if off if he turns out crap! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I think in Ayew we have the Yorke type we just need someone with more pace and mobility than Gestede or Kozak and that shouldn't be hard!! Santos for 1/4mil seems worth a go. I'm sure we could write if off if he turns out crap! 

I like Ayew....in many ways and his footwork is encouraging.....needs better players around him though.....even accepting he creates good work himself.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Unfortunately, Yorke was much better than Ayew is. Yorke was a cracking player: skill, vision, and a very respectable goal tally.

I think what is being mooted is that type

56 minutes ago, GeneralJazzman said:

Even Craig Gardner has been solid for WBA, hardly great but solid enough. We have lost some academy players in daft circumstances. A friend and I were chatting Friday about whether Weiman would be a good fit under Garde. 

Who should and could we get first team striker wise? 

Dwight Gayle maybe?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GeneralJazzman said:

Our forwards are so under pressure to score I don't think they get their head up to look for others. Rudy layoff against Wycombe is exactly how we should play. Simple, effective, accurate and inventive when required. Ayew needs to look more often now

But who is there to lay the ball off to in the box?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

But who is there to lay the ball off to in the box?

There have been times, we have one maybe two people in there but we don't hit them. Players shoot and it's blocked. Rather than hot headed need to score we could, easier said than done, calmly pass around them and look for a claret and blue shirt. This does poo poo my Gabby idea I know but he is a wildcard lol. 

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Remi at the Lyon v marsellie game tonight.  What realistic players we could get would he be watching there

As said above I wouldn't read too much into it as Lyon is his old club. It's entirely possible he's just gone to see the game.

That being said, Mandanda is playing who we've already been linked with, but who I'd struggle to see joining us, but might make sense if the other keeper has fallen through.

I'm looking hopefully at strikers but the ones I know in that game are too good for us.